2011.05.19 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Ten)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping NurseBeeme's post for everyone (this is from after lunch...)

In the morning they interviewed 4, sat the 12th Juror, dismissed 1 and sat 3 atlernates

at 1330 hhjp brought in 30 new people and read an abbreviated indictment at the suggestion of the defense. After open questioning only 9 or 10 remained from hardship. These were sent home

we got our last member of the 16... 3281 an info systems granny which the defense objected to on cause but it was denied

we now have 16!!! that means we have our 12! (only 4 total strikes left.. )

two additional women were brought in 3178 was against the dp and stricken for cause.. and 3175 was stricken because she thought Casey was guilty

at wrap up/housekeeping the defense team threatened to delay the trial because they didn't know the ORDER in which the state would call their witnesses... HHJP called their bluff..... said there is no menu.. they can call them as they want to in what order they want to. The dt is very unprepared.

hope that helps

Has anyone posted an updated jury list in order of their appearance??? I would so appreciate seeing it...TY

How many more to go through tomorrow? Just trying to figure out how many alternates, at best, we can maybe get. Did JP announce how many he was going to seek?

Naaaa! It's JB's paralegal, his secretary, Ann Finnell, the one with the frizzy hair, the one married to the serial rapist/murderer, and JB disguising his voice.

He was out yesterday because his voice changer thingy came in and it had postage due.

I mean trial is getting near and they obviously are so NOT prepared, so they figure let's play taint the jury because they figure anyone who said they were not watching any news reports, etc are really lying.

IMO and no....I don't know any of the above as fact.

How many more to go through tomorrow? Just trying to figure out how many alternates, at best, we can maybe get. Did JP announce how many he was going to seek?

I think there are only about 7 and possibly 6 viable ones tomorrow...LDB said one of those brought in today had some kind of judgment or case against them.

I am trying to figure out who will strike who and in the states case, how many. I would think the State would love to have the last juror approved on the jury and not an alternate...therefore they would have to use all three of their strikes plus the one from the DT....I don't know if they will do that, because then that will mean no alternates and I think there is only about 6-7 viable ones tomorrow.

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game
3015: kidney transplant lady who works for verizon
3185: "favorite uncle" semi retired guy never married no kids
3310: older single verizon guy
3281: info systems granny with yorkie (foreman material)

I should add unless the defense strikes 3281 first, then it's a mute point. I don't know who gets to go first.

Oh boy! Do strange things happen..or is it a sign?

A repairman came to fix my freezer today. I opened the front door and almost fainted!

Spitting image of HHJP!!! I think it was a sign of good luck for Caylee!

I pray for Caylee every night before I fall asleep. I also pray for HHJP to be strong for justice for this little angel.

Oh, and by the way, this man was so nice. I couldn't take the smile off my face, he was patient and friendly just like our Judge!

Having watched the defense very carefully and thinking by their questions I suspect they are going to use a "sybil" defense, multiple personalities caused by alleged sexual abuse by GA or LA. I bet they say the "nanny" was one of her alters. JMHO

Having watched the defense very carefully and thinking by their questions I suspect they are going to use a "sybil" defense, multiple personalities caused by alleged sexual abuse by GA or LA. I bet they say the "nanny" was one of her alters. JMHO

They can't do that during the criminal trial because the defense refused to allow Casey to be evaluated by the State. They can only call that into question for the penalty phase. She would already be convicted by then.

And if it were an accident, made to look like a crime, there is no way to explain the THREE pieces of duct tape on a babies mouth. One would have been enough! Also, I do not think that Casey, if this was an accident, would have placed Caylee in GARBAGE bags and Caylee would not have been wearing the shirt that says "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages."

per Baez and Mason's request..."alleged victim":banghead:

I have to say this is worse than any chess game I've ever played...think I'll have to go "Searching for Bobbie Fischer".

Does anyone know if there was a follow up with what happened to #4083? The PJ that went awol after lunch today. Are they bringing him back tomorrow, or should I say, hauling him back in tomorrow?, lol.

Does anyone know if there was a follow up with what happened to #4083? The PJ that went awol after lunch today. Are they bringing him back tomorrow, or should I say, hauling him back in tomorrow?, lol.

No, he came back and said he thought he was excused for the day. HHJB told him that he was now officially excused.

And the DT will have an expert with this diagnosis.....but the State will have their own expert to counteract the DT's. Plus it is the 31 days, the lies, the stealing and how Caylee was found the will convict ICA.

Thanks Rapunzel! I had to run out and missed that. He was an attorney? lol

If you're speaking of the juror who is an attorney, he said he was under the impression he was excused, sent home. Judge accepted his excuse.

Mind you, this was an ATTORNEY.

:tyou: everyone. I feel this process might finally be coming to an end. Are there any more questions for these jurors? TIA. I type it but I don't always remember it!

I know we are back at 8:30 tomorrow.

I already ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. All that talk made me want one. :innocent:

(And I had a big glass of :cow: too! )

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you for all the amazing recaps you do in the jury selection thread!!
Amen! If anyone who has missed or needs a good recap (stripped of extraneous comments) of what happens in court for the day ~ all they would have to do is search your dedicated posts in that day's thread. You can't get enough thanks for all the effort (and talent) that this takes!!! :tyou:

Ugh. I'm watching the WFTV video and I have HLN on and muted and there's KLB on JVM! Glad I have it on mute!

This MIA PJ is a lawyer and when HH had someone run him down this attorney(cough) told JP that he thought HH had excused him and was released to go home...:waitasec:

Need an attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member