2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the late eighties, I had the privilege to write and work on a work program for disadvantaged women in our "downtown eastside" for two years. These were all women who had dependancy issues. I loved them all and one thing the ladies taught me as a way of saying "thank you" was how to recognize "the violins".

This woman obviously has mental issues. Add to that an abusive fiancee. .

Respectfully snipped so I could respond.

Mental issues, IMO, are not an excuse to behave in any manner a person feels like behaving in and having no consequences. IMO, the judge has already been very lenient with this woman. If this woman has such bad mental problems she has absolutely no self-control, IMO, she should not be out running loose infringing on the rights of the rest of society.

Methadone, and please correct me if I am wrong, is medication taken instead of major illegal drugs, it is not some kind of anti-depressant.

My heart is breaking for this woman. It is just breaking. Her fiance was just sentenced to jail for abuse.

OMG.....I am in tears.

Her emotions got the best of her.

I am in tears.
Heck if we haven't thought it...just not aloud in a court of law.

Good afternoon/evening everyone. Been an unfortunately busy week at work and haven't been able to talk much but have been following with your help all the way.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....

SIde note....although my heart goes out to this woman in that she obviously needs help...I don't know if I feel comfortable with her going home to a small child. By her own admission she's been in an abusive relationship for two years, came to court to try and save this abusive relationship and in doing so forgot to take her bi-polar medication. Sorry but this is a point when someone needs to step in and check her parenting abilities. Coming to support an abusive boyfriend is not a good sign.

Not that the example HHJP just set is bad, I'm just really confused as to why he'd recess from a DP case jury selection for this?????

I agree. I feel sorry for the woman vecause there is clearly something wrong with her but if JP lets her off, the GA/CA get a free pass when it comes to trial time.

That is exactly what I thought....This now should give those two pause to speaking up or yelling out.....something I was worried about causing a mistrial

I could use some too ... :)

Me too - but have a school concert to go to. Will try to talk DH into taking us out to dinner, cuz the rule is I don't cook on Friday's. Might even have a tall Long Island Ice Tea :)

I won't drive - promise!

Mel

I just heard the Judge tell me to go do my laundry or I'll get 179 days.

I feel like I am on Candid Camera and you guys are rolling the film......:gasp:

I think the toilet paper is the most bizarre thing I've heard today. Do they not have toilet paper in the Pinellas County jail?

Yes - it is bizarre - she needs the basic necessities - food, water, hygiene supplies, her meds. I hope she is given these things ASAP.

Seriously I have compassion for her but people - let her go?? No!

HHJP is pointing out the premeditation in what she did and I agree with him.

I agree, HHJP did the right thing. He has to get control of this situation before it gets out of hand. He has to let everyone know that he will not tolerate any outburst in his court because when the trial starts, it's going to get ugly. There will be outburst from CA/GA and others, this is fair warning for anyone thinking about disrupting the proceeding.

He has to throw the book at her, he should have given her a week. This will not be the last time someone decides to try to get famous this way.
I don't believe this woman was trying to be famous, but rather a poor sole who lacks the ability to control some impulse behavior. Not that someone might not try it and would think twice now, but I don't think that is the case here... Just my opinion.

I'm glad ICA is watching this. She needs to see that HHJP means business. And she will be sentenced by him.

And I hope CA and GA and LA are watching as well ...

:waitasec: Maybe they won't show up for trial after all of this ...

Me too - but have a school concert to go to. Will try to talk DH into taking us out to dinner, cuz the rule is I don't cook on Friday's. Might even have a tall Long Island Ice Tea :)

I won't drive - promise!

Mel

I have that same rule!!! TGIF!!!:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics