2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is jail going to do for this young lady?! I just think some of you are being rude and insensitive. Thats all I was saying. She needs mental help or something of the like. Not jail.

I have asperger syndrome and ADHD, and I don't feel one should use your disorder as a crutch either.
I feel bad for her, but she knew she was in the wrong.

they are preparing for the big show (jury swearing)

moo

((they of course would need lots of sidebars and breaktime before THIS happens.. most likely lots of strategizing going on right now))

My guess is that they don't allow toilet paper on intake to check for contraband. Just a guess.

I think the toilet paper comment was supposed to be a polite way of saying she had not had a chance to use the restroom. Because having a full bladder is a mitigating circumstance.

Sorry but if I popped off every time I had to wee I'd never settle down!

Wth is that on your cats head ?

LOL, it's not my cat, it's a funny picture I found at lolcatz. It looks like some kind of kids tranformer toy, doesn't it? It cracks me up every time I look at it!

It's another world behind bars.......something ICA will get to know very well soon enough

tis true, a whole nother world behind bars..

also, there is a huge difference between county jail and prison, night and day...

I know this....trust me...i know this

Forget the horse and the cart, I want the Budweiser Clydesdales bringing me a couple of wagon loads of beer.

HHJP could be swearing them in now? Or do we have to do the rest of the strikes, then swear in?

Respectfully snipped so I could respond.

Mental issues, IMO, are not an excuse to behave in any manner a person feels like behaving in and having no consequences. IMO, the judge has already been very lenient with this woman. If this woman has such bad mental problems she has absolutely no self-control, IMO, she should not be out running loose infringing on the rights of the rest of society.

Methadone, and please correct me if I am wrong, is medication taken instead of major illegal drugs, it is not some kind of anti-depressant.

So anyone with mental issues should not be running loose in society??? There are many degrees of mental issues, where is the cut off? I just think alot of people were being very harsh and cruel with their comments, I am not saying she should be given a free pass by all means.

Add me to the list of fellow winos. I will need a hurricane glass like the one Courteney Cox drinks out of on Cougar Town for this circus.

For our wine drinkers...I'd say "let's all meet at Fusion...but it's not there any more." :floorlaugh:
wine-bottles.jpg

Bumping. I just caught up with this post and then there were a couple more posts on that topic after it. Thank you so much for heeding the warning, and if you missed it, here it is again.

I am gaining ground on y'all. Coming up fast in the inside lane. Check your rearviews. At this rate I will be back in the present moment sometime next week.

:floorlaugh:

:laugh:

court room is PACKED!

So are we!!
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 747 (474 members and 273 guests)
essies, 21merc7, 285diane, 2goldfish, 3daughters, 3doglady, 4realtho, 8paws, Achristmas1J, adb263, Adrienne37, Aedrys, aeli2468, Aking, Alcina, AliGirl, AliVada, AlwaysShocked, amandab, Amil, AMMich, Amster, amydlite, Anais, angeldust, angelmom, archenemy toenail, Atlanta PI, atthelake, awgoblin, Azcrabcakes, A_News_Junkie, Babe Vigoda, babiesstolemydingo, BadRx, Baily, Baxter, BD1, BeanE, BellaBlue, belladonna, belle3, bernice2, BetteDavisEyes, Beyond Belief, BigFatMommyDog, Blaise, Blue Jackets fan, bnan, bobloblaw, Bobsyouruncle, bocephus, bogeygal, Bon, bonjoviblonde, BonKai, boomster, Boots-OK, BostonSu, boysrus, Brattigirle, brite_eyes1123, brow9575, Bttrcookie3, buddylove, Bullwinkle, Bunkie78, C-Squared, CA Mom, CalifMomOf2, camcneishg, carole, Carrington, Cat Lady, Cavalier Attitude, cbanning, cecybeans, Cher352, Cherry Baby, chicoliving, Chiquita71, cjhesq, clannad, Clearly Confused, cleo612, cloud9, cluciano63, cmsg2002, coco puff, Cookie278, Coolmomof4, countzero, Curious Me, CuriousDi, CuriousG, Dafne, DaisyMay77, dallasnc, Dave AHFB, debloree, Decatur Doll, Della, Desdemona, DianaLL, Disguiseduser0308, distracted 1976, dixierebel, dog.gone.cute, domini201, donada, Dr.Fessel, Drama Queen, drip~drop, DrPepper, eaglemom, ebedeeb, eelie, EGirl, Elphaba, erma285, ExpectingUnicorns, Eye Wonder, fla*mom, flgrandma, flipflop53, For The Kids, frrlk, galerie, galvino, Gardenquilt, gelfie68, Gem2626, GennyMac, GetSmart, GiantPickle, gibby207, GingBreade, gitana1, glewis, gngr~snap, gogrannypop, goldie finch, GourmetSoy, GracieLu, grammieto5, GrammyStarfish, GSD4ME, hand, harleysnana, Harmony2, heartfortruth, helenann2k, Hez, HOOKEDNAN, housemouse, Hunnie, I Din Doot, i.b.nora, ijam, Ilenser, Illinois2, imawitch, In da Middle, Inchworm, Insomnia Momma, Intermezzo, Irish_Eyes, itsjustme22, IvyM, Jackson44, jamesdoe, jamiect, Jamiejy, JanPat, Jasmom, jen&jonhart, Jen38, Jenny60123, JenRen, Jess1985, Jetaime, Jmac, Joan (Canada), jon_burrows, joypath, JSR, JSV, JWG, kathiev, KathrynL, kathyn2, KDB, keikah32, kelly3521, KimK, kinsey milhoune, kjpaw, knt, Koozit, kushka, kwatmac, kwmred, LaLaw2000, LambChop, Lanie, Lato, la_cavalière, LC446, LEFT-COASTER, Leila, Lera213, lib's mom, LightShineOn, liltexans, Linda7NJ, lishac23, littebudot, Liz, ljs713, LMax, lmmay, logicalgirl, LolaMoon08, lonetraveler, looking4clues, lorann, lorita jones, lowens1975, LucyLu, Lucylu7, LunaticFringe, luv, luvmy4brats, luvmygarden, LuvMyLab, LyndyLoo, lynmass, lyrasong, Mackenzie, maggiemae, Malini2001, MAMABEAR, manatee, mankato64, Marple, Marshmallow, MaryAnn, maryland, mash7456, mck16, MD MOMMY, Melanie, MelissaLee, Mendara, mfcmom, Michaellan, miimaa, mikeysmommom, milliac, mimi56, Miss Anarchy, missadrienne, MissouriMom, Missy70Texas, Misty_Pie, mitzi, Miziree, mmoon, mobius99, Moe, Moggie, Mohabi, mollymil23, MommyInHighHeels, momshrink, momtective, momto2girls&2boys, momtocjnalexis, Mosby, mrdbcooper, MrW, MsBashterd, mscj, MsFacetious, msinformed, Murdock, Mustang Sally, my2sense, mydailyopinions, MysteryAddict, Mystic, MyTinkieGirl, nachomama, NavySubMom, Neptunian, Nette, newsjunkie, Nikki_UK, Niner, nitasch, NocturnalLady, Noddy, nomoresorrow, NORCALGRL, norcat, Nore, nosytrish, NSS, nssherlock, nunya, nursebeeme, octobermoon, Omachka, OneLostGrl, onewick, Openmyeyes, outlandishone, Paintr, pamelahl1, PassTheMotrin, Patty G, PaulaF513, pcap, Peepers McPeep, Peliman, petchie, pieceomyheart, pixiemg1, pjmale, PMLsmom, Pookie Dust, PrintGal, Purple Iris, Queenofwands, Quiche, rachelle, racingwild, RammerJammer, Rapunzel, realcurious, reasonable, regnissik, repairmom, rice09, Rileyanne, Robyn623, rosa81, RR0004, RubyB, Ryansgrama, sailor, Sailor Bug, SailorMoon, SallyLu, salvarenga, Samm1991, sandcastles4me, sarah1215, sassy_texasbelle2, savannahanna, SCAngel, Schmerty_Jones, scout35, ScubaTwinn, Sea Glass, SeaNymph, Searchfortruth, Shadow5618, ShadowGal, shana, SharonBear4, shelbar53, Shezzy, shivs, SillyJilly, Simonduo, SindyBill, sissyjane, sjs323, Sleuths4Me, slug, smart blonde, smeck, smolea, Snaz, Snowball58, snowdaze, snupy, Softail, SommerSunshine, SondraK, sophie01, spcagrl, squiggy241, starry eyes, steadychick, steelergirl, Stella5, Steph3086, stillta, strach304, strawberry, suekensr, suepitzl, SugarQueen, sumbunny, summerthyme, SunStar, SurfieTX, SusieMom, suz1729, suzihawk, SuziQ, Taibah, TakeNote, TakingALook, tango123, technicalconfusion, tehcloser, tfrohning, thefrostingflake, ThinkTank, Thrs0806, thumbtack, Thundar, TiaM, TigerBalm, Tiki, tiki21, TinTX, Tipstaff, TobyWong*, TortillaChip, tragco, Trapshooter, TravelingBug, trigger, Trinasmom, truckengirl, trudeau, Truth Prevails, trying to make sense, tsfkms, tsitra01, Tulessa, Turtles, TUSK, tut med, txcoast, USARDOG, Wagara, watergirl, wenwe4, Wescott, westsidefox64, What'sThatClue, whiteangora, Wholehearted, Whome?, WillenFan21, wolf mom, wrinklepup, wvjules, yeknomaras, YellowSubmarine, yllek, ynotdivein, ziggy, zoey, ~Lisa~

I agree, HHJP did the right thing. He has to get control of this situation before it gets out of hand. He has to let everyone know that he will not tolerate any outburst in his court because when the trial starts, it's going to get ugly. There will be outburst from CA/GA and others, this is fair warning for anyone thinking about disrupting the proceeding.

I do wonder had it not been this trial and had not been televised if HHJP wouldn't have let her off for time served.....got a feeling he would have.

I'm glad he stood his ground. I have sympathy for this lady, but she did what she did and should be held in contempt. She can't just be let off the hook because of mental problems. She has to think about her kid before herself, and she obviously didn't do that today. And apparently she was competent enough to get public defender pretty darn fast. I do hope the A's watched because I can see them trying to pull the grieving grandparents stunt to try and stay in court after an outburst - not gonna happen!

Do you think they may have stayed away during the selection process so they would not get thrown in jail on contempt and thus be unavailable to cause a mistrial?? Just a thought.

all these carts before the horse.. and just now i see ICA's pony tail ...

great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members