2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HHJP: let the record reflect the defendant is present. We have no more to question. Any back stikes before the jury is sworn.

LDB: 3308

HHJP: miss 3308?

LDB: is not near mic

HHJP: does the defense care to backstike

JB: not near mic

JB: motion asking this court for additional ? we were denied cause jurors on 1011 3119 we were forced to exercise our challenges. 1129 1011 3119

HHJP: just a second

sitting at a traffic light. did they bring that poor woman back in??

Oh not 1340! He was our 4 hour juror on the first day. They can't take him from us! We've formed a bond, lol!

DT wants additional preremptory challenges. #1129, #1011, #3119 - they were forced to use their challenges instead of being allowed to question. Is that correct as to his reason? TIA

3308 placed at the end of the jury pool

1340 struck by defense

baez asking for more PEC's

Baez asking for additional strikes to strike enough jurors to force us back to square one - surprise surprise.

STATE one strike - defense moves to strike 3 or 4

I'm really struggling with this. I'm an avid supporter of rights for the mentally ill. This has left a bad taste in my mouth. Very bad. FWIW, it's just an opinion and my own feelings. I'm not saying anyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong. I'm just a softie when it comes to mental illness.

I am too ... to the extent that I made my husband ( a cop) jump up and down until we got a CIT ... didn't take much coaxing, he is sick of having to treat mentally ill patients the same as he would a real criminal. I guess I jumped on the bandwagon too :)

Respectfully snipped so I could respond.

Mental issues, IMO, are not an excuse to behave in any manner a person feels like behaving in and having no consequences. IMO, the judge has already been very lenient with this woman. If this woman has such bad mental problems she has absolutely no self-control, IMO, she should not be out running loose infringing on the rights of the rest of society.

Methadone, and please correct me if I am wrong, is medication taken instead of major illegal drugs, it is not some kind of anti-depressant.

Well G0d forbid she's trying to stay clean.. what's wrong with that?I say good for her! Methadone is also given for pain and if stopped cold turkey causes a horrible withdrawal. I won't even get into the "she shouldn't be out running loose infringing on the rights of the rest of society." comment.

Defense is asking for extra prempts because they were denied cause removal on 3 jurors.

This is what I referred to yesterday.

HHJP: let the record reflect the defendant is present. We have no more to question. Any back stikes before the jury is sworn.

LDB: 3308

HHJP: miss 3308?

LDB: is not near mic

HHJP: does the defense care to backstike

JB: not near mic

JB: motion asking this court for additional ? we were denied cause jurors on 1011 3119 we were forced to exercise our challenges. 1129 1011 3119

HHJP: just a second

bbm - THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members