2011.05.20 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eleven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here ya go..around 8:30 mark..just watched it again & when Mason asks the judge JA shakes his head NO! & Mr.George starts to LAUGH. :great:

http://www.wftv.com/video/27957634/index.html

Wait! I just watched more of this. Thank goodness you posted it! Did you see when they were talking about what evidence can/will be shown? JP said if they can't agree, the defense and the prosecution will have to catch up with him in Courtroom 23 tomorrow or Monday.
:gasp:

Love this video. The guy has a bunch of good ones.

Linda Drane Burdick - I Am Woman

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJHSBAoBAA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

I saw that too. I call those his neck side jerks and they seemed to be picking up in frequency Friday didn't they? I thought he looked scared during swearing in of the jury. When he's scared he looks like he's trying to pass gas without anyone hearing (IMO).

I'm sure he'll be back in fine form Tuesday AM with that smug/oh-so-serious lawyer look on his face we've all come to know and loathe. I feel certain he'll spend a large part of this weekend trying on his suits, ties and pocket squares and posing in front of his mirror to prepare for Tuesday.

I highly doubt that he would be doing anything else, you know, like WORKING??? Maybe preparing his opening statement, things like that??

Excellent link and photos! Thank you!!! :)

It looks like the defense has opted for the table along the wall as the judge suggested if they're so concerned that the media might see their computer screens.

Wait! I just watched more of this. Thank goodness you posted it! Did you see when they were talking about what evidence can/will be shown? JP said if they can't agree, the defense and the prosecution will have to catch up with him in Courtroom 23 tomorrow or Monday.
:gasp:

I didn't go any further then the part the poster wanted but from what I recall I thought he said he'd be free to go over anything imp on Monday "afternoon"..I didn't catch anything about Sunday! Hmmmm!

I didn't go any further then the part the poster wanted but from what I recall I thought he said he'd be free to go over anything imp on Monday "afternoon"..I didn't catch anything about Sunday! Hmmmm!

Thanks! :)
I'm just in a panic. Thinking the defense will try and keep evidence out, but they can't. So I better get a grip!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm bummed that it'll be easy for ICA to avoid eye contact with the witnesses. I wanted her to be front and center facing each witness as she listened to all of those who will be testifying against her, most especially TonE! She can avoid it altogether by playing paralegal and it lets her weasel out of facing up to what is said about her.

I don't believe I've ever seen the defendant NOT face the witness before..Has anyone else?

I wonder if GA and CA will even show now. It's almost more like they wanted to push the issue to be allowed in just to win the fight. NOT that thhey really intended to show, but NO ONE was gonna tell an ANTHONY no...
I say this because they didn't bother to go to Pinnelas.
Not saying I blame them...
BUT I do think it's still a game to them
MOO

I wonder if GA and CA will even show now. It's almost more like they wanted to push the issue to be allowed in just to win the fight. NOT that thhey really intended to show, but NO ONE was gonna tell an ANTHONY no...
I say this because they didn't bother to go to Pinnelas.
Not saying I blame them...
BUT I do think it's still a game to them
MOO

I thought possibly they wanted an 'excuse' to get out of being there (since they found out about their dd's PLAN to take them down) & thought JP would rule against them..I know that's the opposite of what went done during all the pre-trial hearings but that was before all this BS! To tie into this possibility is the fact that GA had been MIA for how many weeks? It could be he finally got a job but even that would most likely be so he'd have an 'excuse' not to show up.

well... it's supposed to happen at "supper time" - don't know if that is Eastern or Pacific time.... :innocent:

Well I didn't see the Rapture and I didn't ascend either so I watched a Lady Gaga special instead...:innocent:

I'm bummed that it'll be easy for ICA to avoid eye contact with the witnesses. I wanted her to be front and center facing each witness as she listened to all of those who will be testifying against her, most especially TonE! She can avoid it altogether by playing paralegal and it lets her weasel out of facing up to what is said about her.

Loved the slide show. I agree that the defense table is a little too isolated from the witnesses. I'd like Casey to have a great view of everyone who testifies. I'd like her to have to face what she has done - so to speak. However, maybe the upside is that the witnesses will feel less intimidated by the evil death stare Casey likes to give to those on the witness stand. I can easily see that causing some of her friends to feel rattled.

I also like that CA & GA (if they sit in the gallery) will be able to finally see Casey's face while all the evidence against her is laid out one by one. Knowing her as well as they do I don't think they will have a hard time seeing that her reaction screams guilt - whether they want to admit it or not. In a way it will be a time for the A's to face reality as well.

Also I do like that she has to face the jury, head on the whole time. I think that will be daunting and nerve wracking - at least at first. Once she gets herself together she will put on her "not a care in the world" act and the jury will have a perfect view.

Question - so will we be able to see the gallery? Or will the cameras only point at the DT, SA and the judge? I'd LOVE to see the A's come crashing up against reality.

That's what I THINK I heard..It is a "balcony" so why did I call it the "upper deck"? It's not a stadium! lol

If they actually go thru with throwing Lee & George under the bus with the "sex abuse" they should be glad to be way UP there..If I were them I'd want to be in the very back row..Hiding!

I think the issue was that they will not be given "reserved seats" or weren't when they were granted the release from sequestration. At that time, the SA told Mr. Lippman that they (the SA) have six reserved seats and the Anthony's were welcome to use two of them, if they had to just cue up like ordinary peeps. We do not know if the Anthony's accepted that offer or not.

I think the balcony idea was so that if they had any reactions or made any gestures, it wouldn't be as noticeable as it was if they were on the floor. But I have heard no definite arrangements that the balcony is where they will sit.

Thanks! :)
I'm just in a panic. Thinking the defense will try and keep evidence out, but they can't. So I better get a grip!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

No no - this is about settling the issue of JB and Mason asking the Judge to order the SA to give the DT an advance list of which witnesses they will be presenting each day. Because as Baez said - otherwise they would have no idea what was ahead.

HHJP said no, he did not have the authority to do that, that would have to come from a "higher power" and by that I got the indication he didn't mean the Supreme Court, I think he was talking about "God". Baez continued to whine and HHJP asked him to try to work something out with the SA. If not he was available to hear any last minute motions on Monday, but he warned the DT it was unlikely they would be successful, and the court Would start at nine am sharp on Tuesday.

Re the Sunday posters were commenting on, HHJP originally said Sunday to have any discussions with him, in the afternoon that day. But when he delayed the trial start day for one day for the new jurors, that freed up HHJP to hear anything from the DT.

I marked The time on clip when HHJP was saying Mon he would have time to speak with Teams about some matter..(issues) they had talked about .. absence a stipulation they would do it the "old fashion way"

What do you think that is ... I am thinking The DT wants that Witness list and in the order they are calling them ..in other words he wants to be privy to the game plan .. ... wants exception cause his girl is so so special .....
Attached Thumbnails AT THE 12:50 MARK

Loved the slide show. I agree that the defense table is a little too isolated from the witnesses. I'd like Casey to have a great view of everyone who testifies. I'd like her to have to face what she has done - so to speak. However, maybe the upside is that the witnesses will feel less intimidated by the evil death stare Casey likes to give to those on the witness stand. I can easily see that causing some of her friends to feel rattled.

I also like that CA & GA (if they sit in the gallery) will be able to finally see Casey's face while all the evidence against her is laid out one by one. Knowing her as well as they do I don't think they will have a hard time seeing that her reaction screams guilt - whether they want to admit it or not. In a way it will be a time for the A's to face reality as well.

Also I do like that she has to face the jury, head on the whole time. I think that will be daunting and nerve wracking - at least at first. Once she gets herself together she will put on her "not a care in the world" act and the jury will have a perfect view.

Question - so will we be able to see the gallery? Or will the cameras only point at the DT, SA and the judge? I'd LOVE to see the A's come crashing up against reality.

The way that courtroom is set up you can see that the normal place for the defense table is on the left-hand side of the courtroom. But earlier this year the defense got upset saying that someone in the media zoomed in on their computer screen. At that time, the judge suggested that they take the table backing up against the wall if they're concerned about media looking over their shoulder. With the media in the first row behind the table I think is the usual defense table, I think the DT decided to move to table against the wall.

Defensetable.jpg

Thankx for this Leila!!! If you zoom ni you can see each media outlet. They are ALL going to be there and then some. The Associated Press is in seat #2 behind the red defense table.

I want to see pictures of the outside. It has to be sheer madness now. I just can't imagine. At least the local businesses are flourishing with all the influx of media.

I live in PA. Have any of you seen Courtroom 23??? WOW! Extremely high tech!

ETA~ I put the link in today's news thread.

How many think that JB and especially CM will have a real problem with high tech stuff? I know I do, and I also think that LDB will be on top of it all! :great:

I think the issue was that they will not be given "reserved seats" or weren't when they were granted the release from sequestration. At that time, the SA told Mr. Lippman that they (the SA) have six reserved seats and the Anthony's were welcome to use two of them, if they had to just cue up like ordinary peeps. We do not know if the Anthony's accepted that offer or not.

I think the balcony idea was so that if they had any reactions or made any gestures, it wouldn't be as noticeable as it was if they were on the floor. But I have heard no definite arrangements that the balcony is where they will sit.

I remember that JA made the suggestion that the Anthonys sit in the balcony section, but I don't think there was any final answer on that. I think the balcony would be the better place for GA and CA only because the jury won't likely look in that direction often, as their attention will be on the attorneys, the defendant, and witness stand.

HLN did a special about it the other day. Absolutely amazing!!! Did you also know that HHJP oversaw not only the building of that courthouse but took particular interest in THAT courtroom. That is his domain - and rightfully so. I think ICA will be quite intimidated when she walks in there next Tuesday!!!

Forgetting about the high tech parts...just the tables for defense and prosecution are gorgeous!

Can you just imagine .. More than 500 people have applied for media credentials in what undoubtedly will be a circus that could extend far beyond the media…

one of the many quotes about the circus LOL

Plus all the Casey items ect (
Family is trademarking 'Justice for Caylee'
"We're sending out the letters and we're shutting everyone down," Lippman said
Lippman said he plans to take the same measures if street vendors try to sell Caylee merchandise outside the Orange County Courthouse when Casey Anthony's trial unfolds in Orlando.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...mily-is-trademarking-justice-for-1480755.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back