2011.05.24 - What was the biggest shock on the first day of the trial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What was the biggest shock of the first day of trial?

• That LDB gave the States opening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest shock for me is that the DT's statement may actually work. They left enough room to fix any element as the trial goes. They can hope that the jurors may forget whatever they may or may not bring up again later. Just one juror may buy some of that b.s.

BTW: Curse words, and body part words are to be expected in the Courtroom. Please don't freak out when you hear them. Curse words would be direct quotes from the people involved, body parts are scientific terms that leave no confusion about what is being explained. :)
I agree...but I think Casey will have to take the stand for those allegations to have any hope of being accepted right? I mean, Baez did not see George molest Casey, right? So somebody that has direct knowledge is going to have to testify or it is completely meaningless right? And the whole pool thing too. She will HAVE to testify if any of that is to hold water, right?:waitasec:

The past six months I thought a bus was heading straight for George, I never saw the freight train! Listening to JB today was like hearing a twisted fairy tail. He put the blame on too many people, was ICA directing this scene? Blaming sooo many people only created more doubt in their theory...each time he pointed the finger at another person I thought I could see a smirk on JA face which only reinforced how ridiculous this fable is!

Biggest shock of the day ... that she actually tried to hold her father and the water meter guy responsible for the death of her child. So she was molested ... and then?

?

What?

Her daughter was murdered and she decided to dance?

The biggest shock today was how many Websleuth's theories Baez listed in his opening. I thought I was reading a "greatest hits" thread while he talked. The second biggest shock was how much of a slam dunk this case will be for the prosecution.

bold red by me

where is the happy clappy icon? you deserve 50 of them. I have been saying that ever since JB opened his mouth yesterday, only not as wittily and succintly as you.

JB opening statements = WS GREATEST HITS.

I wonder ICA thinks she's still dating Tony...

LOL Horace Finklestein - sure she is - he may even be on the stand today! :great:

His testimony will be something to behold - to the music of ICA really sobbing...Cause LDB is sure to ask him about his current girlfriend. Oh I find pleasure in some of the smallest details.....

The biggest shock for me is that the DT's statement may actually work. They left enough room to fix any element as the trial goes. They can hope that the jurors may forget whatever they may or may not bring up again later. Just one juror may buy some of that b.s.

BTW: Curse words, and body part words are to be expected in the Courtroom. Please don't freak out when you hear them. Curse words would be direct quotes from the people involved, body parts are scientific terms that leave no confusion about what is being explained. :)

An interesting thing for me was listening to Bill S.'s summary of Day One. He said Baez left too many holes and a jury is not like a game, where if the score is down you can get it back up. He said once you have lost the jury, you will never win them back - that lack of confidence will always be there. And LDB took copious notes as Baez was speaking.

But the best think LDB said yesterday except for her "Where is Caylee" mantra, was to say when ICA lies and is faced with that lie, instead of admitting guilt, she comes up with a newer, bigger and better lie instead.

I think we will hear that phrase over and over again by the SA throughout the trial. (sorry, those weren't the exact words LDB used. The head this morning has not quite cleared on only half a cup of java...)

I'm now convinced they are all in cahoots. GA, CA, ICA and DT. All of them. This was all set up by JB to create reasonable doubt and GA and CA are going along with it.

Something seemed really funky with GA's testimony and JB's questioning
of GA and I'vw now decided they are all in on it together.

MOO IMO

Yesterday, I thought,"Nah, Ga is not part of the defense ruse". Today, I'm not so sure.

I was watching Joy Behar last night and she seems to be buying the DT's theory. She was very hostile about GA and accused him of throwing his daughter under the bus. Behar said she would lie, do anything to save her daughter.Lisa Bloomberg asked her is she would do that even if her daughter had killed her grandaughter. She said YES. What's scary is Behar seems to actually be buying the sexual abuse. I usually like Behar, but after last night, I don't know.

The biggest shock for me was when Baez said that Lee was following in his father's footsteps, but it didn't go as far, then turned right around in the same breath and said that it got so bad that the FBI did a DNA test on him. UH? If it didn't go as far, then why would the FBI do a DNA test? Too, when was he confronted by the FBI about the possibility that give Lee the opportunity not to answer about it?

Same for me, I even had to rewind the dvr to hear it again, thought I missed something, but no. Jose's story had yet another HUGE gaping hole in the incongruant & disconnected jumping around fairytale.

I voted for the explict sexual abuse claims.

Yesterday was a very emotional day for all of us. We've waited so long for this day and even though a lot of us probably expected to hear the sexual claims, I personally had a hard time listening to Jose say all of those terrible things about George and everyone else he threw under the bus.

I am even more appalled at KC and I didn't think that was possible.

The biggest shock for me was that their weren't audible snickers, groans of disbelief, or mocking laughter in the courtroom during Baez's opening statement. He sounded like he was making half of it up on the spot.

Baez - "it was an accident, Caylee drowned"
Me - "And ICA sat in jail with no attention? No."
Baez - "GA found the body"
Me - "No."
Baez - "Penis in mouth"
Me - "....."
Baez - "ICA pretended nothing was wrong"
Me - "No. ICA celebrated for 30 days"
Baez - "Roy Kronk had body..."
Me - "Are you going to mention how that happened exactly"
Baez - "... and hid it until he needed some car repairs."
Me - "HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Baez - "Law enforcement bla bla bla."
Me - "Yawn."
Baez - "This is not a murder trial"
Me - "You are not a lawyer."

Nothing shocked me! I had a feeling they were going to blame poor George!

That JB's head didn't explode after the hundreth "Sustained" by the judge. I was waiting for it to happen.
I think that the level that Baez sunk to in his statement. HE got one thing VERY wrong - Baez is the most morally corrupt man in the world. HE's developed the KC syndrome. He can't tell the truth!

The biggest shock for me was that their weren't audible snickers, groans of disbelief, or mocking laughter in the courtroom during Baez's opening statement. He sounded like he was making half of it up on the spot.

Me - "No."
Baez - "Penis in mouth"
Me - "....."
Me - "HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Me - "Yawn."
Amen to that.

The most shocking thing for me was hearing the opening statement and trying to figure out how GA "handed off" Caylees body to RK? I must have missed how he "found Caylee" and then gave her to Casey to dispose of, but somehow RK ended up with her and "moved her around" until he could finally "discover" her.

Wait a minute...even THAT didn't surprise me. As sad as this whole thing is...it really was so comical that I could barely believe it.

Me - "No."
Baez - "Penis in mouth"
Me - "....."
Me - "HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Me - "Yawn."

:floorlaugh: just had to say brilliant x

I think it's safe to say that today was emotionally exhausting, no?

What was the biggest shock of todays first day of trial?

I think I was most shocked at how crass and lowdown Baez can go. He was vulgar. Just when I thought he couldn't get any lower, he scraped the bottom of the barrel when he dragged innocent people into Casey's crime (alleged - cough, cough). Baez has no scruples. Attorneys everywhere should be outraged.

I didn't vote in the poll because three choices were appropriate for me, although expected, it was worse than I thought:

The explicit sexual abuse claims Casey leveled at her father
That the defense is going with the accident theory
That George told the truth

While I was hoping George would tell the truth, I was honestly surprised and grateful he did.

I wasn't so much shocked the DT went wild with the drowning accident theory, I was horrified at the extent they went.

Perry Mason, Esquire, would be sick, as would Erle Stanley Gardner.

I think that the level that Baez sunk to in his statement. HE got one thing VERY wrong - Baez is the most morally corrupt man in the world. HE's developed the KC syndrome. He can't tell the truth!

Indeed. His actions proved how morally corrupt, sleazy, and desperate he has become, assuming he wasn't this bad before we "met" him. His corrupt actions were apparent during all the pre-trial hearings when he demanded to have free access to the media but blamed LE and SA for hogging their non-existent spotlight and tainted the possible jury pool. Sleazy is too kind.

Me - "No."
Baez - "Penis in mouth"
Me - "....."

Me - "HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Me - "Yawn."

RBBM :floorlaugh: It sounds so funny, but that's really the defense being serious. Roy's car repairs and Dr. Vass wanting to promote his invention are all part of the world being against ICA.

I'll go first. For me - it was JB saying those horrible, heinous, dispicable words about GA and ICA. When he said that I literally shut down. I listened to the rest of it - but my brain just could not wrap around what he saying.

I, too, was in shock and shut down. I'm a survivor of child sexual abuse, had those things happen to me, and when those words came out I literally gasped out loud and could not speak. I knew that those accusations were coming, I just never dreamed it would be like that, never dreamed it would trigger all those emotions. I wonder if that was part of his goal?

See, I think the molestation claim is just a distraction--what JB really meant by his promised "ah-ha" moment was not that, IMO. It was the admission that on June 16, 2008, Caylee accidentally drowned in the pool. Sure the molestation thing helps explain Casey's lack of proper affect, but think about it. We've said it many times here: being molested does not excuse murder. But an ACCIDENT, well... THAT is the question mark that IMO is going to be dancing in the jurors' minds, that is the bell that can't be unrung.

Now, three layers of duct tape? That's going to be hard to reconcile with any kind of accident--especially since the DT seems to be following the line of "Casey was a good and loving mother"--and IMO this is where the molestation thing will come in. Remember the specific sex act that JB so shockingly alleged in his opening? I will not be surprised if we later see the DT attempt to draw some parallel between that and the placement of the tape on Caylee.

This is, of course, IF JB is foolish enough to put Casey on the stand to make these allegations first-hand. Until then, as we saw with TonE's testimony today, the molestation claims are hearsay. And GA at least has denied them under oath. they are scandalous and have certainly caught our attention, but IMO there's plenty under the surface and we haven't seen the biggest hills on this :rollercoaster: yet, not by a long shot.

(Have I said IMO enough for one post?)

(Moved 'cuz even mods go off-topic sometimes. ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez