2011.05.25 TRIAL Day Two- (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB asking for it to be admitted . . . not hearsay . . . an admission . . .
HHBP . . . it's also self-serving . . .sustained.

TL only spoke to LE, never spoke to media, didn't speak to DT, never sold photos or made money off of this. . . First time kc ran out of gas . . . she could have gotten the lock broken but she is a girl . . . JB says she weighs 105# wet . . . TL says give or take . . .got 2 gas cans drove to her car . . . she didn't say stay away from my car . . not blocking in anyway from getting near her trunk . . .she poured gas can into tank . . .TL standing next to kc . . . more than 2' . . .

crossexamination he is leading

TL said after 2nd gas can opening trunk . . . gas in car . . . she put them away in the trunk . . . didn't smell any stench in that car . . .before after or during, but I wasn't in the car. she had keys to her car . .. eventually drove it away . . . didn't put cans in backseat or front seat but the trunk of car.

JB fumbling for something . . .

This is bad. The state needs to ask him: "Did casey ever tell you her dad molested her?" If they don't, that's what the jury will think she said, and she didn't.

They might deal with it on redirect. Along with the nightmares. I hope the State does clear it up because she states it was Lee who molested her.

Sorry Amster. I know the seriousness, but JB is making such a mockery, the jury has just got to see through this. After yesterday and me crawling under the covers, this line of questioning was and is a lighthearted moment for me because it's so ridic. Otherwise I might just be sitting in the corner rocking back and forth.

Hugs,

Mel

Oh snap!! I didn't mean anyone here stop laughing!! I was talking about Jose!! Sorry....:blushing:

i'm not seeing any basis for pressing TL on the "stench" in the car or getting close to it. The jury must be very confused, since the prosecutor hasn't gotten to that issue yet. We all know about that, but the jury hasn't heard it yet, have they?

Love how Baez starts a statement, gets 5 words out, then completely changes direction. LOL. I feel like I can actually see him thinking. LOL.

What kind of abuse did ICA tell Tone about? Physical or sexual?

IIRC, she alluded to physical, or that he was a *advertiser censored* to her. She did not make a sexual abuse claim. I'm worried now that the jury will think it was and that's exactly why JB asked a question he knew might be objected to.

People bash JB for asking questions that are being objected to and sustained, as if he is being dumb, but he knows what he is doing. You have to understand that this is a technique lawyers use to plant info into the juror's heads.
\

Just glanced at our local paper The Chicago Tribune - this is on the front page (electronically) - although the Trib and the Sentinel are owned by the same co....

Hes just thinking about her in bed thats all> :floorlaugh:

Yep, your're right about that. Casey looks like she is going to jump out of her chair at any moment and jump his bones. :floorlaugh:

Actually he ruled that it came from the defendants mouth so it wouldn't be hearsay but it was self-serving.

My law clerk just explained that one to me....JB cannot ask about statements incriminating George A....it is self serving the defendant...hearsay. It would have to come from the Defendant herself through direct testimony.

Hardship for TL to come back
Baez wants to introduce a photo
FG asks for sidebar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads