2011.05.31 TRIAL Day Six (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what blunder did jb make that opened the door?

The thread is getting too fast for me, so this might have been explained.

The felony convictions (which go to Casey's credibility and believeability) are not admissible generally unless she testified. BUT Baez elicted her statements from Cindy regarding the paternity of Caylee. So she kind of testified through those statements. The state has a case to rely on saying that they can now introduce her felony convictions. What is funny is that is a case that THIS JUDGE was the trial judge on and let in evidence of prior convictions in that case in similar circumstances and he was upheld by two levels of appeallate courts!

. . . and citing case law where HHJP was the presiding judge. Loving it.

Hubby's in Kissimmee right now on his way home. Should I ask him to stop by and pick up that file for JB?:great:

Stop! Please STOP! I can't take any more!! :floorlaugh:

HHJBP punctuating all of his files with a big "dunk-dunk" on his podium by the mic.

I just love this judge!

I think the defence is sleeping big time as well, but I also think the SA have made very good use of this . Like when I took my moms change when she was asleep after she would mumble an unclear sleepy answer to me asking her.

My kids are not allowed to ask me questions when I am sleeping, Never counts and they know they will be in trouble like they never asked. Grow up JB.

There is a rather large DT for ICA and it is looking like the other attorneys have backed off and are letting JB's ship go down all on his own.

Never seen anything like this in a case. Anybody?

Yes- Mark Geragos- Scott Peterson.
And I can't help but think that they both fell apart because they lost the will to defend true evil. (which is what both of them were charged to do.)

I don't get about lying about the HS graduation. My parents knew exactly how many credits I had, I don't think she would have been able to lie to them about that and the school called to let them know she was missing part of a required credit..that seriously isn't as big as the stuff she pulled later in life...IMO

:eek:

Bill S saying because of the blunder there "could" be an issue of incompetency, BUT CM is there, so the chances are slim. CM should have known better!!

So could this possibly be self sabotage by the DT? If so then are there any legal consequences for it?

The attorney on WFTV said that Baez's huge blunder in allowing Casey's six prior felony convictions to be admitted could potentially be used as grounds for a mistrial on the grounds of ineffective counsel, but what may save the State is that Mason was right there at the time.

I am not thinking the insufficient counsel will fly with CM there overseeing everything.

What is the big blunder by the inexperienced defense? I was gone for a little while (work). Can you clue me in? TIA!!!1

Here we go! Everyone, put your hands in the air as we go over the big dips! :rollercoaster:

what did I miss?

I was outside with my 3yo enjoying this beautiful weather, makes me sad for Caylee :(

I don't get about lying about the HS graduation. My parents knew exactly how many credits I had, I don't think she would have been able to lie to them about that and the school called to let them know she was missing part of a required credit..that seriously isn't as big as the stuff she pulled later in life...IMO

To show she lied because she was abused(supposely) and she covered up when things were wrong/bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me