2011.05.31 TRIAL Day Six (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what others are thinking about Baez' incompetence and why Mason doesn't step in and assist, but I get the impression that JB wants to be in complete charge of his case. This is his big moment in the spotlight, and Baez doesn't want anyone to steal the show from him. I wonder if other members of the DT have offered advice to JB, and he's blown them off?

this may have been posted earlier, but.... I bet Casey will be MORTIFIED to know that a huge piece of hair has been sticking out of the back of her head all day.

As a defense attorney myself there are some things I like about JB but there are other things I do not, in any case, I AGREE and I am sort of shocked that Cheney Mason didn't take over the cross exams after JB clearly BLEW IT in his cross exam with GA, at the very least I would think Cheney Mason would be able to develop a line of competent questions that would get some answers out of these witnesses but it appears JB is just winging it out there, MY ONLY GUESS is that CM is purposely not getting involved and allowing JB to do his thing so she has a better chance to claim ineffective counsel down the road.

I know Mr Mason and his work, he is a SUPERB attorney so I really dont understand why he seems to be so far out in left field all the time, it makes no sense at all.

I know next to nothing about court or case law, but I do know a bumbling lawyer when I see one..
Here's my question:
IF Cheney Mason is a paid part of the defense team, and he IS competent, then doesn't he face disbarment or extreme sanctions if he allows Baez to continue with ineffectual counsel for the defendant?

How is the blame all heaped on Baez, IOW? Mason is right there, he has legs, he has a voice. He has the ability to ask for a recess or whatever to tell Baez he's blowing the defense in a capital murder case.
Please explain why Cheney Mason would allow ineffectual defense on his watch.

"a massive explosion of mother and daughter"
lol

casey very confrontational, angry
massive explosion of mother-daughter
amy caught in the middle

" a massive explosion of mother and daugher"

I love Amy. (not in that way)

I bet when Amy motioned for Casey to come out of the apartment she thought she was busted for the thefts.

"massive explosion of mother and daughter" (AH on confrontation at TL apartment confrontation)

Funny how the Nanny always had Caylee until ICA really needed her to keep Caylee..like the Puerto Rico trip.

a massive explosion of mother and daughter....wow

CA was very confrontational when she saw CA. FINALLY someone who can describe the actual relationship between these two at that time.

I know next to nothing about court or case law, but I do know a bumbling lawyer when I see one..
Here's my question:
IF Cheney Mason is a paid part of the defense team, and he IS competent, then doesn't he face disbarment or extreme sanctions if he allows Baez to continue with ineffectual counsel for the defendant?

How is the blame all heaped on Baez, IOW? Mason is right there, he has legs, he has a voice. He has the ability to ask for a recess or whatever to tell Baez he's blowing the defense in a capital murder case.
Please explain why Cheney Mason would allow ineffectual defense on his watch.

I just posted a quick reply along the same lines.

Some jurors are taking notes as Amy testifies n #CaseyAnthony -fell (twitter via WESH)

I am desperate to know how the jurors are taking this testimony.

Does anyone else think that JB took this case knowing he couldn’t win but wanted fame and notoriety from it? No matter what the ruling ends up being, he will surely get many book deals, interviews, etc. after the trial is over and years to come.

I personally think he just ended his life in Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela