2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too worried about GA's reaction. Everyone reacts differently (and I'm not talking about "ugly coping"). Maybe he was in shock. Maybe he was going over the last several weeks trying to figure out what he missed. Maybe he was going into his quiet place because after smelling the car, he knew Caylee was dead.

I think if he did have something to do with this, he WOULD BE reacting, just to throw people off.

Are there thunderstorms in the area today? I keep getting a bit of static like lightening strikes.

FEED BACK! very chopped and sound is cutting out.

Now there is a red head on the stand. who is that please? she has a very sweet voice

I researched the prior residents and it was not ZFG. She did not occupy any apartments at any time.

LDB: is 210 on floor?

second floor

LDB: door?

front door and a sliding glass door to patio

LDB: did apartment 110 serve a purpose?

it did (feed went out)

I live about 5 miles from the courthouse. It's raining here and I hear lots of thunder rumbling downtown.

Next witness appears to be some type of management from Sawgrass Apts.

The manager of the Sawgrass Apartments is on the stand. Didn't catch her name.

Most feeds are down due to weather - IS was still up. But just went down also.

Is the apocalypse heading for Casey? I keep hearing this storm is getting worse and worse...maybe even God is not happy with this trial? LOL

Ahem, may I call you Mr. 183? :floorlaugh:

I believe that Casey, like all defendants, is entitled to a competent defense. However, my understanding of the incompetent counsel standard is that not only is the counsel incompetent, but the outcome would have been different. I don't know, but I wonder--would that apply here? I.e., could/would the outcome be different with different counsel?

Well that's a difficult question and too o/t to get into here. However, regardless of whether or not she could establish IAOC on appeal, JB should not be lead counsel. Not just due to lack of experience but (IMO) lack of skill.

An example is his lack of understanding of very basic evidence rules. If you refer back to his trying to get into evidene (I think from TL) ICA's statement that she was molested by GA on the basis that it was an "admission" and not subject to hearsay rules. I would check with the US attorney's here BUT I expect that even a mediocre law student in a mock trial would know that this is absurd. What's worse is that he made this statement after conferring with co-counsel (I think CM).

I did find it humorous when JB said "Good Morning " earlier... then added..."well it will be Good Afternoon in a few minutes."

Instead of reading our "catch-phrase" thread maybe he should have been reviewing discovery he hadn't got around to.

I am sitting here at Ave Maria School of Law – a Catholic, national law school
In the cafeteria with 150 soon to be lawyer (graduating this Saturday)
We are all watching Casey Anthony Trial ….
There is not a Dry eye in the place…
Whenever JB and defense speaks and tries to make a point, they laugh so hard some are even crying…
They are betting there will be a mistrial…. Hmmmmm:banghead:

Oh Keep talking...would love to hear some of the better bon mots

Whenever JB and defense speaks and tries to make a point, they laugh so hard some are even crying…

What would mistrial be based on? Usually it comes from a request by defense...in this case, it seems as though the judge should call one, almost...

BIll S is pointing out that he is looking for testimony from LE that Casey told them that her mother was trying to take Caylee away from her. COupled with the "Spiteful b*tch" comment from Casey herself is very damning, per BS

He would be incompetent if he didn't. (Actually I need to rephrase that somehow).

He would be even *more* incompetent if he didn't. I rephrased it for you! I hope you like it and you're welcome!

Even with all our technology...you can't beat Mama Nature. :winko:

Is this man not the laughing stock of his profession!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89