2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something's going to happen.. this trial can't continue with JB as her legal counsel. She deserves to fry at the stake BUT she's also entitled to competent representation. This IS TRULY HARD to watch. If I was the prosecution I wouldn't even feel comfortable trying this case alongside JB.

Do we know where JB received his degree? What are his qualifications? Where did he attend school? HONESTLY FOLKS.......

IIRC he placed 183 out of a class of 186 in the lowest rated Law School in the US. Then his troubles really began..... The Fla Bar would not allow him to practise due to his ethical and financial problems...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh JB playing the "address the Officer as Miss" game.

It's a defense tactic to demonstrate a LACK of RESPECT for an LEO.

It also subliminally suggests to the jury that the witness is not worthy of respect as an expert.

I caught that..
She is in Uniform performing her duties..IMO she should be referred to as Deputy Acevedo..

Well thank goodness they had time to properly address the Jib-Jab video with the dancing Jose. I'm certain it would be far more pivotal to the case than the jail visitation videos.

ITA!:seeya:

Just answered this above.

However, I have always felt that this would be best for all involved. However, it is unlikely.

I personally think that the best thing that could happen is a hung jury with the Defense Team withdrawing from the case and being replaced with experienced, competent counsel. You may all hate ICA, however, she deserves a competent defense.

yes, she does deserve adequate representation - however, I don't see a hung jury based on her current representation...

Just answered this above.

However, I have always felt that this would be best for all involved. However, it is unlikely.

I personally think that the best thing that could happen is a hung jury with the Defense Team withdrawing from the case and being replaced with experienced, competent counsel. You may all hate ICA, however, she deserves a competent defense.

I believe that Casey, like all defendants, is entitled to a competent defense. However, my understanding of the incompetent counsel standard is that not only is the counsel incompetent, but the outcome would have been different. I don't know, but I wonder--would that apply here? I.e., could/would the outcome be different with different counsel?

Dep Acevedo & JB....
smelled an odor ....don't know from car or garage.....human decomp? (object-sustained establish foundation).....garbage type odor best description......didn't think CSI needed to be called....not Dep. decision to make.....Dep. Ace didn't call CSI....

redirect.....
LDB - said you didn't notice if car or trunk open .....passed the vehicle entered residence thru garage door....how close not sure.....garbage type smell ...any experience with human decomp odor? not a lot experience....don't have opinion either way with experience have...

redirect.
JB....when came back with kc how much time spend @ house.....another hour...roughly 3 hours..... 4 officers...... (lost feed)

LDB: "You saying it was a garbage type smell, is that because you don't have experience with decomp odor?"

A: "Not really, no"

They say that all good liars base their lies on some level of truth. She had friends that lived there.

"A" Jeff Hopkins did exist.

At one time she worked for/at Universal Studios.

I could go on. . .

Even Cindy said at one time that there was a bit of truth in all of Casey's lies. I think this is what made it difficult for her, and likely many others, to determine when Casey was lying and when her fabrications were just that. jmo

JB: when you arrived the mrs anthony what was her demenor?

she was upset

JB: mr george anthony?

calm quiet

JB: what about Casey's demenor?

quiet

JB: just like mr anthony?

yes

JB: was miss anthony handcuffed?

no

JB: placed in back of you car?

yes

JB: to sawgrass?

yes

JB: how long in house before you went to sawgrass?

two hours

JB: did you see the pontiac sunfire?

yes

JB: trunk open?

no

JB: smell odor?

I smelled odor car? garage?

JB: anything that was human decomp?

objection
sustained

JB: can you described the odor?

garbage type odor

JB: you at no time was alarmed to think that CSI needed to be called?

no my decision to make

JB: you never advised that CSI be called?

no sir

JB: nothing further

LDB: you said you didn't notice if the car trunk was open, have any idea how close you got to the car?

I passed the car because I went into the residence how close I do not know but I passed by it.

LDB: you said garbage smell is that because you do not have experience on decomp?

not a lot of experience

LDB: you feel comfortable giving an opinion since you have such little experience?

no

JB: when you came back how much time did you spend at the house?

over and hour but would have to check

JB: so almost three hours

yes

JB: how many LE did you see?

four

Deputy Acevedo "Thank You Your Honor" ..right into the mic.

If I had a hysterical Cindy in my face, I'd be quiet too. Just sayin'.

IIRC he placed 183 out of a class of 186 in the lowest rated Law School in the US. Then his troubles really began..... The Fla Bar would not allow him to practise due to his ethical and financial problems...

BBM

you mean practice his CRAFT....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Deputy: garbage type odor. that's t best i can describe it as.

Perhaps she hasn't smelled a dead body yet...it took my dh long time before he did. He says it's an unforgettable smell and there's nothing else like it..as others have said.

Q: You never decided that CSI should be called?
A: That wasn't my decision to make.
Q: So you never advised that CSI be called?
A: No sir.

Good lord, JB is an idiot. If it wasn't her decision to make, OF COURSE she didn't advise her superior to make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus