2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody give Yuri a prize.

He is FABULOUS on the stand with his simple yes & no answers. It makes Baez look so foolish. I LOVE how he looks at the jury and also how he wrinkles his brows and looks puzzled when he's being asked pointless questions.

:heartluv::heartbeat::heartluv::heartbeat::heartluv::heartbeat:

I :beats: Yuri

Jury out of courtroom.

JJBP says on Friday he will ask State where they think they are and an approximate time when they think they will be wrapping their case up so the Defense can have an idea of when they will need to start.

LDB says numerically they are about half way. JJBP asks if that means another week or two weeks - LDB says perhaps. By the end of the week they could be up to possibly witness 49 - 20 plus called so far. A lot of it is marking evidence. They will try to have a list for the clerk of the anticipated order. HHBP says they can have an extra clerk.

LDB says it is their intention to play the jail visitation videos within the next day or so. Have predicate matters first. If JB has specific things to redact, it would be difficult, but if he gets it to them soon enough and they agree, they might do that. JA went through and says there is not much that is not admissible. They have transcripts for all but the 7/26 visit. Hoping to have the last available by Friday.

JJBP says if the objections are not untimely, it would be helpful to have transcripts. The sooner JB lets the State know... LDB has a copy of the transcript that was for the court reporter. HHBP says he isn't reading it tonight - he read enough last night.

JB says they will try to get the objectionable items in the next 48 hours.

JB - regarding JAC and travel for out of state defense witnesses - they need 5 days notice to be able to pay for travel - pertaining to people who need travel paid by JAC as opposed to reimbursement.

HHBP asks Baez if he has motions ready - no - just found out about 5 day requirement.

JB withdrew request for specific transcript mentioned in status hearing.

Court recessed until 9:00.

I love how Melich looks directly at the jurors and speaks to them when he's answering a question/explaining something.
:)

That's because he is very professional and I assume experienced at being a witness. The jurors are the ones most interested in his answers, it will make them respect his testimony, and believe me, whatever Baez is up to regarding trying to ruin his credibility is NOT going to work.

I posted in trial thread but got my butt slammed in the closing door....

HHBP wants to ask on Friday where the SA are in their case.....LDB said about 1/2 way through lineup of witnesses.... another week or 2 weeks.....a lot of marking evidence ....if there is a way to have the list to the clerk ...if you can notify the clerk so she can have a helper....

Within next day or 2 SA wants to show jailhouse videos....if there are specific stuff he wants redacted ....JB .....there are transcripts of all but one visit except 7/25 visit w/GA and CA......minimum til Friday .... it would be very helpful if there are objections taht are not untimely HHBP look @ transcripts and decide.....a lot of reading.....HHBP is not going to read them tonite - he read enough last night.....JB wants 48 hours t o get sleep.....
JB wants to piggy back...relates to JAC out of state expenses....they need 5 days notice to be able to pay for travel.....know everyone is doing best to keep on schedule....HHBP do you have orders and motions right now? No she is working on it right now. File them in open court when she is ready.....remember anything to bring up - let court deputy know by 8:20 - we will take up before 9:00.... recess til 9:00 tomorrow....

per wenwe... door shut too fast ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member