2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the prosecution read over here? I agree that this nurse witness isn't for Casey (maybe a little) but for GA. They will say he was guilty of helping hide the body and that made him depressed and his daughter sitting in jail was his fault so he tried to kill himself. I think this is all to do with GA, not KC. I hope the judge doesn't allow this when this woman has no knowledge of KC or GA. Thats just plain not right. Neither have been examine by her.

I would buy all of that hook line and sinker but for one very important thing.

If George did abuse Casey and/or was home when Caylee drowned and then helped ICA cover up the accident then wouldn't he ADMIT to that in the suicide note he left behind?

Would a man willing to take his own life over grief and guilt leave his child in jail to suffer the consequences of his horrid behavior, maybe even go to jail or worse, get the Death Penalty?

That makes no sense to me.

Jose even said in his opening statement that George left no important information in the suicide note, he stated in open court that he (George) only made vague innuendos about other people.

It won't fly IMOO

I hope that's the case! I was just wondering if you are basing this on feedback you have heard or read about the juror's expressions, or just a hunch? The reason I ask, is because my 70 year old grandmother and I have been avidly following this case since the beginning. She only has had access to it through tv though as she doesn't own a computer. She and I have been on different ends of the spectrum the entire trial. She REALLY believes ICA is guilty as do I, but she isn't convinced that the jury feels the same way. In fact, we have placed bets :O I would love to be able to tell her more than I have already read about various tweets as to the juror's dispositions.
Check out the tweet thread on some of the people in the courtroom on their observations are of the jury.

ICA lied and lied and said it was a half black and half Spanish person who took her daughter, JB insulted a black guy on the witness stand for wanting to look good for trial.

Reports of Juror giving a a glare at ICA, Taking a lot of notes, watching intently, listening closely. Only one juror was reported to look like he was sleeping but I don't think so. I would venture to guess his mind is already made up.

Many of the Juror's did hear about this before they were sworn in but said they could render an unbiased verdict.

Putting all the little tid bits together common sense would dictate how they are feeling and that is like most here who just started to learn the "FACTS" about this case, and watched JB in action via hearings. They all came to the same conclusions as well as this Jury is and will.

They know they are being watched and probably tweeted on, they are being careful not to give anything away, but sometimes it seeps out and that is what we are seeing.

I noticed yesterday when Yuri left the stand he looked over at the Jury and just before he turned his head he smiled. Clearly a juror or a few smiled at him first and he responded in kind. Yuri didn't initiate the smile, it was a response from one or more jurors.

My mother who lives in the viewing area, has heard a lot, but not everything. She watched the video's for the first time today. One quote of hers was "does LA think he is a detective" "Wow, ICA sure doesn't seem like she is worried where her daughter is, she doesn't ask "Has the Police found her yet" normal questions the Jury will have also.

How many more jail house tapes do we have... the parents combined visit with the "tantrum" and George's individual visit? Are there more?

Well, I'll be the "juror" over here sleeping. I don't need to see any more of these video's. I get the point of them quite well already.

Someone poke me when we get to the physical evidence.

:offtobed:

Funny how Lee asked KC who he can trust in the jailhouse visits? Did it ever occur to him that you can't KC!

This bears repeating......especially since the defense wants Mr. Anthony's medical records. They will not stop until they destroy him.

My recollection is that Mr. Anthony attempted suicide one day after it was reported in the media that a heart shape sticker was placed on the taped mouth of little Caylee. Here is a snip from Momlogic on this dated January 23, 2009:

Dr. Charles Sophy, Medical Director for the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, says, "George Anthony is a man who is forced to come to grips to face himself."

That won't be easy for the grieving grandfather, who throughout the entire investigation has seemingly lived in a state of constant denial.

"I don't want to believe that I have raised someone, and brought someone in this world, that could do something to another person. I don't want to believe that,"

About the GA attempted suicide thing...is it possible that GA was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone? 1. He wanted to end his life because he could not live with the grief of losing Caylee AND ICA so that leads to #2. He knew if he committed suicide, the DT could run with it and pin the whole thing on him (even though he knew ICA was guilty), therefore getting ICA off the hook, and GA would never have to be around to see the repercussions of that happening...

I wonder if George turned them over BEFORE he realized he was being thrown under the bus? I can't imagine why he would do that all, though. Not smart on his part if he let them have his medical records. What was he thinking?

He wants his daughter to walk out of that court room a free woman. This is what he was thinking, IMO. Said it before and I will say it again. I don't trust George Anthony.

I just came in and am catching up on this afternoons bombshells- if this woman 'grief expert' is anything like the other doofus that AL brought in that day- an 'expert' on how pretty young women who are perceived as sluttish are victimised by the legal system (it was one of those WTH is she talking about moments!)

Debra LeFave sp? Pretty blonde teacher had sex with underage student,came off very slutty IMO.She was not victimized by the legal system in FL.she was under house arrest,IIRC she was too pretty for jail.:innocent:

did anyone get the name of the item that JP mentioned to the attorneys that they "should read" before any decisions are made as far as the greif information?? all i was able to hear was "angrand vs t" "teak" "tea"
i did a search for it but could not find anything.......

Why do I have Gene Wilder's (?) voice in the back of my head from Frankenstein . . . screaming "Lies! All LIES!"?

Get out of here! I've been hearing the wizard's wife in Princess Bride...LIARRRRR! :floorlaugh:

It sure looks that way to me.

In regards to medical records question (I am evidently challenged when it comes to carrying over two posts :) I have looked into this before regarding a close relative. HIPPA provides a clause that states medical records may be turned over to an individual who wouldn't normally gain access IF it was done through legal channels and the situation was one of life or death. ICA facing the DP would probably qualify. In other words, George didn't have a say in if his records were released or not. JB must have filed for a court order.

I am really getting frstrated. If anyone finds a link to the case cited by JP as relevant to this motion on expert being argued pls link it. I have found articles referencing it and other supreme court cases citing it but cannot find the actual case itself.

ETA case name

Angrand v. Key, 657 So.2d 1146 (Fla.1995)

Shame to end a decent career on a case like this! F.Lee Bailey ruined himself at the end also.

Very. Good. Point. and J. Cheney Mason ain't no F. Lee Bailey - even on his best day. Also reminds me of a certain quarterback who just can't stay retired...

It was painful to listen to Lee and Casey's conversations today. PAINFUL. A whole lot of nothing.... now you can see why Casey screams at her parents that all Lee wants to do is ask his list of questions. Now that I know what I know about Casey I'm thinking that it was painful for her too to sit there captured by Lee's questions for an hour. Having to put up a facade of "caylee is my main agenda". Watching her while she watched the tapes was over the top.

Their speaking in code was driving me crazy. They have some weird speech patterns and phrases. Casey kept saying to the best of my knowledge - I don't think that's a natural way to answer a question from your parents or brother - KWIM?

This bears repeating......especially since the defense wants Mr. Anthony's medical records. They will not stop until they destroy him.

My recollection is that Mr. Anthony attempted suicide one day after it was reported in the media that a heart shape sticker was placed on the taped mouth of little Caylee. Here is a snip from Momlogic on this dated January 23, 2009:

Dr. Charles Sophy, Medical Director for the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, says, "George Anthony is a man who is forced to come to grips to face himself."

That won't be easy for the grieving grandfather, who throughout the entire investigation has seemingly lived in a state of constant denial.

"I don't want to believe that I have raised someone, and brought someone in this world, that could do something to another person. I don't want to believe that,"

I agree completely! Welcome, Bayouland!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

In regards to medical records question (I am evidently challenged when it comes to carrying over two posts :) I have looked into this before regarding a close relative. HIPPA provides a clause that states medical records may be turned over to an individual who wouldn't normally gain access IF it was done through legal channels and the situation was one of life or death. ICA facing the DP would probably qualify. In other words, George didn't have a say in if his records were released or not. JB must have filed for a court order.

Errr, but GA is not on trial. KC is. That is where the confusion lies. Hopefully one of the lawyers will answer, the question is up in the lawyer thread.

Check out the tweet thread on some of the people in the courtroom on their observations are of the jury.

ICA lied and lied and said it was a half black and half Spanish person who took her daughter, JB insulted a black guy on the witness stand for wanting to look good for trial.

Reports of Juror giving a a glare at ICA, Taking a lot of notes, watching intently, listening closely. Only one juror was reported to look like he was sleeping but I don't think so. I would venture to guess his mind is already made up.

Many of the Juror's did hear about this before they were sworn in but said they could render an unbiased verdict.

Putting all the little tid bits together common sense would dictate how they are feeling and that is like most here who just started to learn the "FACTS" about this case, and watched JB in action via hearings. They all came to the same conclusions as well as this Jury is and will.

They know they are being watched and probably tweeted on, they are being careful not to give anything away, but sometimes it seeps out and that is what we are seeing.

I noticed yesterday when Yuri left the stand he looked over at the Jury and just before he turned his head he smiled. Clearly a juror or a few smiled at him first and he responded in kind. Yuri didn't initiate the smile, it was a response from one or more jurors.

My mother who lives in the viewing area, has heard a lot, but not everything. She watched the video's for the first time today. One quote of hers was "does LA think he is a detective" "Wow, ICA sure doesn't seem like she is worried where her daughter is, she doesn't ask "Has the Police found her yet" normal questions the Jury will have also.

TYSM for such a detailed reply. I will definitely check out the tweets thread as I have mainly just been seeing the tweets posted in the trial threads here and there as I have been skimming because there's so much to read. I can't wait to read your response to my grandmother. I have thought all along that if I had been a juror, and not known what I know, I still don't see how they could find her innocent, but I always wonder in the back of my mind if it's because I know what I know...LOL if that makes any sense. Ty again. :tyou:

Moreover, Lera - she's going to have to produce an actual report before the state can depose her - she's never examined ICA - and I don't think submitting a bunch of articles is going to cut it. IMHO we'll never see her.
So true, but you know something tells me if this lady did get on the stand, the DT is so bad that the State would turn this witness into a States witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy