2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more jail house tapes do we have... the parents combined visit with the "tantrum" and George's individual visit? Are there more?

oh lordy I hope not. today was just mindnumbing

How many more jail house tapes do we have... the parents combined visit with the "tantrum" and George's individual visit? Are there more?

I think there's a total of six, we've seen two... iirc

Did CM say at the begining of this that he's about to retire or this will be his last case? If it is, what a way to go out ... with a thud.

Shame to end a decent career on a case like this! F.Lee Bailey ruined himself at the end also.

I think I read in another thread that there are 7 discs with 300 min. each. I may be wrong though :|

Earlier in the trial, I said I thought they'd convict but not recommend the DP. Now, I'm not so sure that they won't recommend the DP.

I totally agree - and I really, really, really didn't share my LWOP point of view here at all. I tell ya - she's got me ready to give the old thumbs down. I'm a little surprised at myself.

so the DT cannot put kc on the stand because no one would believe a thing she would say at this point...they are going to continue to drop hints @ GA having something to do with death/disposal/knowledge of (whatever) to plant a seed of reasonable doubt.....makes sense to me because they are going to argue that GA and CA taught kc how to lie....therefore they are more masterful at this craft....so don't believe them....

ok not that I believe this who's who of liar-dom...but are they now trying reasonable doubt upon reasonable doubt? A conundrum within a puzzle, within a maze, inside of the labrynth....

love this, well put

I STILL want to know how the defense team came into possession of GA's medical records with current HIPPA Laws....

or does this mean that George ALLOWED Baez access to them??? :waitasec:

It sure looks that way to me.

I'm wondering if this lady is going to withdraw herself tonight on the phone with JB. LOL

I mean really, JB didn't sound confident at all about her and I sensed the depo scares him too.

Which reminds me .... the JAC .... has a bill be submitted, don't think so, and if it has will JAC pay for it.

And has JB submitted a bill for the cost of GAs medical transcripts. They are expensive.

Did CM say at the begining of this that he's about to retire or this will be his last case? If it is, what a way to go out ... with a thud.

Just like the Titanic. It was the Captain's final voyage on that virgin ship as well.

***thuds away, CM***

Why do I have Gene Wilder's (?) voice in the back of my head from Frankenstein . . . screaming "Lies! All LIES!"?

on second thought ....maybe it was comedian Sam Kinneson (or is that just my brain screaming it louder??)

IMO "ugly coping"... "PTSD"... and "the stages of grieving" are three very different concepts. When the defense is not successful bringing one in they grasp another one. The "grasping at straws" defense...

JMHO

That would be the "G.A.S." defense, wouldn't it?

in this article from today http://www.wftv.com/news/28105029/detail.html

it reads down the page a bit:

*Prosecutors said Casey knew she had put duct tape over Caylee's face, and a kidnapping story fit that evidence.*

was that in her opening statement or did the prosecutors say this in court today? and if so anyone remember about what time?.....i miss a lot of it today and would like to go back and here this part.....thanks :)

The defense dropped the nanny kidnapping story and went with an accidental drowning when she and George were at home. Duct tape doesn't really fit that, now does it? :waitasec:

Let me get this straight. So the new proposed witness for the defense is a motivational speaker with a celebrity status who claims to be an expert in Grief? Good grief Charlie Brown! What next?

You forgot she does this in the form of a stand up comedy act.
Seriously.

I'm still bettin' there's a book coming out.

I honestly think that the Court System (meaning a group of higher ups) asked him to be on the case. He didn't want to be. This is just my opinion.

Ya know I have always been like this :waitasec: because he talked out against ICA before he joined the DT and even went as far as to say he thought she was guilty. Someone must be paying him (outside of the taxpayers) or he thinks he will write a book and cash in.

I'm wondering if this lady is going to withdraw herself tonight on the phone with JB. LOL

I mean really, JB didn't sound confident at all about her and I sensed the depo scares him too.

Moreover, Lera - she's going to have to produce an actual report before the state can depose her - she's never examined ICA - and I don't think submitting a bunch of articles is going to cut it. IMHO we'll never see her.

Would we learn anything from having a list of all the things being said that made Casey shake her head 'no' in court?

I am almost convinced that KC's kidnapping story was a better defense than the drowning.

OMG, that is the cleverest/funniest sentence I've read anywhere in nineteen days.

:rocker: :great: :floorlaugh: :lol: :toast:

Ya know I have always been like this :waitasec: because he talked out against ICA before he joined the DT and even went as far as to say he thought she was guilty. Someone must be paying him (outside of the taxpayers) or he thinks he will write a book and cash in.

I honestly think a few Judges asked him on. I've seen it happen in really bad DP cases that no one wanted to touch. Much worse than this one really. I have no idea, but if you find out that he does get to bill the state of FL for hours, you know that some Judges pulled him in as a necessity.

Lady caller on HLN saying kc has great poker face....I am thinking she would be phenomenal at playing bridge!

I have been waiting for HLN to acknowledge what happened today after the dismissal of the jury....I have not seen anything aired yet....

Wow VP just called kc's character flaw so much more than just being a liar ....shows total calousness!

That would be the "G.A.S." defense, wouldn't it?

certainly would be appropriate given that the whole theory is full of hot air and smells like poo to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy