2011.06.02 TRIAL Day Eight (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know on the Simpsons when Marge says she wants to go to the ballet and the thought bubble of the circus appears over Homer's head with the circus music? Doo-doo doo-doo do do do do doo do...

Whenever Baez brings up a stupid objection or motion and HHJP shoots him down with a speech refering to case law, that's what I imagine is going on in his head.

Mistrial! Give me a break! DENIED.

He won't let up, must work hard for it, JB.

I mean, I understand Baez's point, but....with 9 lawyers on their team over the course of the trial, did they NOT find it important enough to file a motion about this specifically? I mean...hello? That's what you DO.

Who has time to file motions when they have tv appearances to get to?

BUT - JB did have time to file a motion to keep the jib-jab video out! When the state never even planned to use it!

:gavel:

Perfect example of the DT's priorities. <sigh>

The defense is beyond desperate. Are we going to ask EVERY DAY for a mistrial? For petes sake.

HHJP: The court will DENY the motion for a mistrial!

Now JB wants the court to give the jury instructions regarding the videos. HHJP will consider giving one but JB has to let him know what he wants the court to say.

This is beyond the height of incompetance, I hope ICA is happy with her representation now.

Baez wants to fashion a "curative" instruction for the jurors about these negative comments since he can't have his mistrial.

HHBP would be happy to consider a curative motion.

LDB wants to start tape 11 min in so there won't be dead air. JB - no objection.

Jury coming back in.

This is going really bad. If she decided to claim ineffective counsil, when would that happen? It really seems as if he's not ready for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire