2011.06.02 TRIAL Day Eight (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he does NOT. He had plenty of time to view this video and object prior to it being shown in court. He didn't object then, or if he did it was overruled, he can't get a mistrial on it now.

End of story.

A thank you was not enough. . .Perfectly stated post. . .:rocker:

Anyone who ever watched any coverage of this case knew these tapes were, uh, let's say 'not good' for the Defense. I would say there's no excuse for not filing.

As well as the ones that are forthcoming... So he HAS viewed them and knows what's in them and could have brought it to attention a long time ago.

Oh,
He got them in Sept 2008

Nuff said.

BAEZ - you had time to do interviews and do 48 HOURS, you could have taken that time and filed a motion. LOSE. Move on.

Jose totally knew this could/would happen, that's why there were no visits for 2 1/2 years!!

A jailhouse video released three weeks ago?? I thought that was disclosed over a year ago?

OH! LDB clears it up. He got a duplicate copy of it.

JB has had these videos since Sept. 2008. The exception is one he got three weeks ago.

September 2008. Well then again I say, carry on. Just as was said yesterday you've had two years JB to place your motions. attorneys are always procrastinating because I work for one and have worked for many but you don't procratinate in a trial of this magnitude JB.

Judge checking and double-checking everything... especially time deadlines. DENIED!

He certainly addressed that stupid Jib-Jab video on time, but other matters kept him from addressing the visitation videos? Okay.

State reply: LDB questioning the 403 objection today. No specificity. Untimely. Tapes already admitted.

HHBP question: Deadline to address evidentiary issue - 12/31/10? LDB - yes.

HHBP question: Anything in the motions to redact portions of the videos? LDB - no - and no inquiries.

HHBP - Defense response to the two questions?

JB agrees, but feels it's his duty to raise objections when appropriate. Raised objection before and during video as well as now.

HHBP - when were videos provided to Defense? JB - 9/08 and 09. All but one provided three weeks ago.

HHBP - time deadlines can sometimes be harsh. There must be some finality. This court gave the date of 12/31/10 and from Jan to April the court was available for hearings.

Motion for Mistrial DENIED.

JB's motion is untimely. Renewed motions denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89