2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why, if JB doesn't get the answer he wants from a witness, he just asks the question a different way 2 or 3 times, then starts asking "trick" questions. (Don't know why I put "trick" in quotations, it must have been important). He really is harrassing the witnesses with the same questions that have been objected to several times. Is JP gonna keep letting him get away with that?

I think the Frye hearings show how inept he is especially compared to JA. LKB real loss for the defense imo they needed her for this part. DCS and JB cannot fill her shoes.

Please don't ban me the first week! LOL. After following this since it happened, I find myself wondering about a few things and paranoid because all it takes is one juror.....

Although many say JB is not effective as counsel, he has still scored some points, and the points he does score are damaging. He is systematically trying to discredit alot of evidence and also witnesses. I don't buy it but am concerned one of the juror's may. He improved today (he must have read all the comments about him).

I am worried that the video tapes today were not nearly as damaging to the defense as the media is reporting. GA looks weird and strange when CA talked about rumors of drowning.

I also remember the conversation between LA and ICA where they talk in code and at the memorial LA also talking in code.

I feel very strongly that she is guilty, but I also feel something is going on here that we may or may never learn.

Sound off, just had to get this off my chest.....

I have missed a lot because I have children so can you help me out on what I missed?

what points did JB score?

Personally I think he made a failure of himself, but that's just me. His snarky little shots, like to George "Cause you're just a stand up guy'' really set me off. Not because I like George, but because he behaves in a juvenile way when it will least benefit his client, and he comes across as the tough teen defending his girl's honor. Very disturbing.

I believe the tapes are VERY damaging as it shows that Casey and family are aware they are being taped and that it will be shown on the news, and they are playing up to the media and public with their lovey dovey displays and supposed support and concern for each other. None of that first jail call with her frushtrated self yelling and demanding phone numbers and alternately alientating/sugar sweet patronizing, depending who was on the phone.
She failed when she lost it during one of the conversations, and out came the fisties.

I also missed the code talk. Can you give me an example? I know ICA was saying Caylee was ''close to home'' but I didn't view that as code talk, it was such a broad hint that anyone with common sense who had heard the rumor about the teenagers' pet burial ground could have put 2+2 together. I don't think Casey is bright enough to figure out any kind of code talk, but likes to sound cool and clever to outsiders.

JMO of course. :D

Please don't ban me the first week! LOL. After following this since it happened, I find myself wondering about a few things and paranoid because all it takes is one juror.....

Yeah but one juror for what ?? She can can still be sentenced to LWOP and found guilty..

WELCOME TO WS

Although many say JB is not effective as counsel, he has still scored some points, and the points he does score are damaging. He is systematically trying to discredit alot of evidence and also witnesses. I don't buy it but am concerned one of the juror's may. He improved today (he must have read all the comments about him).

I am worried that the video tapes today were not nearly as damaging to the defense as the media is reporting. GA looks weird and strange when CA talked about rumors of drowning.

I also remember the conversation between LA and ICA where they talk in code and at the memorial LA also talking in code.

I feel very strongly that she is guilty, but I also feel something is going on here that we may or may never learn.

Where was GA when you said he looked weird and strange when CA talked about rumors or drowning? This was when he was talking to KC in the jailhouse visit? I must have missed that?

Originally Posted by bayouland View Post

I disagree. I think every time JB could have scored a point, he ruined it either by attitude or ineptitude. Being called down by the judge with the Dr Lee thing killed any flow he had going. His demeanor with the CSI guy left a lot to be desired. JB can't/won't win this case by himself. There is a defense table in place and all are responsible in some part. JB can try to score something but when CM comes along and tries to intimidate and act like an ***hat, any progress made is instantly lost.

I

I also missed the code talk. Can you give me an example? I know ICA was saying Caylee was ''close to home'' but I didn't view that as code talk, it was such a broad hint that anyone with common sense who had heard the rumor about the teenagers' pet burial ground could have put 2+2 together. I don't think Casey is bright enough to figure out any kind of code talk, but likes to sound cool and clever to outsiders.

JMO of course. :D

I can give a code example

"You could possibly presumably, yes, uh hu, um hum"

You have no idea how much I appreciate you right now, lol! I had totally forgotten about the zombie squirrels. I don't know how you guys remember ever little detail about everything. :floorlaugh:

LOL i know more about this case then i know wht i fed my kids for lunch.:floorlaugh:

Welcome bayouland!! :wagon:

IMO those videos were lethal to the defense. ICA was torturing her parents and brother. I remember being disgusted by them when they first came out, this jury has the advantage of knowing Caylee's remains were found right down the street from home and the DT claiming ICA was present when Caylee was found dead in the pool - never missing, never left with Zanny the invisinanny, never coming home! Although ICA said she hoped Caylee would be home by her Birthday, then thought she would be home soon, knew she was "close" and felt in her gut that Caylee was alright.

Not only has the jury heard all these damning comments, they have also watched ICA's cold, cold face as her parents were suffering, while her brother did Anthony code to try and find her lost phone and to determine who might be involved in someway.

JB can make all the brownie points he wants, I imagine at some point we will hear that the individual jurors had all determined ICA's guilt before today - the SA will just keep burying her deeper and JB will continue looking like a buffoon most of the time.

There, feel better now? :)

Welcome to my world. I just don’t believe anything that comes out of any Anthony mouth and they all display very strange affect with regard to facial expressions, hand gestures, voice tone and other emotional signs such as laughter or tears. Not to leave out their vocabulary and odd use of words. They are just very strange and suspicious and you are so right in saying that we will never know what really happened to precious Caylee.

I can’t wait for the results on the hair. If one hair is Caylee’s, it might show chloroform (if it stay on hair(?)) or Zanix.
If that's the case it's over for Casey for sure.

I've wondered this too. Why would she need it? Cindy called it her "work" purse, which would indicate she really doesn't need it. When I think about what is in my purse - checkbook, wallet, etc... - Well, she would have none of those things either. So, what was in it or why would she "need" it? :waitasec:

I tend to think that it was nothing more than a bag with meaningless crap in it. :twocents:

I have a question about the"work purse" .

Amy's resume was in it - Amy testified that she e-mailed it to ICA -
but ICA had no job at Universal so she couldn't take it to anyone.
soooo
why in the world did she bother to print out copies? :waitasec:

I can’t wait for the results on the hair. If one hair is Caylee’s, it might show chloroform (if it stay on hair(?)) or Zanix.
If that's the case it's over for Casey for sure.

From your fingers to God's ears!

I sure hope your right!

soooo

Identity Theft??:waitasec:..Why not..she used Amy's checkbook like it was her own too:banghead:

He lost me several times with things like you know the three people you called before you reached out to mom, can they be trusted. Area codes instead of place names.

I'm sure it was easily decipherable for those more familiar with the facts but I was completely lost what he was talking about.

I have missed a lot because I have children so can you help me out on what I missed?

I felt he somewhat scored when he kept badgering the CSI witness, getting him to back up on "human decomposition". I didn't see all of it and read that this may have been corrected later.

It seems that he is effective in badgering and badgering, making statements to which some of the witnesses will finally concede to.

I think the SA needs to object more.

I don't have precise facts to back up my feelings, sorry.

As I mentioned, I am probably just paranoid.... I will stop posting until I have something useful to contribute!!!

Don't worry....it can equally play to the prosecution in that JB may have pilfered a rumor for his defense.

My previous post brought up the SA accusations and the defense using this forum to gauge public opinion so again with the accidental drowning I believe this too is why they chose that defense. It was really the only thing constantly discussed here that quite a few people wanted to believe that is what really happened that wouldn't get Casey LWOP or the DP.

soooo

Well if Amy e-mailed it KC had to copy it!
To in her imagination turn in to personell at Universal!

I can give a code example

"You could possibly presumably, yes, uh hu, um hum"

:floorlaugh:

Better be careful...Casey might get her zombie squirrel army after you.

34hvpd5.gif

soooo

Very good question!Maybe to use her Identity since Amy was on a cruise ship a lot.If ICA made a run for it her family knew nothing about her being ICA friend.They would not be able to search her down under Amy H's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand