2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG - Geraldo is on Fox this AM. He just said he will bet his house that this case will be reversed on appeal. Rambling on and on about how YM didn't mirandize her at Universal and that's how and why it will be reversed.

Then, he goes on to say that hypothetically IF she is convicted on Manslaughter of a Child - that after the appeal and reversal that she can only be re-tried on THAT change - Manslaughter of a Child. Then even if she's convicted of that on appeal - the sentences for that are nothing compared to murder one - and that she will WALK on time served!! :eek:

We need a hurricane for Geraldo to go wade through. Can't wait for the day he's wrong and has to eat those words. Won't be the first time he's done that, now will it?

Ya know, when Geraldo opens his mouth, all I hear is "Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa." Pfffft to Geraldo.

Good morning every1

Just wanted to let you all know that Ill be silently following along w/ all of you between (work calls)

thank you so much for keeping me in the loop!

Is this where we're supposed to post for the day? Still trying to maneuver my way through the boards.

On reflector, it looks like someone is cleaning the Casey cam (jurys perspective).

ETA: now it's fixed right where Ms. Anthony will be seated.

That miranda argument is lost on me. At the time those statements were made, ICA was a witness. Why on earth would anyone suggest that a witness must be mirandized prior to taking their statements?

I agree. Some TH's are saying she was "in custody", therefore should have been mirandized. But she was not under arrest, she agreed to go with them and she agreed to talk to them. They were in the information gathering stage at that point. Police can take a person into custody to gather information, without arresting them.
Geraldo doesn't know what he's talking about.

"Dad, (God) I can't say this enough to you. You've done everything that you possibly can, and you're the best father. And, by far the best grandfather, that I've ever met. I'm going to say that, and I mean that with all my heart."

These are words that the jury may hear today, right out of Casey's own mouth.
I wonder if Jose will say that she just lied again.:loser:

There were a few things that stood out to me the most yesterday (and probably more so to the Floridian jurors, IMO):

1. JB is a court-appointed attorney and she got his name from other inmates.
2. When HHJP said about the mistrial/videos in evidence to JB: HHJP counted the attorneys for KC - "Let's see we have, one, two, three, four, FIVE attorneys who had TWO YEARS to review these videos and have portions redacted."

I imagine sitting there as a sequestered juror in such a depressed economy thinking, "OMG, how much is this costing us?!?"

Good morning WS Family :seeya:

JB is not court appointed...she did get a referral from other prisoners but he is pro bono, I do believe there is a difference, not much...

Geraldo, Geraldo...what happened to his, "Jose is too good an attorney to be respresenting this reprehensible human being", paraphrased? When did his head turn? He knows nothing and his betting his house, I hope he looses it!

I also don't believe His Honor made any boo boo's as RH suggests. He's not Chief Justice for nothing! He has it all covered, I believe. Baez had over 2 years to go through those jailhouse tapes but IMO, he was too busy doing TV interviews to care about it, at that time. Now when it 'hits the fan', as always, he whines and cries but he missed his opportunity.

I do not believe His Honor would falter...only one case of his was 'partially' overturned, otherwise he's has an impeccable record on convictions..so I take what RH/GR say, with a large grain of salt. Caylee will get justice served. Those jurors are seeing ICA testify through those tapes. ICA has an opporunity, several to change her statements and give the truth. Only thing, as His Honor, SS said, "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers"...that you can take to the bank...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I wonder every time I watch why she has to waste time re-capping the whole entire case, repeatedly saying 'tot mom', saying 'bombshell' and asking her guests questions and then cutting off their answers. Yeah, she's pretty much the same-o same-o.

Good Morning All!!!:seeya:

I know some have mentioned this but it does appear NG has a lot of new pics to me along with that video or am I just imagining it? Wonder who licensed them, ICA, JB or the A's?

The Today Show is saying that the jury should see the jailhouse tape where Cindy asks Casey about a report that Caylee possibly drowned in the pool that morning and Casey says "surprise, surprise" I am wonder with what everything the defense has said as to how the jury will take this to mean? Any thoughts?

Casey rolls her eyes and completely dismisses the accidental drowning theory. That is how I took it.

Is this where we're supposed to post for the day? Still trying to maneuver my way through the boards.
The sidebar thread is for recesses. We have a trial thread for when court is in session.

Morning all! I wonder what Casey is thinking as she sits there listening to these lies she has told. Are they lies to her and if they are, is she thinking that maybe she could have improved on them to make them better? Is she secretly proud of herself because of the way she thinks she has fooled everyone?

What boggles my mind is that even after she admits the lies, she continues to tell the same ones. :waitasec:

The Today Show is saying that the jury should see the jailhouse tape where Cindy asks Casey about a report that Caylee possibly drowned in the pool that morning and Casey says "surprise, surprise" I am wonder with what everything the defense has said as to how the jury will take this to mean? Any thoughts?

This will be in the very last video shown. And, it's within the first couple of minutes of that video. Take careful note of George's body language, his eyes mostly, before, during, and after Cindy asks that question to Casey.

got my chat up!! woo hoo..more nice vides (coffin nails) today!!

I wonder if Jose will say that she just lied again.:loser:

That is what JB has been saying throughout the trial. He is painting a picture for the jury of a defendant who is "ugly coping" or imagining things and making up everything to try and deal with the death of her daughter. And from what I hear now the DT has a NEW witness some kind of doctor that they want to bring in at this last stage. I have no idea how a licensed doctor could go along with this. I remember HHJP saying that the prosecution could depo this doctor but personally I have no idea how they would find time with this trial going six days a week and some days into overtime.

Casey rolls her eyes and completely dismisses the accidental drowning theory. That is how I took it.

She sounds dismissive and annoyed, as well, that they are still talking about Caylee and not her, ICA

Good morning WS Family :seeya:

JB is not court appointed...she did get a referral from other prisoners but he is pro bono, I do believe there is a difference, not much...

Geraldo, Geraldo...what happened to his, "Jose is too good an attorney to be respresenting this reprehensible human being", paraphrased? When did his head turn? He knows nothing and his betting his house, I hope he looses it!

I also don't believe His Honor made any boo boo's as RH suggests. He's not Chief Justice for nothing! He has it all covered, I believe. Baez had over 2 years to go through those jailhouse tapes but IMO, he was too busy doing TV interviews to care about it, at that time. Now when it 'hits the fan', as always, he whines and cries but he missed his opportunity.

I do not believe His Honor would falter...only one case of his was 'partially' overturned, otherwise he's has an impeccable record on convictions..so I take what RH/GR say, with a large grain of salt. Caylee will get justice served. Those jurors are seeing ICA testify through those tapes. ICA has an opporunity, several to change her statements and give the truth. Only thing, as His Honor, SS said, "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers"...that you can take to the bank...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

jb isn't "pro bono"----he has never declared himself to be....others have--but not him....other than that....ITA.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8