2011.06.04 Sidebar Day Ten [MERGED]

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that Mr. Lippman slapped him with a "cease and desist" order.

BUT WHY? He really hasn't said anything all that bad----no one really listens to him--do they??????

This reminds me of a question I've wanted to ask: I seem to remember--perhaps incorrectly--that way back in 2008 or 2009, Nancy Grace got served with some kind of warning/threat from NeJame or Conway about defaming Cindy and George.

Does anyone else recall anything about that?

FWIW, it looks to me like Mr. Lippman is turning out to be quite an impressive, pro-active attorney for the Anthonys. Whether it's trade-marking issues, filing motions, etc., he seems to accomplish things quickly and smoothly. He also seems able to keep the A's firmly in control, though that may be because they've been in a weakened state for the past eight weeks, since discovering JB and ICA's plans for them.

So when this came out at trial was it clear enough for the jury to hopefully come to this conclusion as well?

Respectfully Quoted Girlilla :)

IMHO the State is not done making their case. I don't know what is clear to the jury at this point other than what the State has shown them. IMHO the defense has had nothing to show. Time will tell. :dunno:

ETA: The defense has has nothing to show except they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Casey is a liar. :liar:

Just a heads up -
Nancy Grace is supposed to have special coverage of the case this evening beginning at 7 (and again at 10) pm ET.

the hair in question q12 was 9 inches long, ICA was excluded to be the source, Lee had short hair, George had short hair, and I don't believe Cindy's was 9 inches long either. The jury will use their common sense with this one.

The Witness testified they do not know what causes the banding and or why some bodies display it and other do not, but so far the testing to replicate it has not been successful. I believe that the Jury will believe the FBI witness who said "She believed this to be postmortem hair banding and leave it at that.

Also, George has white hair and Cindy's hair is blond. Easy to identify either as disimilar to Caylee's hair with the naked eye. Take all this into consideration, along with mitochonrial dna, and I don't think this jury will have a doubt in the world that this hair came from Caylee Anthony.

By "trash bag" are you talking about the bag that actually contained trash? If so, no other hairs with deathbands were retrieved from the trash bag. Seems unlikely ONE hair with a death band would find it's way into the tie string of a bag of trash, and then somehow fall out into the back of the trunk.

My best guess is that this deathband hair came from Caylee's head as she was lying, out of a bag, in the back of the trunk. Since it was a PULLED hair, my guess is that, when the body was moved, the hair caught on something inside the trunk (spare tire well, bolt, screw, who knows) and was left behind in the trunk when the body was moved.
Speculating out loud here without much thought but wasn't it reported that Caylee had her hair in a ponytail? Suppose Casey reached into the bag and pulled the band that was holding her hair together because that could have been traced back to her or Caylee and since she was not thinking fast enough removed it. One hair in a particular place formed the banding. Not all hairs will have the banding, the FBI doesn't know what causes it. What if only in one spot it started to band, and as luck would have it, Caylee left that one banding behind.

I think we really learned something about the dreaded gas can today.

It was returned to the Anthony's.

I think the problem is that it was returned with the tape on it and returned before they knew how important that piece of tape was.

Just a heads up -
Nancy Grace is supposed to have special coverage of the case this evening beginning at 7 (and again at 10) pm ET.

On a "Saturday" - a weekend show ?

:waitasec: Who's watching the twins ? :waitasec: Never mind ... maybe she hired Zanny . . .

Justice for Caylee is coming and this is a very serious matter that we have all been committed to and made a part of our lives for 3 years. Today was heavy testimony and as Judge Perry said in court this week, " a little levity is good".

So, my votes on best performers to represent the players in this case:
1. Judge Perry - Forrest Whittaker (great suggesion upthread)
2. Ashton - Barry Bostwick
3. Casey - Christina Ricci
4. LDB - Jodie Foster
5. Jose Baez - John Lovitz (another great suggestion upthread)

Hair caught in the tie string of the trash bag, could have been the reason that it was left in the car.

BBM

... or one hair that was pulled out during the application of the duct tape, but that didn't stick to it? I have always felt the duct tape and sticker were put on while little Caylee was in the trunk.

Not that Little Caylee's hair was fully in a ponytail though but it could have been stuck in a part of her hair.

What is everyone's opinion on what this, which was posted during today's testimony, means?

Jury smirks when Judge Perry talks sternly to Baez.
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 12:45 PM

Yesterday in the trial thread a couple of us were wishing that they would bring the dogs Gerus (and I forgot the other's name) in for a "live" demonstration using the samples... Well we can dream, can't we....

Fess up--you didn't want the dogs brought in to sniff, you were hoping someone would point to ICA and yell, "Sicum!" (spelling?)

:great:

What is everyone's opinion on what this, which was posted during today's testimony, means?

Juror sees Baez as a slimy attn IMO.

... or one hair that was pulled out during the application of the duct tape, but that didn't stick to it? I have always felt the duct tape and sticker were put on while little Caylee was in the trunk.
Absolutely! It could be any of a number reasons as to how that hair got there! However it was and the forensics can only work with what they have. Only Casey knows the sequence of events and she has refused to set the record straight at all cost.

Speculating out loud here without much thought but wasn't it reported that Caylee had her hair in a ponytail? Suppose Casey reached into the bag and pulled the band that was holding her hair together because that could have been traced back to her or Caylee and since she was not thinking fast enough removed it. One hair in a particular place formed the banding. Not all hairs will have the banding, the FBI doesn't know what causes it. What if only in one spot it started to band, and as luck would have it, Caylee left that one banding behind.

I really couldn't speculate on that. I'm following this case mostly from trial evidence. Unlike many posters here, I have minimal knowledge about the condition of the body as it was found (along with almost everything else!). In other words, I'm in the same position as these jurors...until something is covered in court, I'm clueless.

This reminds me of a question I've wanted to ask: I seem to remember--perhaps incorrectly--that way back in 2008 or 2009, Nancy Grace got served with some kind of warning/threat from NeJame or Conway about defaming Cindy and George.

Does anyone else recall anything about that?

FWIW, it looks to me like Mr. Lippman is turning out to be quite an impressive, pro-active attorney for the Anthonys. Whether it's trade-marking issues, filing motions, etc., he seems to accomplish things quickly and smoothly. He also seems able to keep the A's firmly in control, though that may be because they've been in a weakened state for the past eight weeks, since discovering JB and ICA's plans for them.
I'm looking for that...but in the meantime I found this lovely gem.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXwzDRYgu8"]YouTube - ‪"OH" NANCY GRACE FIGHTS WITH MARK NEJAME...CASEY ANTHONY.. 11=07-08‬‏[/ame]

This part bothers me. Did they test all the hair left on the duct tape and it just hasn't been submitted into evidence yet because the prosecutors are following the timeline and we haven't gotten to that part in the timeline yet?

The state has not presented any evidence from Caylee's body yet or even presented that the child's body was eventually found.

the expert today did indicate in a small comment made today that the only other hairs that she examined that were consistant with the death band hair from the trunk, were those that she examined from Caylee's remains. So yes the hair from the duct tape was tested and it matches the death band hair in the trunk. I don't think a big deal has been made about those hairs showing signs of death banding, mainly because they were duct taped to the remains. That those hairs came from a dead person is sort of an obvious point.

I agree with the poster who indicated that the hair in the duct tape really can't be used to show when the tape was applied. But there is a subtler argument to be made. The duct tape may provide an explanation as to why only 1 death band hair was found in the trunk. The tape prevented more from falling out in the trunk.

Maybe a restaurant if a section was reserved for them apart from other patrons and the employees would also have to be instructed not to talk with them. Retail stores, I wouldn't think so at all as they could be exposed to magazines, etc. I imagine if they "need" something it can be bought for them.

MOO

My husband worked at a hotel years ago that housed a sequestered jury. When they went to eat, they would reserve the restaurant's party room (or whatever you call it) for the jury. When he would have to go into a juror's room, a deputy would accompany him for the duration of his "visit" into the juror's room.

He basically said they were guarded 24/7 and situations and places prepared well in advance for their visits.

I think they smirked as a reaction of "Thank you judge, about time someone sets him straight'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela