2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is he has at least two cases overturned for his witholding exculpatory material from the defense (although one of those was overturned on appeal). He certainly plays fast and loose with the rules of evidence.

Wasn't aware of that. Not relevant to the current trial though, perhaps. I wonder what exculpatory evidence might be withheld in this case since in my estimation the evidence on a circumstantial basis is overwhelming. At least as to the defense strategy on a drowning and body being hidden by George - and Kronk moving the body, and Cindy leaving the pool ladder up and Casey just partying out of fear of her father....... shrug.

Problem is he has at least two cases overturned for his witholding exculpatory material from the defense (although one of those was overturned on appeal). He certainly plays fast and loose with the rules of evidence.

I did not know that...interesting. TY.

Jury being brought back in.

I am afraid JB is making mincemeat out of the hair banding. unfortunately this is the first time he has made any inroads into this case but it isn't making it look like the State has much on the hairband

I Totally disagree. This is close to a smoking gun as the SA will ever hope to get and they have PLENTY!

[/B]
BBM.

It's not. That might be the case if they hadn't found the body. But you have to also remember that dogs hit on the trunk for having a dead body in it, multiple people testified to the smell of decomposition, and caylee's remains were found 15 houses down from ICA's residence.

The hair banding just blustered the states contention that Caylee's body was stored in ICA's trunk.

This goes directly to my last post about giving the death band hair weight IF the state can present it to me as part of a logical story. :)

Don't forget though:
the stain
the smell
the motive
the LIES
the duct tape
items found with Caylee
The jailhouse tapes
have I mentioned the hours upon hours of LIES?

And the kicker---ICA's stone face.

I am still hopeful the jury can get it.

Don't forget the partying/hot body contest and the stealing.

LDB is just cute as a button. I'm saying that in a completely heterosexual way. I just really like her because I think she is here for all the right reasons - getting justice for Caylee.

She just said science may never be able to say for sure about the hair being from a dead body.

JB, you needed to stop right there...

I hope JA asks the expert whether root banding has ever been detected on a live person. Valhall at the Hinky says that root banding has been found on deceased people but as of yet not on a live person. (Apologies to Hinky if that is not correct, that's my interpretation.) On this link http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/0...motion-concerning-states-expert-witness-lowe/ "Was there error rates Established?" Hinky said,

"It is important to note, that to date, the null hypothesis has not been violated. In other words, they can’t find a hair, either in a living person studied, or hairs studied in various environmental conditions, that exhibit post mortem banding!"

one hair is enough for me....but all the carefully chosen words that mean 99.9% rather than 100% make the one hair have less weight. If she could just say "most of the time" or "usually" instead of "well not always" I'd be happier

Personaly, I don't care for this witness, I'm somewhat confused & what I'm taking away is that this hair might not be from a dead body. Just saying.
Redirect needs to have this evidence explained in PLAIN & SIMPLE lay persons terminology. She does not seem to be able to answer in a way that a simple person like me can understand.

Remember,the hairbanding is only a part of a whole. There is other evidence regarding decomp and a body (sorry baby girl ) in the trunk.It can be picked at individually,but speaks volumes as a whole.

Questioning the brush as to whether it really belonged to Caylee?

JB: The child was still missing at that time ????
I thought she was never missing according to his opening statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove