2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
This witness very naturally turns to jury when answering questions. #CaseyAnthony

A little OT, probably asked before, but why do Cindy and George sit on the Prosecution side?

JB just said the child was missing at this time! WTF? :waitasec:

The "child" was never missing, remember Jose?? And, her name is CAYLEE

I thought he said Caylee was never missing........ugh

Wasn't aware of that. Not relevant to the current trial though, perhaps. I wonder what exculpatory evidence might be withheld in this case since in my estimation the evidence on a circumstantial basis is overwhelming. At least as to the defense strategy on a drowning and body being hidden by George - and Kronk moving the body, and Cindy leaving the pool ladder up and Casey just partying out of fear of her father....... shrug.

Thanks for your post. Remember, regardless of how strong the case may be (and their certainly isn't consensus amongst attorneys that the evidence for first degree murder is overwhelming, more that the defense has been ineffective), the key is that evidence can be exculpatory notwithstanding the fact that a person is guilty or that the evidence against them is strong.

The prosecutor cannot say "their is a ton of evidence against the defendant therefore I am not going to turn over this exculpatory material".

JB is trying his hardest to get Ms. Lowe to state that the hair was identified as Caylee's.

Problem is he has at least two cases overturned for his witholding exculpatory material from the defense (although one of those was overturned on appeal). He certainly plays fast and loose with the rules of evidence.
And he's done that here pertaining to THIS case? Link please.

I Totally disagree. This is close to a smoking gun as the SA will ever hope to get and they have PLENTY!

Given the thorough cleaning of the car by the A's...I thought we considered it very fortunate that a hair was even found?! Right?

I am afraid JB is making mincemeat out of the hair banding. unfortunately this is the first time he has made any inroads into this case but it isn't making it look like the State has much on the hairband

I haven't heard most of her testimony but I caught a little bit of Jose questioning her and I have to say he is making a little bit of headway on this issue. I will say this (although I am sure this opinion will not be very popular), I think there is alot of uncertainty about this hair banding and since it is very new scientific evidence it should not be used to prove a murder versus just using it to prove a death may have occurred to say a missing person.

No tissue present at root of hair in question, thus no nuclear dna? Is that how that works? Must have tissue?

That just makes the mitochronrial dna testing seem more logical to me.

JB: The child was still missing at that time ????
I thought she was never missing according to his opening statement.

Hey, JB you need to try to remember your opening statement....
"Caylee was never missing, she died on June 16th".

Ms Lowe said there was no tissue attached to the root so it could not be tested for Nuclear DNA.

Just getting in...has Karen Lowe been the only witness so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove