2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's consistent with" - isn't one of her 'favorite words', she just being precise.

Is JB trying to suggest that somehow a hair with decomp banding ended up in the trunk of ICA's car via transfer? If so, I hope he's prepared to explain to me how this occured, as part of a logical theory.

I bet JA would like to say "I'm sorry you had to go thru' that."

the chairs were offered to them by the prosecution as a courtesy but I think it kinda has become very symbolic since George is being blamed for the death/coverup

I'm sure this is not something the jurors know about the seating arrangements, so it doesn't look good for Casey that they are behind the prosecution.

JB being a smart alec to witness!
JB: "I'll use one of your favorite words, consistent with."
:rolleyes:

I haven't heard most of her testimony but I caught a little bit of Jose questioning her and I have to say he is making a little bit of headway on this issue. I will say this (although I am sure this opinion will not be very popular), I think there is alot of uncertainty about this hair banding and since it is very new scientific evidence it should not be used to prove a murder versus just using it to prove a death may have occurred to say a missing person.

It's important because it proves that a decomposing body was in the trunk of Casey's car. A dead body should not be in the trunk of any car. It is also consistent with hair from Caylee Anthony... the deceased victim in this case. If it were an accident... why put the body in the trunk?

They are not using this evidence to prove a murder (the duct tape will be used for that), but they are using this evidence to prove that Caylee was deceased in the trunk of that car.

so I guess they're now saying that this hair that does not belong to Caylee Anthony who wasn't dead at the time got there because George disposed of dead Caylee and then Casey (abusively, no doubt), the hair got on Casey via secondary transfer and then she was in contact with the smelly trunk.

I think there was only one hair because Casey attempted to clean her trunk to get rid of the stink.

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
A few jurors came back from break with water. An elderly blonde lady sits closest to the witness listening.

What? This hair wasn't NATURALLY shed?!

Oh man. :eek: THAT matters to me!

Well, it seems to be that while this particular cross by JB may be seen as effective for the defense, it could also shoot another whole in inferences made by JB during his OS, and during his cross of GA. JB is trying to keep the jury from connecting hair from a decomposing body to the car. Then, the argument from the SA that a decomposing body was in ICA's car would not be so strong. OK, I get that. But, then I think back to JB 's OS where he connects GA to the disposal of the body, and then to JB's cross of GA when he clearly wanted the jury to think that GA knew the smell in the car was that of human decomposition. And it seems to me that he cannot expect the jury to conclude both that human decomposition smell was in the car per GA's testimony, but then to also conclude that no hairs consistent with human decomposition were possibly found I. The trunk. If he is laying the premise that GA knew there was the smell of decomposition in the trunk and inferring that GA used the trunk of the car in the disposal of the body, then he is contradicting the argument he is making with this FBI witness that the hair found and examined was not from a decomposing body, JMO

This is too convoluted. They need to keep it simple. What is the point of this? A couple of the jurors are not going to be able to come close to following this imo.

Here comes the Mitochondrial dna - and all the alive people, and the one dead person

bobkealing bob kealing
#caseyanthonytrial Baez suggesting a secondary source transferred death band hair to trunk.

Getting to a good point. Not everyone of Caylee's maternal relatives have child's hair.

Is JB trying to suggest that somehow a hair with decomp banding ended up in the trunk of ICA's car via transfer? If so, I hope he's prepared to explain to me how this occured, as part of a logical theory.

I hate to say it but he's made a good case by pointing out that only one hair out of all that she tested showed the banding. Making me, looking at it as a juror, think it might just be a mistake. JMO

JA scores. Keep it simple and straightforward and then I can tell the difference between fact and fancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove