2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the whole point of Sims being there was to cross the medical/science experts. I was surprised when it was Baez today.

Surprise! Surprise! I think Sims just wants to be able to say she was part of the Casey A. defense team. I don't understand why E. Fryer (?) is there either.

Despite JB's claims that Dr. Vass isn't a chemist, I would think a Forensic Anthropologist would have studied chemistry and physics in order to obtain a Phd. in their field of expertise...JMHO

My favorite quote of the day: "You have never studied that because of course, you haven't studied that." -Jose Baez

Watching the body language of Baez today (when doing cross or not) was just spellbinding, he was so angry at one stage he was trying to write and couldn't even get the words together, he was also continuously hovering over that mic button as if he was a contestant in a game show.

The defense can't go on like this - a human beings life is on the line and Mason needs to step up and tell Baez that he is tap dancing his client all the way into a death sentence. As funny as watching Baez is someone needs to take control otherwise a complete mockery is being made of the justice system.

I noticed this as well. I loved it! His only friend seemed to be his pen click. He was beside himself!
I watched yesterday as he was so mad he left the courtroom in a huff, young master Wm trailing in his wake.

bobkealing tweeted:

Should have sheriffs cadavor dog handlers in short order to confirm positive hits on trunk and Anthony home.
3 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Hopefully, first thing tomorrow morning.

Well, I'm going to go and watch some of today's highlights. BTW, does PattyG do any vids of a "Best Of" type? Today's testimony would be great for that! Sort of a Best of Johnny Carson, except this would be Best of Baez. Not that I'm in anyway comparing Johnny and Jose, mind you.....

Wow, the chloroform testimony of Dr. Vass is going to the cause of death. This is big. What does "manufactured chloroform" mean to this case? Did Casey buy/steal already made chloroform? It sounds like it was used more than once. Shocking.

I agree. They are totally laying the foundation for the computer forensics witness regarding the searches on the computer.

Well, my own "mock juror", my sister said she loved Dr Vass and found him compelling and brilliant and Baez's attempts to discredit Dr Vass fell on deaf ears. She got frustrated with Baez's long-winded cross because she had already decided Dr Vass knows his stuff, so Baez was wasting her time.

I hope the jury also found Dr Vass brilliant and compelling.

You said it perfectly! And didn't she just leave her car parked somewhere unattended for days? Theorizing here: her friends and her boyfriend had cars. Any of them could've went with her to re-fill her gastank. But no, Casey knew about the foul smell coming from inside the trunk. So she dumped the car, hoping someone would steal it, so she could blame it all on them..

I guess I don't understand why they don't let them smell the cans. I mean they showed chromatograms, video tapes, pictures (visual evidence). They played tapes of phone calls (auditory evidence). Smell, touch and taste based evidence are out though?

It's kind of an interesting thought, actually.

I thought the whole point of Sims being there was to cross the medical/science experts. I was surprised when it was Baez today.

It probably surprised her too when Baez told her "No, you're not going to speak at all; you're just going to tell me what to ask."

There's definitely some tension going on between Sims, Baez, and KC.

But guys, guys listen....is Dr Vass a chemist?

---------------
Hi Turnadot. For a good run down on everything,visit the body farm. This man has more credentials than China has rice..There is info on everything they did.
Its really a good read, I go back now and then just to refresh. :seeya:

OM Goodness..On Vinnie Politan on HLN he and his guests are discussing explanations for chloroform in that trunk..hummmm DID they forget that Caylee swam and purportedly died in the Anthony pool..which DID NOT use Chlorine but another chemical altogether????..Geesh..I wish these TH's would do their homework :rocker:

And..rightfully so, at least Vinnie said.....BUT the DT's theory is Caylee wasnt even in that trunk...LOL..Me thinks DT went far too far in their opening statements...:twocents:

I guess I don't understand why they don't let them smell the cans. I mean they showed chromatograms, video tapes, pictures (visual evidence). They played tapes of phone calls (auditory evidence). Smell, touch and taste based evidence are out though?

It's kind of an interesting thought, actually.

It's a very interesting thought, I'm curious as well. I wonder if there's any jurisprudence regarding that. It's a great question for the lawyers thread.

---------------
Hi Turnadot. For a good run down on everything,visit the body farm. This man has more credentials than China has rice..There is info on everything they did.
Its really a good read, I go back now and then just to refresh. :seeya:
I was being facetious because Baez kept asking. Sorry I came off as serious. I love Dr Vass and respect his work very much!

OM Goodness..On Vinnie Politan on HLN he and his guests are discussing explanations for chloroform in that trunk..hummmm DID they forget that Caylee swam and purportedly died in the Anthony pool..which DID NOT use Chlorine but another chemical altogether????..Geesh..I wish these TH's would do their homework :rocker:

And..rightfully so, at least Vinnie said.....BUT the DT's theory is Caylee wasnt even in that trunk...LOL..Me thinks DT went far too far in their opening statements...:twocents:

The defense is cooked, thoroughly. They can't claim that George put the body in the trunk now because of the astronomical levels of chloroform. We know it did not come from the pool so that just leaves one person. surprise surprise.

Redundant lawyer is redundant.

I keep thinking of "Legally Blonde" where Reese Witherspoon keeps saying "you didn't hear the gunshot because you were in the shower washing your hair, you were washing your hair so you didn't hear the gunshot?" :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member