2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for crying out loud, JB needs to get Vass off the stand if he wants to salvage any defense he may have to offer.

Seriously!

Ok, back to sitting on my hands :)

??

Jurors giggling... So is Ashton. I missed the joke.by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:19 PM

eta:

Baez goes to board to write magnesium. He writs "mag" Vass says "close enough" jury chuckles. #CaseyAnthony -fellby cfnews13casey via twitter at 2:19 PM

That's it wrt the bluestar?

Hope JB is prepared to present an expert to testify that bluestar (or fabreeze) COULD affect the chemicals obtained from the air samples of the air inside the car. Otherwise...I'm going to trust Dr. Vass when he says he doesn't believe either would affect the tests.

JB has write (spell ) it himself.....sitting on my hands

Casey had to stifle back a smile, when JB said, "Close enough", as he abbreviated the word magnesium, as "mag" on his white board.

JB needs Dr. Vass to write them because he does not know how to spell them....LOL

Did Casey shake her head and say/mouth "wow" when JB couldn't/didn't spell out magnesium? LOL

Calcium
Sodium
and
I-o-r-n = Iron

I think Baez's visual aids are visually painful to watch.

LOL

Actually I think this is the best point JB has made so far.

He corrected for squirrel and control trunk, etc - not febreze or bluestar - in his analyses.

Observation of fact: Baez couldn't spell magnesium so he abbreviated it mag. and Dr. Vass said: "Close enough" then he scratched out iron because he also spelled that wrong but he got it right on the second try.

I am sorry . I have been good.
BUT CARBON JB??

Biology 101 folks. WE as humans are carbon based. DUH.

on to papertowels and adipocere or what dr vass calls 'fatty acids' per JB

JB writing fatty acids on large board

Baez: "And AGAIN you are not a chemist!?"

How many times IS that now?

5,000.........IMO
And if only he would say 'somebody is not a lawy--....fill in the blanks. Oh my word.

Seriously, are the people in the courtroom falling asleep?

Dr V is over the "you're not a chemist" thing. I think he's over JB, period.

KB and BS on wftv.com
KB - JB trying to show Dr Vass is greedy
BS - Dr Vass handling questions better this time than at frye hearing
This is a man of science, research person, 1st time he has to testify in court
Defense has legitimate right to ask these questions

JB: you are required to file financial disclosure - when you filed report in this case did you disclose whether or not you had financial interest with the database
Dr Vass: did not disclose it (to SA)
JB: diff research lab and forensic lab - Research not required protocols
Dr Vass: sometimes depends on what you are doing -
JB: titles of you records had to do with buried - nothing in writing tells you what procedure to to when
Dr Vass: if you want to replicate - listed in those studies

JB: another thing in research labs - no quality control
Dr Vass: have controls

JB:do you have anything in this case showing you took steps to prevent contamination
Dr Vass: in bench notes
JB: we will go into that in a minute

??

Jurors giggling... So is Ashton. I missed the joke.by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:19 PM
The word was magnesium and JB shortened it to mag,presumably because he couldn't spell it.

JB to Vass: Repeat after me, "I am not a chemist. I am not a chemist. I am not a chemist." And....he's out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3