2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court reporter looked EXTREMELY angry at yet another sidebar...

Hey, JB...what about the odor of the decomposing 3yr old body in Casey's car? Would you like to ask Dr. Vass about that, please?

Baez seems to think that everyone in the world is as money and fame hungry as he and his client are. Bah.. The guy is a complete <modsnip>!

:giggle:

Since so many are sitting on your hands, I am picturing alot of toe typers! :giggle:

Ok, so JB, let's just say that your premise is right and Vass stands to gain $$$ from this device. Does that in any way change his findings???? Yeah, um, no didn't think so.

Move on ...

Whatta h? In your CV it says that you had submitted other patents... but you didn't disclose that...

Isn't it disclosure if it's in his CV?

Why is JB questioning? It should be DS no?
Among the many reasons Baez will lose this case is that he IS NOT RELYING ON HIS TEAM, and using their expertise and experience. He is relying on "his" ?????expertise and experience.....??? of which he has very little. He is just not that smart to figure out his arrogance and love of the limelight just continue to show him for the buffoon that he is. Painful

So, according to Baez, Dr. Vass is lying in order to sell some device to police departments? What?? (Keyboard is now unplugged)

It's a legitimate for the DT to put it to the Scientist that he has a conflict of interest.

In my research department at a major University, when our research scientists invent something, the University files a patent, which lists the scientist (s) as the inventor. A small portion of the royalities are provided to the inventor based on the usage of the patents. The University takes the majority of the money. These research scientists are interested in science for the greater public knowledge. They aren't looking to make $ off it. At my University, they pretty much just want to support their students and further science as a whole.

I'm the inventor on several patents and I don't get a dime. The lab pays the patent fees and holds the patent. We just get to list it on our CV! Can I come work at your Uni?! lol

BAM! There goes "Dr. Vass invents for profit" Defense.

When I train new employees on the timecard system, the first thing I jokingly say is, "If any of you are working here for free, you can leave now if you'd like,"

In six years I haven't yet had anyone leave that class. Hmmm..

JB asked the witness if he had a financial interest in the case.

His work on this case was voluntary IIRC ,but maybe some financial interest in the detection instrumentation, but if he does it came from his own work, not selling a dead child's photos to Media for over $200K

the poor court reporter should move her seat next to sidebar so she won't be popping up and down like a pop-tart

Any idiot can plainly see how passionate Dr.Vass is when it comes to his work. If JB is trying to imply Dr. Vass created this machine, and used this machine on this evidence, in order to generate income, JB is falling flat on his face.

:maddening: Just got here...... SITTING on my "paws" and chugging coffee!

HOW long has this been going on....I assume (yeah, with ALL its implications!) that this is direct cross since the effort seems to be..follow the $$$$$$$$ regarding Dr. Vass

Bill S: JB has legitimate ground for inquiry; wise>lawyers don't debate scientists...

I imagine these jurors are thinking that it would be wonderful for LE to have a new tool to help them find bodies. Seriously, this line of questioning is out of line. As a lay person, I would welcome anything that could help assist LE in finding missing persons, and finding bodies that have been illegally buried.

I don't think for one second that money makes a difference here, after all, Dr. Vass did not ask to come on this case, he was called upon.

Last time we knew JB it is ok to make a living in the US of A. What a weak line of questioning DT is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela