2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11to56c.jpg

One juror (11) is leaning forward in his chair as Vass testifies. But this isn't new for him. He doe this quite a bit. #CaseyAnthony -fell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:40 AM

I wonder why Baez is talking so animatedly this morning instead of listening to Vass??? He doesn't even appear to be listening to see what he is up against. Its like he has his shoddy questions already to go to Vass. I think he is trying to get the jury to look at him instead of Dr. Vass.

I think you're right. He's also trying desperately to telegraph to the jury that the DT can't be bothered to pay attention to this "unimportant" witness (and that therefore the jury shouldn't either). IMO.

Casey is very telling! If you were innocent or it was a accident, wouldnt you be beside yourself thinking about your babies body decomposing? I had to identify a hanging victim and it has never left my mind in all these years. I know the jurors have to see this side of her. moo

And be thinking OMG! Dad used MY car to transport Caylee!

Roadkill expert too! LOVE IT! Human decomp is way different than animals.

So no squirrels.

says he has looked at dead deer, dogs, cats, pigs

and says that the odor of human decomp is different. animals are muskier..

Odor of human decomposition is different from t odor of animal decomposition.

WESH just zoomed out to include JB. Guess they decided his antics are more entertaining that stone cold ICA. Oops nvmd back on the statue.

Followed 50 individuals from start to finish. Fresh when bodies came in straight through to decompositon.

Is odor of decomp unique?

YES.

Does your literature and that of others talk of uniqueness of the smell of decomp?

Short answer: Yes.

Of course it's unique. I may be dumbing it down, but is anyone here NCIS fan? Remember that episode when Tony drops down on his knees and immediatly recognize the smell of pee on the carpet? Pee has a very distinct smell. Vanilla oil has a unique smell. Cocos have a unique smell. Everything a has a unique smell. Why not human decomposition? I assume someone who's been around decomposing bodies is able to recognize the smell just as I can recognize the smell of vanilla on someone else.

Did Baez just say damn, under his breath, after the last objection was overruled?

Dr Vass is a good reminder for the jury that people do get murdered, and in sufficient quantities that a lot of people devote their lives to solving the crimes. The idea that Caylee could have been deliberately killed instead of dying accidentally is being calmly reinforced by Dr Vass's testimony.

Do you have experience with animal decomp?

Yes.

We deal with roadkill. dogs, cats etc.

JA: "What is the one environmental, if there is one, what is the most important environmental factor in the time that that process takes? Whether it's faster or slower?"
Dr. Vass: "There are 4 processes that are important in the rate of decomposition. Temperature is the most important. The 2nd is the presence of water, the water can come from the environment, it can come from inside the body...humidity, things of that nature. The 3rd is PH, PH is essentially a measure of whether something is acidic or basic there is a PH scale which runs from essentially 0-14, 7 being neutral. Above 7, it's alkaline or basic. Below 7, it's acidic. Surface or aerobic decomposition, that's decomposition in an oxygen type of environment like if the body is just lying on the surface, typically is very alkaline, high PH. Burials or anaerobic type of decompositional events tend to be very acidic. Like a burial situation or if you're wrapped in something that you can't have a lot of oxygen exchange. And the 4th major component is the presence of oxygen. Again, aerobic is much more rapid than anaerobic which is lack of oxygen. So those 4 major parameters affect the rate and completeness of the decompositional process. Temperature, being most important."
JA: "In that respect, would higher temperature accelerate decomposition?"
Dr. Vass: "That is correct."
JA: "Lower temperature might make is slower..."
Dr. Vass: "That is correct."

JB: Objection

HHJP: Overruled

JA: Go on (said like 'pay him no mind'

lol!

Maybe someone should send ICA a subscription to AJFS. :giggle:

saying that barometric pressure and rainfall also affect chemical concentration from clandestine graves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid