2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EEEEEEEEEkkkkkk...JB is going to be in trouble now!!!

Voir Dire exam by JB of Dr. Vass.

He is not a physicist. Dr. Martin did the LIBS. The procedure is well established.

Jury sent out

HHJP not liking this - out goes the jury.

Here comes the spanking for Baez. BAM!

Dr. Vass - LIBS - lasar induced breakdown spectroscopy....non-destructive techniques...don't destroy carpet.....libs works uses .....witness not a physist object ovrrule

LIBS - laser based technique -laser beam YAG creates green light.....(going to fast - get excited when he knows something Dr. V apologises)

cyrstal matrix- YAG yitrium aluminum garnet

laser directed onto carpet - elements composed of atoms, neutron,electrons, ground state or excited state....laser creates excited state...laser shut off - electrons fall back back down to ground state and emit energy (object-out of area expert -overrule)

laser is turned off fall to ground state...energy produced during excitation released as photon of light picked up by fiber optic - spectrotometer to detect ...every element has characteristic light signature...

technique used on carpet ....not present when occurred .....used this data for eventual report....significance results of LIB.....organic and inorganic components....inorganic liberate when decomp occurs...elevated inorganic decomp event....calcium,soduium etc...non-destructive test to see if elements were in this sample as well as control sample.....
(difficult to hear JA away from mike)

object - outside area expertise - want to voir dire witness pertain to this item......may proceed.....HHBP - as to particular item..

JB - not a physisict....Dr. Modave Martin conducted this exam in charge of LIBS laser -- you are not allowed to touch it? (object sustained
have you ever utilized this instrument -
I have used lasers and laser qualified....I know procedure well established

JB -- you were not present - correct

everyone is standing -- must have pop tarted the jurors!

ahhh... I see JB doesn't want all the damning evidence to be heard under one person. He's trying very hard to break up his testimony. He wants each person to come in.

HHJP removing jury.

Why is it cross already? Vass isn't done yet is he?

OK everybody, stay calm here! Sit on those fingers and check yourself before you post!

Is JB serious...ugh, his approach to everything..is so disrespectful.

HHJP removes the jury.

Oh man, you just could not write this stuff! Can't wait to see the tongue lashing he give JB.

Oh boy, JB you have done it now....you are about to get slapped into next week.

I also think ICA is looking bored because she is. I think she believes even if she is convicted they will appeal and she will be safe for another 3,5 or 10 years. I think she likes jail and she has made it her own little fantasy camelot. jmo

But she will be in a different environment in prison, some of the inmates may not like child killers....

The angrier and more offensive JB gets, the more scared he is. You can absolutely tell from the tone of his voice. And does he sound ANGRY.

Is HHJBP about to smack JB down?

Jury's out... Casey is relaxing her facial muscles. Must feel good.

What happened? Sudden removal of the jury?

Vass just put his hand in his mouth. Literally.by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 10:28 AM

Baez excited, seizes the opportunity to school someone (else for a change) on court proceedings.
JB: *helpful* "You're not allowed to answer..." (to Dr. Vass after JA objected)

Jose has tried to get Dr. Vass testimony thrown out since he heard about it. I don't know why he is still trying, the judge has overruled all his motions pertaining to his testimony. He needs to stop or the jury is going to think he is afraid of his theory. I have personal experience with lasers, and they pick up particles in the air, that can't be seen with the naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018