2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man does HHJP sound like JB has just grated on his last nerve.

Oooh, my blood pressure is rising. Stay strong, Dr. Vass! Don't let that very unusual person get to you!

ETA: oh carp. In the time it took me to type this, the jury was removed! Get 'im, HHJP!

Smack down time once again. We are schooling the defense. Good Lord.

Baez about to get a verbal smack down? Does Perry send the jury out in the middle of testimony like that when not debating an objection very often?

This might be age-discrimination because I'm from the facebook-generation (lol), but I'm kind of worried about the jurors above 60+, whom if I recall don't own/use a computer very often. I hope they're able to follow all this and not get irritated with all the technological and statistical, scientific talk.

Oh, I dunno...I'm a geezer and I'm following it pretty well. Plus, I LOVE Dr. Vass!
;)

It looked like HHJP had to take a deep breath himself to keep from losing his temper.

He's so had it with the DT.

Welcome everyone to Belvin Perry's "How to be a Lawyer" !!!

Jose Baez is absolutely petulant.[B][/B] He needs to get a grip and act like a defense attorney rather than an annoyed child.

BBM He is acting worse than that. He's acting like the complete <modsnip> he is. I wonder how he sleeps at night? I really like this witness and I'm tired of all the objections too.

One thing that has always amazed me; KC is fighting so hard for her life, and I can't understand, after what she did to Caylee, she would even want to live.

It is clear to me that the witness is very knowledgeable about what he's talking about so when JB constantly objects that he doesn't know anything whatsoever he succeeds in only annoying me.

Oh sweetie, not to worry. I am in that age group and I am following it very very well.

But the juror didn't even OWN a computer. Which is just.. incomprehensible. J/K :crazy: I guess, I'm prejudiced, my mom can't even text.

It appears that HHJBP has anticipated JB's multiple objections so much that he's brought along case law so he can school JB. JMO

Can someone explain how JB is allowed to "voir dire" Dr Vass? I thought he had ample time to do this at the Frye hearing?

If I were on this jury, I'd be ticked off at being removed at this point. It's like watching a compelling movie and the phone keeps ringing.

OMG!! Baez is going to have his behind handed to him now.

Judge Perry is NOT happy.

Baez is going to further alienate himself and his client by his cross examinations. He needs to do it to give her a fair trial but he needs to do it purposefully and he need to be professional.

He's acting like a bully on a playground. He will NOT discredit this fantastic witness. He is a VERY knowledgable witness.

:sigh:

Once AGAIN if I am on the jury, I am taking note of how badly the DT does not want this evidence and testimony to come in!

can someone explain what is happening in dummy terms??? how is jb questioning him now??? voir dire in the middle of testimony????

This is not the cross exam, judge allowing JB to Voir Dire Vass on the LIBS procedure.

Judge not happy with the voir dire. Must educate counsel.

"So to be abundantly clear, expert witness are able to rely on reports of others' opinions." JJHBP to JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018