2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
images

HHJP: Expert witnesses are allowed to rely on other's reports to support their opinions. YES!

Mr. Baez, I was under the impression that you wanted to attack some methodology, and that was where you were going with your questions. So to be abundantly clear, expert witnesses ARE able to rely on reports when forming their opinions.

[so pleeeeease stop objecting every 10 seconds...] -- ami's opinion...

OMG!! Baez is going to have his behind handed to him now.

Judge Perry is NOT happy.

Baez is going to further alienate himself and his client by his cross examinations. He needs to do it to give her a fair trial but he needs to do it purposefully and he need to be professional.

He's acting like a bully on a playground. He will NOT discredit this fantastic witness. He is a VERY knowledgable witness.

:butthead: :whip:

Well now, wasn't this a fun little episode to come upon when I finally manage to get here this morning.

It's been a weird enough morning, but now I feel like I've stepped thru a wormhole back to the Fry hearings.

and GOOD Morning!
/end threadjack

Jury out.

HHBP - 97-04 of Florida evidence code - facts of data need not be admissible into evidence. Schwartz vs. state 1997 DCA decision.

HHBP thought JB wanted to attack some methodology. That is not where you were going with your questions. Expert witnesses are able to rely on report of others in formulating their opinions - even if the evidence may not be admissible.

HHBP to JB - you may continue your proffer so that we can see the point you were trying to make.

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Vass !!! Not only is he brilliant ... He has a very likable demeanor. He really knows how to explain all this scientific evidence in a way I think (hope) the jury can understand.

I think his enthusiasm speaks to his expertise as well----and you better bet the jury feels it too. He's likable & interesting, and JB won't let this nice, fascinating guy even talk.
I admit I'm biased, but he is ALIENATING that jury like nobody's business. IMO

LOVE IT!!! I thought you were going to question methodology. So is this a cross or a proffer?

Judge Perry educating JB, again. Oh, my.
"So we can see the point you were trying to make" roflol!

Baez must be getting on HHJP last nerve right now.

"Let's remove the jury" - HHJP

Now proceeding to school JB on the law.

"To be abundantly clear expert witnesses are able to rely on other expert's reports when rendering an opinion"

Mr. Baez I was under the impression that you wanted to attack methodology but that wasn't where your questions were going.

If you know where you're going you may proceed

Wow, such restraint and respect from HHJP when speaking to (not down to) JB. I really admire this judge.

He's reading here, now he said "Dr. Vass"

Once again HHJP has to school JB on law and courtroom procedure. HHJP sounds like he is getting frustrated.

31c79b95-0944-4291-9aaa-979488408bd6_300.jpg
Oops.

by Jeff Cousins/WESH.com at 11:31 AM

:)

To those of you reviewing this thread later, this guy knows his stuff!!!! His kind of excitable demeanor just adds (IMO) to how completely involved in his subject this man is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025