2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vass & box.

Attachments

• b21fa57b-aab3-4308-a416-6223f41ce7ca_300.jpg
    b21fa57b-aab3-4308-a416-6223f41ce7ca_300.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 45
Direct examination of Dr. Arpad Voss by JA - continued

First contacted in this case in 2008 by YM. He then began to receive items to exam.

First item was a metal evidence can. He dentified the box containing the can. JA cuts tape on box.

(Casey sitting there with a blank far away look on her face)

JA showed him the can in the box. He recognized as the can he was sent.

JB objected to can being entered into evidence as not having the proper chain of custody. HHBP looks at box and can.

Sidebar (#2)

I am looking forward to his description of analyzing the evidence. Damning testimony it will be. All of the body/no body talk about the trunk, and CA & GA denying it after the fact, won't matter now.

another sidebar as the box is opened with the air sample

If Dr. Vass is NOT an expert on decomp, who on Earth would be? JB looks desperate or crazy.

just wait, Baez's big points in the Frye hearing was that Dr. Vass wasn't a biologist or chemist(Baez didn't get that Vass is way beyond that), and that he didn't find the bodies at the Manson ranch because of years and years of weather/rain/runoff of the soil displaced the smells

Did you update the findings in the 2004 report with new info?

Yes, in 2008.

Dr. Vass is an declared an expert in his field (biochemistry of human decomposition) by SA. Baez objects. Oh brother.

Dr. Vass: "The ground is a living breathing entity, if you will...so, if a high pressure moves in, it pushes chemicals down into the ground. Can't detect them at the surface. It doesn't mean that they're not being generated by the body, it just means that the high pressure is pushing them down.." (Baez objects improper predicate)

I bet Jeannine Barret is taking notes on ICAs nonreactions to spin it during the mitigation testimony.

This is very interesting stuff! Not trying to be rude, but I sure wish someone other than JA was doing this though. The coughing is driving me crazy!!!!!!!

I understand ,but he's really the best at this stuff ! It's his area of expertise. JA is a trailblazer in this area,also.

Baez objecting to this exhibit - re chain of custody or something, but the look on Baez's face as he shifted sideways from foot to foot was priceless - I can't even begin to describe it - too funny. A must see. Judge examined the box.
Sidebar, of course.

Female jurors 12 and 13 also have a rapport and looked at each other when Vass cackled about the box.

by bobkealing via twitter at 7:05 AM

Dr. V recognizes can/label/initials (object - HHBP looks @ item)

HHBP - court reporter come over to sidebar....

IS reporting they believe can has carpet sample from kc trunk - critical moment......@ some point .....SA may want pass this around jury........DT doesn't want this.....IS says gross - must be all jurors or none of them........

Good Morning! Longtime Lurker....Does anyone else think that Casey is reading the CM's screen during the sidebars today?

JB is doing this on purpose!!
CURSING.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members