2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand ,but he's really the best at this stuff ! It's his area of expertise. JA is a trailblazer in this area,also.

Agree, I can put up with his dry cough - I would want no one BUT Jeff Ashton examining this witness. He is fabulous!

in one of the pretrial hearings both sides gave case law for the judge to consider about opening of the can... iirc he has not ruled...

I wonder what will happen???

Female jurors 12 and 13 also have a rapport and looked at each other when Vass cackled about the box.

by bobkealing via twitter at 7:05 AM

Do the jurors know they might potentially be smelling the cans or human decomp?

Wow, this is SO fascinating as so much of what he's talking about relates to the breakdown of waste in aquariums...what I deal with. The carbon, aerobic/anaerobic breakdown of wastes...same basic principals! He makes this so easy to understand. I like this guy!

Again, this is amazing stuff. If you put a dead snail in a box and three days later I smelled that box, I could tell you it was a dead snail. If you did the same thing with a coral, I could tell you it was a dead coral...and not a dead snail. There is definitely a difference in the smell of decaying tissue from one living organism to another.

#CaseyAnthony Female juror 15 just lobbed something to Mr. 11. Gum, mint-she's now smiling.

by bobkealing via twitter at 10:09 AM

Wondering... ( not seriously) if Casey took the stand would they be able to make her smell it and ask ...so is this the "squirrel" scent you claimed was "plastered to the frame of your car???

Good Morning! Longtime Lurker....Does anyone else think that Casey is reading the CM's screen during the sidebars today?

That is no problem - even we will eventually get to see what was said at sidebars.

I think they might get Dr. Vass to open the can and take a whiff. The can doesn't have to be smelled by the jury but if they open the can as close as that jury box is to the witness box the jury will be able to smell it.

I'm sure the DT is objecting to it being opened at all.

What was the first item you were sent Dr. V?

A metal evidence can.

Do you recognize the box?

No. (Dr. Vass laughs. Box is a mess.)

Ashton opening the box. hmmm. Taking a bit of time.

Showing contents to Dr. V ...

Recognize the metal can?

Yes.

Oh my gosh!!! About to open the cans?!?

break coming at quarter past the hour

Recess coming up at quarter past the hour.
HHJP letting Ashton know to get ready for it.

Some jurors are stretching their legs during this sidebar. #caseyanthony
by anthonycase via twitter at 7:08 AM

#CaseyAnthony Female juror 15 just lobbed something to Mr. 11. Gum, mint-she's now smiling.

by bobkealing via twitter at 7:09 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member