2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Poster here...found this place through Casey's trial and I've been obsessed... I have a question about the cans they just admitted into evidence. I've read that if the jury smells them they can be considered witnesses and it could mess up pros. case. Can anyone explain why it would make them witnesses but they can view all other evidence without being considered witnesses?

I love Dr. Vass...I watched some of his testimony during the Frye hearings and he really bothered Baez. lol. At one point Baez was trying to make his findings seem insignificant because there was some comparison with Caylee's body that where only 50-something components matched out of about 200-something. Baez was like "So out of 200-something, only 50-something were comparable?" And Vass said "Yah, considering the circumstances we were working with, that's pretty cool, huh??" I think Baez wanted to smack him...

Direct examination of Dr. Arpad Vass by JA continued

Can received in evidence as #114.

HHBP says break in 4 minutes.

He also received a plastic bag with an air sample from the trunk and fibers from Dr. Sigmond. He did not use the plastic bag, Dr. Marcus Wise did. Wasn't sure how this sample was collected, not by normal procedure. Doesn't recall results. Wasn't used in his opinion in this case.

He asked OSCO to take air samples from various parts of the car and garage. He sent them equipment to do this - an air pump used to collect air samples through TSTs (triple sorbant traps). This is what he used in his prior studies. Pump has two aquarium like pumps.

He received the tubes back from the OSCO. He identified the packaging the traps were sent to him in. JB examining the packaging. Entered into evidence with no objection as Exhibit 115-122.

15 minute recess to 10:40

Vass is laughing again..this guy is pretty fun for a guy who studies dead bodies!

by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 7:14 AM

Back row jurors far more expressive.

by bobkealing via twitter at 7:14 AM

Is it just me or is there some other underlying dynamic going on today between the DT or JB and HHJP. HHJP seems much much shorter with JB and the defense than previously. Short 1 or two word shoot downs. And little things that seem to flag that he is really upset with the defense. Note that whenever JB states that the defense renews its previously stated objections HHJP is no longer saying that he takes note of them. Just instructs JA to enter it into evidence. Is something going on there today? Some other super sekrit defense motion to remove the judge or something? Yet another move outside the legal bounds that has finally ticked off HHJP?

Dunno but both HHJP and JA certainly seem to be dismissive of JB today

received in evidence - DT has renewed previous objections

JA w/Dr. Vass......
in 4 min we will recess

receive an actual plastic bag w/air sample taken from trunk.....and spme fibers....Dr. Marcus Wise analysed that...(object- overrule) not sure how that particular sample collected not normal procedure........

air samples .... sent equipment air pump and triple sorbent traps (TST) .... same as used in studies described......portable pump....box size of shoe box w/2 aquarium air pumps in in it.....received back from OCSO tubes and triple sorbent traps......

show items....recognize packages initials on each of the packages.... items F - M

JB looks @ ea package.....no objections

time for morning recess 15 min.....til 20 minutes to the hour

15 minutes recess.
Court resumes @ 10:40 AM EDT

Uh YHJP .... that's 23 minutes!

I am so glad it is not me that has caused the annoyed look on HH's face.

Is it just me or is there some other underlying dynamic going on today between the DT or JB and HHJP. HHJP seems much much shorter with JB and the defense than previously. Short 1 or two word shoot downs. And little things that seem to flag that he is really upset with the defense. Note that whenever JB states that the defense renews its previously stated objections HHJP is no longer saying that he takes note of them. Just instructs JA to enter it into evidence. Is something going on there today? Some other super sekrit defense motion to remove the judge or something? Yet another move outside the legal bounds that has finally ticked off HHJP?

I noticed this on sat. when watching.. that the judge was seeming to get ticked at jb and the dt..
I noticed it at times the jury was out of the room.. the judge really seem just feed up with jb's antics.

New Poster here...found this place through Casey's trial and I've been obsessed... I have a question about the cans they just admitted into evidence. I've read that if the jury smells them they can be considered witnesses and it could mess up pros. case. Can anyone explain why it would make them witnesses but they can view all other evidence without being considered witnesses?

I love Dr. Vass...I watched some of his testimony during the Frye hearings and he really bothered Baez. lol. At one point Baez was trying to make his findings seem insignificant because there was some comparison with Caylee's body that where only 50-something components matched out of about 200-something. Baez was like "So out of 200-something, only 50-something were comparable?" And Vass said "Yah, considering the circumstances we were working with, that's pretty cool, huh??" I think Baez wanted to smack him...

I'll take a stab at it........because they would not be looking at it, they would be smelling it and that could be subjective?

I agree with your assessment that the dynamic seems to have changed today. HHJP seems extremely annoyed today. Remember that there are always chamber discussions that the public are not privy to knowing or hearing about.

Is this the proverbial "can of whoop arse" about to be opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018