UK - 4 children died in house fire, 27YO woman arrested, Sutton, 16 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What are those entry level grades named ,what are the required admittances ?
I am having an issue because verbiage is different ,and I tend to rely on what I think I know.
as someone from the UK who regularly comments on American trials I know that translating between British and American English can be a lot harder than it looks.

My best attempt would be:
Nursery = kindergarten
Reception = 1st Grade Elementary

Based on the boys ages I would say Leyton and Logan were in Nursery. Bryson and Kyson were in Reception.

JMO

What are those entry level grades named ,what are the required admittances ?
I am having an issue because verbiage is different ,and I tend to rely on what I think I know.
All children enter reception in the September after their 4 th birthday.
Children get government funding to go to nursery when they are 3.

All children enter reception in the September after their 4 th birthday.
Children get government funding to go to nursery when they are 3.
In my state and the states where my cousins and nephews live in the US (4 total), children do get free school at 4, can qualify for free school at 3 (with a developmental delay or financial need), but it is not mandatory to attend every day until 6.

Meaning, a mother could take the children out without getting charged with neglect or truancy or needing to prove she is homeschooling. So teachers would not immediately become concerned or have the authority to call protective services based solely on the fact that they missed 3 weeks of school.

It is common here for parents I work with (often with mental and/or addiction struggles) to have their 3-year-olds miss school for extended periods. In ideal cases, we work with the family to improve routines so the kids can get to school, but until 6, there’s nothing punitive that can be done.

My own opinion/experience

[...]

Ms Lumsdon said: “Evidence from the paternal family and the children’s schools indicates that Ms Rose was considered to be a good mother and kept her children clean and tidy. However, there were concerns.”

Sally Johnson, the children’s paternal great-grandmother, said Ms Rose had stopped letting her go any further into the house than the front room and would tell her to go to a local shop to use the toilet.

The children’s paternal grandmother said Ms Rose was “cagey” about letting her into the house so she had not visited for a year before the fire, the court heard.

[...]

The boys had not been to school for three months before the fire, but teachers did not think this was unusual because of Covid, the court heard.

Ms Rose went to the school on the day of the fire to collect some Christmas presents for the children. She went to Sainsbury’s with the children at 2pm.

[...]

Ms Lumsdon said: “CCTV shows that Ms Rose went to Sainsbury’s again, this time alone, at around 7pm. The items purchased are non-essential items.”

Most children start full time school in reception, on the September after their fourth birthday. But, compulsory school age is the term after they turn five, so if they turn five in April, May, June,July or August, then they actually don’t have to start school until the following year.

Also, am I the only one thinking maybe she started the fire on purpose? My opinion only and obviously, impossible to prove. Either way, it was a horrendous end for those poor boys.

Most children start full time school in reception, on the September after their fourth birthday. But, compulsory school age is the term after they turn five, so if they turn five in April, May, June,July or August, then they actually don’t have to start school until the following year.

Also, am I the only one thinking maybe she started the fire on purpose? My opinion only and obviously, impossible to prove. Either way, it was a horrendous end for those poor boys.
You’re not the only one. I wondered the same as saw mentioned there were tea lights cigarettes and jos sticks as well as rubbish knee deep. Why on earth would you need to go to Sainsbury’s and be missing for several hours anyway get a delivery
I’m sure it wouldn’t be impossible for a fire investigator to prove

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back