2011.06.07 Sidebar (Trial Day Twelve)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noobie here. Can no longer sit on my hands and observe...
The addiction to justice for Caylee is overwhelming. You guys are awesome!

This may have been discussed in the past, just thought I would throw it out there. Bear with me.
The dog hit in the backyard...GA/CA cleaned out the trunk, potentially with a wet vac of some sort. When I have buckets of water with cleaning agents, outside, I have locations in my yard I may dump this liquid, away from any small vegetation, but sometimes in a grassy area. Testimony has not yet been presented to this fact(?) But, isn't it possible the wet vac contents were dumped in the yard near Caylee's play area? This would leave a surface residue on decomp material (from the trunk) on the ground. The dog hit on it. Next day it was disturbed by the forensics team/scraped. The liquid did not seep far enough into the soil for the dog to respond the next day - it was scattered or removed.

If Caylee had drowned in the pool as the defense claims there would be no evidence in the yard. The remains would not have been there long enough for decomp.
IMO
IMO.

WELCOME!

You're reasoning is spot on - the police examined a variety of wet and dry vacs from the Anthony home including a spot bot. That was the last we heard of it so that possibility kind of gave way to others - it could be as simple as something that was in the trunk or car with Caylee laid upon the ground for a short time.... Only one person knows and she's busy with her law career right now:innocent:

I am curious as well... mountainKat... what say you as the mock juror on today's goings on?

what did you think of the chloroform on the solid items found by the chemist even tho they were shipped in boxes where the chloroform could quickly evaporate but was still detected?

This may have been discussed in the past, just thought I would throw it out there. Bear with me.
The dog hit in the backyard...GA/CA cleaned out the trunk, potentially with a wet vac of some sort. When I have buckets of water with cleaning agents, outside, I have locations in my yard I may dump this liquid, away from any small vegetation, but sometimes in a grassy area. Testimony has not yet been presented to this fact(?) But, isn't it possible the wet vac contents were dumped in the yard near Caylee's play area? This would leave a surface residue on decomp material (from the trunk) on the ground. The dog hit on it. Next day it was disturbed by the forensics team/scraped. The liquid did not seep far enough into the soil for the dog to respond the next day - it was scattered or removed.

If Caylee had drowned in the pool as the defense claims there would be no evidence in the yard. The remains would not have been there long enough for decomp.
IMO
IMO.
You are absolutely brilliant! I've been watching since early August 2008 and that never occurred to me. I just felt another piece of the puzzle snap into place! That means Caylee probably died off the property. OMG! This is so big!!!!! Welcome!

upthread someone asked about the duct tape....that is one incredible thread with some phenomenal work done by our very own WS'rs...complete with graphics of placement on a model, matching up the end threads on the duct tape to the order in which they were placed on the body....

another poster upthread (sorry I didn't quote them) asked about the theory of the dumping of carpet shampooer out on the lawn....there are numerous posts on the hits in the back yard where this very issue was speculated nearly 3 years ago....

I am continually amazed at how much the unfolding of the testimony is putting together the missing bits and pieces that we knew but could not confirm.....Wow....such talent resides here!

come on Kat.. let it all out.. this is the decompression and decontamination thread... just no outright bashing...

vent away Kat!:woohoo:

Okay then...I think he's an<modsnip> idiot. I really truly do.

(Hmmm, that DOES feel good! Thanks, Nursie.)

Normally, when I'm not watching this trial, hubby and I listen to a Los Angeles talk show radio station as we do yard work in the afternoons. Hubby has the radio on, and whenever there's been a break today I've gone out to the patio.

The talk show host is talking about the Casey Anthony case today and doing an excellent background of all that happened. He's been quoting Bill Shaefer and Mark Nejame. He's discussed the "party pictures" and all the lies. He just got finished doing a background on JB - how many times he failed to pass the bar exam, had only been an attorney for 3 years prior to this case, and more importantly..........how JB has some seasoned trial veterans on the DT but is not letting them help. He's doing all the cross exams himself and not doing a good job.

bbm
I am not sure he failed the Exam he did pass Law school BUT It has been reported that Baez was not admitted to the Florida Bar to practice law in Florida for many years...and on appeal the Florida Supreme Court agreed with the decision.
Baez was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2005

just listening to several tragedies and clicked in here the proceedings in Orange county-having that K-9 sheriff and deputy sheriff to testify his tolerance was rudely tested as JB endeavored to make a mockery of what the best dogs on earth can do! I was so astonished to see ICA in a modicum of attention as opposed to her usual center stage performance.

JMHO (just my humble opinion).

Thanks to the WS angels on earth that are doing what only kindred spirits can do

Does anyone have a screen shot or description of ICA when the officer pointed out the area near the playhouse as the place the K9 alerted.? TIA

--kc reacting to the "final alert spot" in the yard--
finalalert.jpg

The mock juror is wondering why a mother, whose child accidentally drown, would drive around with this child's decomposing body in the trunk of her vehicle?

The mock juror is also wondering why a mother who murdered her child might drive around with this child's decomposing body in her vehicle.

The mock juror is thinking this mother was VERY immature. Thought she might delay dealing with reality by simply ignoring it. Then the mock juror remembers the hotbody contest, the movie rental on the day this mother claims the child drown, the day spent in bed with boyfriend...and the mock juror begins to think this mother MIGHT be so immature that she finds the solution to the burden of a child something as simple as making the child disappear. Without consequences.

The mock juror leaves court today disturbed and deep in thought.

(P.S. The mock juror is probably getting on everyone's nerves now, so this may be her last post.) ;)
I'm with you,except for the immature = murder child part. There's more than immaturity here,IMO
. Plenty of immature women have kids ,but they don't think the solution to the burden is murder.

What does the mock juror think about the DT fighting the obvious decomp in the trunk ? :waitasec:

IMO
IMO.

:welcome5:

Great Post!!!!!

BBM I was thinking that today...Gerus alerts to decompostion...Baez said George was standing holding a dead Caylee in his arms (iirc wrapped in a blanket)...so how would the dogs alert to decomp..

upthread someone asked about the duct tape....that is one incredible thread with some phenomenal work done by our very own WS'rs...complete with graphics of placement on a model, matching up the end threads on the duct tape to the order in which they were placed on the body....

I really want to read that thread...but I never seem to be3 able to find things here (I'm sure it's me, btw). Could someone please direct me to the duct tape thread, or, how to find it myself.

I feel like a dope, sorry. Thanks in advance!

IMO
IMO.

:welcome: egnarts :greetings:

Good post. I think it's very possible decomp residue like vac water got into the ground. I also can see how Caylee was placed out there the day ICA borrowed the shovel.

Personally, I do not believe Caylee drown in the pool.

finalalert.jpg

She was curious whether the dog alerted on the right spot. Remember that she KNOWS the places she laid Caylee on the ground!

I didnt hear him say the dog was not properly trained.

I heard him question how does one know if a hit is false if nothing is found? The answer can only be one , You dont.

And that was all he needed.

I dont believe his was trying to imply the dog was not trained. He was trying to imply the car hit was false and laying a road for the jury to question. A better lawyer may have been able to pull off the tactic ,it would of course take someone who isnt as baez as Jose is.

This morning started out well for Jose. He was nice to the witness and polite.

The state setting up all the ground work for the video was over kill IMO. I think to the jury the state might seem over eager to shut Baez up. At one point this morning LKB seems to almost fall on the desk when objecting to something. The SA has stopped Baez from asking or getting some very interesting answers and I dont think that reflects well for them sometimes.
They have the benefit of public trust and information that makes since and can pretty much lay out whatever they want so to the jury it might seems as they are limiting what Baez can say on purpose,and I have been watching Baez use that "defeated " act to his advantage. He stages something he knows will lead to an objection when the questions get interesting and then he will rephase it improper a few times and quit and sit down. Leaving the jury wondering why he wasnt allowed to ask that and why the state wouldnt let him ask. All my opinion.

I have watched this also. I think that tactic works if used sparingly, but if I was a juror and heard day after day of Jose being overruled and the states objections sustained I would really be thinking this guy does not know the law.

I am curious as well... mountainKat... what say you as the mock juror on today's goings on?

what did you think of the chloroform on the solid items found by the chemist even tho they were shipped in boxes where the chloroform could quickly evaporate but was still detected?

The mock juror had a very difficult time following Dr. R's testimony. Found very little he had to say of interest, to be quite honest. Chloroform was present, it was detected, small ammounts of residue, not the same as what you would find in say an air sample, blah blah blah. The mock juror did not think Dr. R gave any evidence that really helped either side. A wash, if you will.

HOWEVER, Dr. R's testimony did make the mock juror recall Dr. V's testimony several times. The mock juror LOVES and TRUSTS Dr. Vass. Thinks he is a brainiac. If Dr. Vass says the amount of chloroform detected in the air sample was "shocking", the mock juror believes him.

Thanks for asking. :)

finalalert.jpg

I just noticed the large umbrella there at the alert spot. I wonder if that area was chosen to lay Caylee's body so that the umbrella could be opened for privacy from all the neighbors' windows.

I'm with you,except for the immature = murder child part. There's more than immaturity here,IMO
. Plenty of immature women have kids ,but they don't think the solution to the burden is murder.

What does the mock juror think about the DT fighting the obvious decomp in the trunk ? :waitasec:

The mock juror thinks the defense has tried to be slick by not locking into a definitive theory with respect to what happened to Caylee. The mock juror also believes this is a HUGE mistake, because the defense now has no focus. Dogs running around chasing their own tails. LOTS of confusion. The mock juror needs to hear a believable story from the defense, the defense is not delivering. Not by a LONG shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485