2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB objects to Gerus training records as hearsay.

Is that because Gerus told Jason Forgey that they were his records, but we won't hear Gerus say they are his? :waitasec:

Ms. Burdick for the record will you ask him a few more questions about what this exhibit contains? HHJB

Read that as....then JB will stop objecting.

CFNews13Casey

Judge Perry asks jury how their "outing" was for lunch. They in unison say thank you. #CaseyAnthony -fell
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

Is ICA typing? She fancies herself the dog expert.

JB is objecting on heresay????

Technically it is. Statement offered through a witness which is not the declarant for the truth of the matter asserted. I also think it is bordering upon a leading question with the way the SA is offering it. However, I don't know the exact intracacy of trial practice in the US.

What was the second objection?

Viewpoint taken from a wesh tweet:

My take: state has done quite a bit so far to paint Casey into a corner... but the key will be proving pre-meditated murder. Has testimony shown her to be a liar? I think so. But it's the murder charge that's the key here. They need to prove that for a conviction, not just that she's a bad person.

I don't agree, it's clear she was responsible for the death of her child be it accidental, murder or premeditated murder. The jury just has to figure out what she has done then apply anything from time served to DP, she will be convicted of something, I don't think it will be the DP though.

I think it would be hilarious if JB brings up the manual again......the jury would LOVE the part where Jason Forgey says this case occurred BEFORE the manual.

Casey no longer paying any attention at all, she looks up briefly to check that the trial is still going, but since we returned she is like this, head down in organizing papers.

Attachments

• whocaresparalegal.jpg
    whocaresparalegal.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 51
On the other hand, this was a computer used by several people in the Anthony home. Hard to attach that, with certainty, to ICA. Although, if the state makes that part of a believable story (along with all the other evidence pointing to the same conclusion), it would still be pretty powerful circumstantial evidence, imo.

You bet MK - the computer forensics is powerful but NOT a slam dunk in terms of PROVING that it was ICA doing those searches. Anyone who understands the innermost workings of computers and OS knows this..

Darn, I was hoping she was changing her mind and going to beg for plea deal...

She might could beg for a deal but State took the "deals" off the table when Caylee remains were found.

I think the State has enough to prove that ICA is the murderer that she is and will not bend what-so-ever. As a tax payer of Florida I would be too PO'd if they did.

bobkealing

#CaseyAnthony Just waited in the hall with the Sheriffs computer forensics team. Not sure Iif they'll get to the stand today.
7 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

ICA still very busy flipping through a folder.

That must be the one marked "Gerus" that she flipped backward through at the Frye Hearing, and pulled one out and handed it to someone on her team. The cadaver dogs must have been her part of the DT duties.

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
@bobkealing What is point of challenging dog alert if #CaseyAnthony defense admits #Caylee died in backyard? Im just Saying!?

bumping up... also remember to read the rulz above and thank the opening posts. keep your posts on topic of what is going on in the courtroom and take other chit chat to threads that it pertains to. Thanks so much :)

bumping up

Sometimes I wonder if Casey knows that SHE is on trial here.
I was just thinking the same thing. Watching her right now with her head down going through a binder or whatever it is she's got on the table. At one point she had it down on her lap so her head was even further down... I don't think she's paying any attention to what is going on...

It makes me want to yell at her or slap her upside the head to make her pay attention to the trial.. After all, it is all about HER, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1