2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would he test the items in the trash bag for DNA, Jose? Am I missing something here? Did he think Kronk or George's fingerprints would be in the trash bag and what would that prove, that George or Kronk broke into Tony's apartment to get a bag of trash to mask the smell in the car? OMG! He is driving me CRAZY!

Saliva and Semen - note the two wet dna substances identified by JB - I'm not sure where he's going with this, but I would expect it to include, area 51, the grassy knoll, and twin towers...

I'm surprised he hasn't gone on a tirade saying he objects to this whole trial!

5000 posts!

:party:

I am going to use this special post to invite all our guests to sign up and hop on board our crazy train here at Websleuths!
:rollercoaster::welcome2:

Bloise doesn't remember if there was bug larvae on items. #caseyanthony -fell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 6:48 AM

#CaseyAnthony State-keeping trash moist can make it succeptible to mold.
by bobkealing via twitter at 6:48 AM

I don't know why someone would even think of putting a bag of trash in the trunk of their car. Makes no sense. When I was in college some people would put their trash bags on the TOP of their hood or trunk to drive it to the apartment dumpster. I never saw anyone put the trash bags in the trunk of their car.

Yep, when I lived in an apartment people did the same thing..put it on the trunk. Personally I just walked it over but...

A quick question which has been bothering me. There are alternate jurors, but how are they watching the case? Surely they have to follow the case because they could be called at any time, right?

The jurors don't know who the alternates are yet. That way they all pay attention.

Cross Examination of CSI Bloise by JB

Trash was wet. He put it in a dry room. After they came out of the dry room, they were dry.

He was shown Defense Exhibit C which included photos of the trash (Exhibits 133 and 128). this was published to the Jury.

These 2 photos look completely different as a result of the dry room.

His inventory was done after the items came out of the dry room.

When he received it, it was treated as evidence. He had no idea at that time that it would become a disputed item in this case, and it was not his intent to destroy evidence.

Objection by LDB as to destruction of evidence. Objection sustained.

When he received the trash, he proceeded to preserve it in a dry form. He had no idea that it would alter the evidence.

Objection by LDB as to asked and answered - overruled.

He preserved the evidence, photographed it - normal procedure.

JB - no one is accusing him of altering evidence.

Objection by LDB that there was any alteration of evidence. (didn't hear HHBP's ruling)

He was shown Exhibit 130 (photo of paper towels in bag). They were at one time moist, then placed in dry room, and then they were dry. He then put them in a plastic bag.

If items need to be tested for DNA, they should not be placed in plastic bag.

Objection by LDB - sustained.

He anticipated it was important enough evidence to be separated. He inspected them very well and he did not see any forensic value such as blood or body fluid that would need to be tested for DNA. He agreed you can't test blood for DNA.

Objection by LDB

JB - object to speaking objection.

HHBP - next question

DNA can be obtained from semen.

It was never his intention to alter or destroy evidence.

Objection by LDB to form of question - sustained.

It was not your intention to destroy

Objection by LDB - sustained, he's been asked that question a couple times.

REDIRECT exam by LDB

Evidence is dried as a part of protocol because it is a better condition to inspect.

If an item is wet, it can become moldy.

Protocol requires items to be packaged in a form where they can breathe - paper.

Carpet removed from car was also dry.

He didn't remember if the paper towels contained bug larva.

RECROSS BY JB

Protocol calls for drying evidence. He doesn't recall if air samples were taken of the dry garbage.

Objection by LDB - Overruled.

LDB mentioned insect larva on the trash - he didn't recall that. Can you collect DNA from insect larva.

Objection - outside of witness... - sustained

You are aware that DNA....

Objection - sustained

Witness excused.

A quick question which has been bothering me. There are alternate jurors, but how are they watching the case? Surely they have to follow the case because they could be called at any time, right?

They don't know who the alternates are - just us ;-)

JB w/GB

showing 2 photos to GB - these 2 photos look different because after going into dry room....you had no idea that this would become critical item in this case....not your intention to destroy anything ....no.....when you destroyed...object-sustained

preserve it in dry form.....no idea it would alter items in significant way....object-overrule...I didn't destroy evidence - evidence is there.....normal procedure.....

JB no one is accusing you of destroying evidence.......you had no idea....object-no evidence of alteration.....

JB - was it you that packaged ...photo of AC......photo of paper towels in plastic bag....there were @ one time moist....then placed in dry room....dried and put in a plastic bag.....understand and knowledge should items be tested and needed for dna not placed in plastic....correct - at that time had no info of dna......at later time if this came up to be more than trash.....object-sustained

important enough to separate and put in plastic bag....don't know if later on important to have it tested for dna.....at the time inspected napkins very welll....didn't any indication of body fluids - just wet - not any indication that it would test for dna.

blood and saliva can test for dna? saliva is very difficult to test....object-beyond expertise.....object to speaking objections judge ....NEXT QUestion

semen?.....

object to form of question assumes facts.....
not your intention to .....evidence in any way

LDB - why dry items before stored? Part of protocol to do this.....items is very dry ...ie: blood on clothing.....let dry secure items....if item wet concern it will become moldy.....protocol require items package in breathable form-paper.....carpet discussed removing from the car was also dried.....(from earlier testimony)

items placed in plastic ...was there evidence of bug larva ....don't remember

re0cross on those issues

JB - mentioned part of the protocol....dry evidence....later air samples of the dry garbage...

dna samples can be collected from insect larva.....not part of expertise (object-sustained)

can collect dna from any cell in the body w/except of red blood cells?
beyond scope

no further questions

witness dismissed

JB: asking about insect larvae in the napkins
GB: doesnt remember and says it is not part of his expertise

LOL - playing through - HHJP just excused the witness in the middle of Baez's cross! Too funny!

All 17 jurors are in the jury box. Even they don't know who the alternates are - they all must be present everyday to hear the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member