2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing JA corrected his own mistake - JB didn't even catch it.

Neither did experienced attorneys Sims and Mason and all the other attorneys they have sitting over at the DT table

wftv Bill Schaeffer speculating that the cans looked the same and this may be opening the door for the can to be smelled to confirm it is indeed the can with the actual evidence.

REALLY!!! :great: Go for it Baez...please, pretty please with a :cupcake: on top

TBH, if this happens I think it just puts a new appellate issue on the table (the "smelling experiment") and strengthens another (ineffective assistance).

listening to JB question a witness is pure TORTURE! If you guys don't see at least one post from me per hour, please notify my husband immediately because my head has exploded....tell my husband that he can find me in front of the computer.

Good thing JA corrected his own mistake - JB didn't even catch it.

He is sure going to take advantage of it though...

I hope JB never needs the body farm for another case...EVER

ICA not looking to happy about JB's performance today, IMO

Attachments

• ICA not happy with JB.png
    ICA not happy with JB.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 60
Lawyer on WFTV just said the defense may have just opened the door
for the can to be opened and smelled.

The minute JA had that can, I thought: they are going to have the jury smell that can. But, I really :dunno:

Still at side bar.

Wow . If he cant check a can someone hands him in court how is the jury supposed to trust his work?

This guy is supposed to be super vigilant in his work.

JA apologise for bringing Dr. Vass back - due to JA's mistake from yesterday.....showed him wrong can yesterday....

confirm his initials.....

JA correcting which can he had admitted previous by mistake (same type and size cans)

no other questions....

JB - w/Dr Vass (kc smirking in background)

yesterday you testified about a piece of evidence you didn't examine? Dr. V.....I testified about a can.....(Sidebar)

Bill Shaffer commenting on this honest mistake JA handed him the wrong can =
State could ask him to open the can to inspect....important for the jury to understand the info on the right can.....this is the can of the overwhelming odor....

BS saying DT may be opening the door for the SA to open the can....is that what you smelled?.....DT should have just cut their losses.....

http://www.wftv.com/caseytriallive1/index.html

What is DCS's function exactly? I thought she was supposed to be the one with expertise in cross examining people with DRs at the start of their names??

You remember Karn, she is the "Doc In A Box" person - so she is keying up questions for Baez to ask while he is up - rather than him formulating his own Defense questions...:innocent:

I am going to make myself unpopular here I know. But JA was being sneaky by subsituting the cans and saying the existing can is not in evidence so JB cannot cross-examine on the basis of the can "substituted" out.

I don't understand :waitasec:

I love Dr. Vass and Ashton, but I gotta say this was a sloppy mistake by Ashton when introducing revolutionary new science by a witness he knew would be under fire by the defense.

Yesterday, I wondered why Vass just said "I believe so" instead o "yes" or "correct" when shown the can. Now, glad he did.

Is anyone elses WESH pic really dark? And can anyone kindly direct me to another site with pic in pic? Tia

wm

Morning all! I slept in today (whoops!)

Thanks for the recaps they were very appreciated to catch up on what I missed.

:blowkiss:

JB you Can't Handel the Truth.........so you suspect everybody of subterfuge you been with ICA to long.

Very interesting way to get the can opened...............

I don't know why someone would even think of putting a bag of trash in the trunk of their car. Makes no sense. When I was in college some people would put their trash bags on the TOP of their hood or trunk to drive it to the apartment dumpster. I never saw anyone put the trash bags in the trunk of their car.

My husband just put the trash in his car to take to the dump...We have too many people to do the home trash, it would cost us much more..On the other hand after watching all this i hope he don't get in a car accident...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela