2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Dr. Vass gets to do something fun while he is here. I would have to have him think of Orlando only in reference to his 'inquisition'!

I was thinking the same yesterday! I hope he will check out Universal! I could see him on one of those coasters screaming his head off in pure joy and entertainment! And Lord knows, I would love to see the photos of it!

I don't believe JA was being sneaky or a conspiracy...however, I'm worried this will be grounds for appeal. They can't afford the least little question as to the handling of evidence at trial. I personally would hate that kind of pressure.

RespectfullyQuoted Jen :)

:tyou: for this post for me to respond to.

Of course, the defense does nothing but smarmy hinky things but that is not supposed to be brought into question. Jose, can muck up everyday of this trial with his crazy making but the State has to be perfect. Jose can go on television for three years but the State is the one who is violating his clients rights to a fair trial?

Bull plop. If it was a mistake, that is all it was. And, if it was not a mistake then let's call it a "tactic." Just like we have to say about Jose "he is doing his job."

I say tit for tat. Oh well, hey hey hey good bye. Life's not always going to be fair...

(in a rare mood this morning, sorry).

What's in the "wrong" can, any ideas?

I think there were 3 or 4 cans with decomp air. Only one was opened by Dr. Vass. I'm assuming the wrong can was a sealed can of decomp air.

This wasn't Vass's mistake at the lab, it was JA's mistake in asking him about the wrong can yesterday. It was JA's mistake, not Vass's. It doesn't color his work at all because it has nothing to do with his work. He did not misidentify this can when he went to process it. That is not the mistake at all. The chain of custody is intact. The only mistake was JA's in asking him to say that can was the right one. That has nothing to do with chain of custody or Vass's work. This is not a mistake to get upset over. JA has had a sterling reputation in his career and in the past three years. At least he admitted to his mistake. Baez has made millions of mistakes and never admitted or apologized for ONE of them. I trust Ashton anyday over Baez. If Baez harps on this, it's only going to make things worse for Casey.

Perfectly stated, Aedrys!!

wasn't JB checking all the evidence that was being submitted? How come he didn't catch that at the time, or did he....?

WORTH REPEATING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wasn't JB checking all the evidence that was being submitted? How come he didn't catch that at the time, or did he....?

In Session just reporting that JA was the first attorney to submit DNA into a court of law in a rape case in FL. Interesting.

Someone, anyone? Whats the chances of the can still having the smell in it....it worries me that it gets opened and the stench has subsided. To me, that would not be good for the state seeing how this makes light of an oversight and that would make it worse IMO! What do you all think?

Rest easy. I don't think the state will open the can. But if they decide to do so, I'm sure they have another can not in evidence that they can open and smell prior to opening the can in evidence. They'd be foolish not to.

Karma has a way of righting things and JB has 3 years experience. It's like getting your family physician to perform a craniotomy and him agreeing. JB deserves our criticism IMO.

I agree, but there is a difference between criticism and "spiking the football." I think that line gets crossed much too often around here. JMO, though.

You should live in my house, my son thinks Casey is innocent, I still have an open mind, my roommate goes back and forth. We all go round and round.[/QUOTE

How does you son think Caylee died and who killed her or disposed of her body. TIA

It wasn't whether or not it was within the law. JB hardly is inexperienced and a seasoned prosecutor such as Jeff Ashton can let Baez walk into various holes left, right and centre. That is sneaky in my view.

Are you suggesting that the SA dumb it down to level the playing field?

I am so lost. Trying to understand.... there were two cans of stink, or three, or whatever....and they are saying that he was handed the 'wrong can' of stink to identify before he testified? Stink is stink. He was testifying to the stink, period.
What is the problem?!?!

In Session just reporting that JA was the first attorney to submit DNA into a court of law in a rape case in FL. Interesting.

I just heard that, too! And here he is introducing another 'new' forensics :rocker:

It wasn't whether or not it was within the law. JB hardly is inexperienced and a seasoned prosecutor such as Jeff Ashton can let Baez walk into various holes left, right and centre. That is sneaky in my view.

A professional is responsible to have the awareness and integrity to advise a client they don't have the skill or expertise to meet their needs. JB doesn't have the knowledge or skill required but ego got the best of him. So, now he finds himself in a courtroom surrounded by people who managed to pass the bar the first time they tried. People who have skills and knowledge and make him look foolish every day. He doesn't even have the awareness to see that IMO. But hey, ICA picked him and they deserve each other. Carry on JB :floorlaugh:

So far the prosecution have saved Baez's butt twice, not once, but twice - otherwise those 6 felony convictions would be in for the jury to consider. There is nothing sneaky about this team of prosecutors in my opinion, they want a fair trial for ICA, even it if means making sure that Baez doesn't scupper himself and his client. I might add if the shoe was on the other foot then Baez would crucify them.

I am unsure if the can was coming in here. All we have is Bill Shaeffer's guess. The SA objection was in relation to questioning regarding something not in evidence. There is nothing to indicate in the objection that the state were seeking to open the can.

JB is really going to use that mistake against the State's case in closing arguments. Its really a shame that happened since it is so inconsquential but ol JB will make alot of hay over it.

I don't see how in his clients best interest attacking this mistake could help him. George disposed of the body, not Casey and the decomp comes from rotting hamburger meat. What difference does this make in their case in chief?

I'm thinking the "wrong" can may have been one of the test controls and not the actual can with the decomp odor from the Fla. car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela