2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB w/Jason Forgey.....k9 unit handler....cross trained about working dogs...transfer there in 2001...dog train with ....received dog in 2001 parttime handler....couple months later went in as fulltime trainer ....orignally went in as bloodhound handler....training with dog...first go into unit...bloodhound....scent discrimination ...track specific individuals...that is 5 weeks long (3 weeks in classroom & 2 in field) proficiency test @ end of 5 weeks...Gerus the dog....follow up training w/Gerett..min. requirement per month Gerrit(?) min. 2 tracks training per month... handler came out it was 10 or 11 months before had to put him down....2nd dog Ike, bloodhound....scent discrimination, man tracking, man trailing.....train dog to specific ....ie: one shoe he has to go to that specific person with that shoe before he can move on.....in 2004 or 2005 ...at some time had multiple dogs to train in different things...in addition to Ike in 2002 received German shepard named Bones - human remains...cadavar dog...single purpose one job...along with obedience taught to detect human decomp ...cadavars 160 hours training dog certified proficiency....chosen after 911 towers because 2 dogs we had were converted over to EOD dogs explosive/bomb dogs..worked the 2 dogs....worked w/k9.

take the dog straight to odor train him to do what he is to do @ final alert- ie: sit when he does what he supposed to do....take him to theodor and tell him sit and reward when hedoes it....set out cans - he must pick out right can....

used water as demonstrative aid.....Bones imprinting stage thru training stage....imprint use mostly rags w/human decomp...rag soaked in chest of human decomping....once dog has imprint on that scent....training aids used human bones...placentas ....chest cavity rags....pseudo scent....drown victim....a man made odor - a tablet...put tablet in retention pond or lake put out odor of decomposing human body...training aid used w/bones used blood also...used bones,blood,pseudo,tissue, decomp on rags, placenta, grave dirt,,dirt from where a cadavar recovered from...@ that time all I used with him....don't have Bones anymore....OCSO decision full purpose dog not single purpose dog needed for agency....Bones went trained him as full service apprhension dog - bite dog....retired him...he ended up going to a Capt. @ the agency @ the time....Oseola was looking Sgt. Brewer got him from Capt....Oseola needed single purpose dog......Forgey covered multiple cou nties...long time...Bones only cadavar dog in the area....LE he was it.....

full service do assigned ....get another k-9 ....purchased Gerus...german shepard....they had stopped breeding program....purchased dog from Germany vender...been 4 or 5 days when Forgey got him...20 - 21 months old...he will be 9 this Oct.

All this background is interesting, but is it really neccesary? The dogs were well trained...I think we've all got that at this point.

Yes, it's very necessary especially since Baez will try to say the dogs weren't trained properly.

The more I'm listening, the more I'm convinced that this dog is more highly educated than I am, even with my college degree.

All this background is interesting, but is it really neccesary? The dogs were well trained...I think we've all got that at this point.

I think SA is doing this so JB has less of a chance to discredit the dogs. I've noticed she does that with each "expert" but they JB still seems to come up with ridiculous questioning.

They have to lay out the dogs education and training for the jury. If the SA did not make it clear just how much training they've had, it would be a pass for the DT to demean or down play it. JB will try it anyway, but this is good information for the jury to know. Even if it is slow.

I'm a little bored by this too (altho the subject is fascinating, I think the witness is a little dull), but I think it's necessary that the jurors understand the extent of training before JB gets his mitts on the witness.

#CaseyAnthony Jurors attentive but 11 and 12 often resting head on back wall. Foundational stuff/not a lot of note taking.

by bobkealing via twitter at 10:47 AM

#CaseyAnthony 11 is most active and expressive. Gym teacher possible jury foreman candidate.

by bobkealing via twitter at 10:49 AM

then to specialty schools where neither Gerus or handler knows where item is...

I'm sure the dog definitely won't be paying attention to ICA's tail waggin' ways...

After what we saw from Baez during the Frye hearings it absolutely is.

it may be tedious during testimony but this is not a general discussion thread. please keep your posts to what is going on in the courtroom... :) ((sidebar will open for decompression at lunch :)

This is boring, I agree, but it's a good solid foundation before lunch. then after lunch LDB will 'sic em' lol

I just want to see how JB is going to dispute his opening statement by saying the dogs hits were all false positives...unless it's the one by the pool....we're good with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces