2011.06.09 Sidebar (Trial Day Fourteen):

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that Casey has "exhibited signs of distress" before.

Not on June 16, as shown by her at Blockbuster.
There was the Dec 11 video, in the jail, which we've seen described, but not shown.
There was the day in jury selection.
And, there is today.

Not on June 16. Not on June 17.

Plea deals taking off table in Dec when Caylee's remain were found.

I don't know why people (not you robotdog) talk about pleas, there is no plea!

People the State of Florida has enough on ICA to put the needle in her arm.

yes, they do have enough but she can still ask ( I think)

Another thing, I am sure the jury did not mind the early break, I know if I had had to look at those disturbing photos, I would not mind a break, to prepare for more to come.

Exactly! I don't believe the judge will allow ICA to play these games. I think this is a one shot deal and if she pulls fake illness (assuming the odds are this is just an anxiety attack or more of her drama) he will continue with or without her.

IIRC at one time she was rather annoyed she was even required to appear in court. This could very well be her attempt at being excused without making a complete jack arse out of herself in court. Time will tell.

JMO

Too late. imo

Civil trials are also not a walk in the park either. Every day I had trial they would be 16-20 hour days 7 days a week. Even on days Court was dark. We were constantly working 24 hours a day. You would have a day time crew and then a night crew. It's insane work.

Trials really are so much work and you're right your stress level goes through the roof.

What you didn't enjoy writing briefs? We were just working imagine being the defendant.

Having observed HHJP over this trial, I believe if ICA did confess at this moment, he would sentence her to LWOP. Going down to the final moment when the jury returns with a verdict, not so much. After the penalty phase ... well his record speaks for it's self. HHJP has given the DP and has attended the execution.

Can I just say
1) haven't read thru this thread yet
2) KC still cannot allow little Caylee to be the center of attention!
3) I am not feeling the "love" here guys! This isn't about hearing about Caylee...this is all about how she thinks the jury thinks she should react....amazing how she could hold it together until the end of the 15 minute break.... then she needed to leave? delaying court? comes back in and says she is ill ;l lays head down on table but doesn't appear "green around the gills" to me....in fact...she looked worse at different parts of the day....interesting timing of her "illness" when she just could not go on......such an opportune time ......ok - sorry for the rant! this just angers me! grrrrrrrrr - it is still all about kc!

It seems to me ICA's illness/breakdown was no different than CA's in front of the court. I see no difference.

My opinion only

Don't want the jurors to be miserable but honestly hoping the jury reflects and gives thoughtful deliberation to what they saw and heard in the courtroom today.

Hope they search their hearts and minds and reflect on what Caylee went through and not the defendant who lives and breathes and comes to court in nice clothes (??) has 5 or 6 attorneys and 3 meals a day and the opportunity to be judged by a jury of her peers.

I dont think they will ever forget it!

Were GA & CA in court today? They are the ones who must be sick seeing their gbaby reduced to skeletal remains, in that filthy bag, with duct tape over her mouth and nose.

They were there but left the courtroom before the pictures were shown. Did not return.

She may not have been faking her ""illness"" - She is a controller, it finally got to her that every evil thing she did is coming to the surface and "they" are not going along with her stories. This is her frustration and loss of control and it makes her sick... It may not have dawned on her tomorrow is another day. The judge will not allow this to continue.

On the nose, lorann, on the nose. (Said just about the same thing a few pages ago). If it's not going her way and she's going to change it

IMO She saw the horror of her actions in the jurors eyes and the court spectators and realized no more days and nights spent in bed with guys,no more dancing and hot body contest.Also she no longer has an older brother who's got her back.

Its possible she had a break down because she realized she was going to death row now and her silly defense was never going to go over. That ridculous roy kronk story. Anyone with half a brain can see the body had been there thru floods and many months weathering away. Her defense is a sham and everyone will see it. Probably saw it long ago and today confirmed it all.

I don't often disagree with Bill but I do this time. She faked this, she knows what she is doing......

Yes, too much water can make you upchuck. In fact, too much water could kill you.

ETA: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/

Sorry, that was a link from this morning, the right one is there now. Don't know why it did that.

I don't know - I'm on my 3rd or 4th 32 oz. bottle for the day and I normally drink that much and more. And yes, I sit at a desk all day, I am not working outside or anything!! But I did notice her swigging on that bottle more than usual.

I'm still working up to forcing myself to say goodbye. I can't seem to bring myself to make the appointment, though I know I can't put it off much longer. Not fair to her. I HAVE to do this.

(And that's all I'm going to say about that, because I can't cry over anything else today. Not Caylee, not Jezebel, not the stupid plumbers.)

BBM.

That's a beautiful name for your cat. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to family members with fur. Hugs!

Nope. She never once even glanced at the skull pix. Only the ones of the foliage at the crime scene. I was specifically watching for that.

What was on her lap that she was looking at i thought she was looking at the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap