2011.06.09 Sidebar (Trial Day Fourteen):

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh.

I missed today because I took my daughter (5 years old) to the waterpark. This case is getting to me. I couldn't stop thinking of Caylee and every child I saw today had her face. I have been pretty good so far. I read a lot of true crime and follow a lot of cases, and I used to work in a federal prison. So I guess I have just seen so much it is hard to rattle me most of the time but today I was rattled. I guess it was a good day not to see the coverage because I don't know how well I would have taken all the talk of the pics of the remains.

May you be at complete peace sweet baby Caylee. I hope you don't care one bit about what is going on here.

During the first week of this trial, the jury heard testimony from Casey's friends, saying that she was acting normal and happy during the June 15 to July 15 period (though nobody saw Caylee during that time). And today, the jury is presented with photos of Caylee's remains where they were discarded like trash off Suburban Drive.

don't you just wish that today's pics finally clued her in on what she did- that she'd get up and take a plea and just finally feel some remorse?

I know... not going to happen.

don't you just wish that today's pics finally clued her in on what she did- that she'd get up and take a plea and just finally feel some remorse?

I know... not going to happen.

You're right, Rallihanna. Casey is a liar through and through. Since she can't speak (lie) in words (thus far, at least), she will lie in her actions. Not very good at it, is she?

The following quote was regarding what the defense team is probably doing tonight.

That is what I think is going on. They need to regroup and study the testimony from today and call in some favors from others who can help them come up with some better questions that they have asked so far in cross. This is devastating for their defense so far. They need some help.

My opinion: I bet the hotline between Jose and LKB is burning up tonight! In between her media appearances, of course. :maddening:

Originally Posted by katydid23
That is what I think is going on. They need to regroup and study the testimony from today and call in some favors from others who can help them come up with some better questions that they have asked so far in cross. This is devastating for their defense so far. They need some help.
How much more help are they going to call in? I swear that Defense team grows everyday!

I have to tell a personal story. Not for sympathy or to make this about me at all, but as a comparison of sorts to ICA and her reactions.

After my daughter was killed (vehicular homicide), I had the uncanny ability to deal with a lot of the details as if I was viewing things from the third person, if you will. A coping mechanism, I'm sure (certainly no 'ugly coping'). I did a pretty good job of it until I was reading one of the reports. I got through all the gory details, the various injuries, etc. - until I read the part where the officer on the scene described coming across "a small, white female child laying face down in the dirt". Every single ounce of maternal instinct within me went into major overdrive. Her face was in the dirt! This is when I lost it so bad I literally feared I would never be able to be brought back from the depths of despair I'd fallen into. I cried continually for days. Not minutes or hours - days. Not the dab at your eyes kind of crying. The lying on the floor in the fetal position sobbing type that wracks your entire body. Eyes swollen shut, snot running down your face crying. Treated for dehydration crying. For days. It frightened me that I had lost my grip on sanity.

I understand that everyone behaves differently - I do. Everyone grieves differently in their own way. Because I had the ability to detach at times, there have been times (rare, mind you) where I could relate to ICA's detached demeanor.

But today she sat there ever so daintily dabbing at her eyes while listening to the horrific details of how her child - the child she gave birth to - was found. Even though they were from her own doing - her own hands. I just cannot understand how no maternal instinct kicked in. I'll never understand.

I'd sell my soul to the devil himself to have just five minutes with my child. I want Casey Anthony put to death for doing what she did to Caylee. I want her to rot in the bowels of hell.

(Sorry for the purge - and length.)

Hummm, I don't how to help someone who won't accept help when offered.

Goodness, how much more of their work do we have to do for them? How many more motions does AZlawyer have to prepare for them, at no charge mind you.

At this point in their game plan, I think they are doing one bang up job on their own. Let'm at it. :woohoo:

:grouphug: suzihawk and for all the other mothers and fathers who have been through the loss of one of our children or loved ones through violent means. I know how you feel.

I have to tell a personal story. Not for sympathy or to make this about me at all, but as a comparison of sorts to ICA and her reactions.

After my daughter was killed (vehicular homicide), I had the uncanny ability to deal with a lot of the details as if I was viewing things from the third person, if you will. A coping mechanism, I'm sure (certainly no 'ugly coping'). I did a pretty good job of it until I was reading one of the reports. I got through all the gory details, the various injuries, etc. - until I read the part where the officer on the scene described coming across "a small, white female child laying face down in the dirt". Every single ounce of maternal instinct within me went into major overdrive. Her face was in the dirt! This is when I lost it so bad I literally feared I would never be able to be brought back from the depths of despair I'd fallen into. I cried continually for days. Not minutes or hours - days. Not the dab at your eyes kind of crying. The lying on the floor in the fetal position sobbing type that wracks your entire body. Eyes swollen shut, snot running down your face crying. Treated for dehydration crying. For days. It frightened me that I had lost my grip on sanity.

I understand that everyone behaves differently - I do. Everyone grieves differently in their own way. Because I had the ability to detach at times, there have been times (rare, mind you) where I could relate to ICA's detached demeanor.

But today she sat there ever so daintily dabbing at her eyes while listening to the horrific details of how her child - the child she gave birth to - was found. Even though they were from her own doing - her own hands. I just cannot understand how no maternal instinct kicked in. I'll never understand.

I'd sell my soul to the devil himself to have just five minutes with my child. I want Casey Anthony put to death for doing what she did to Caylee. I want her to rot in the bowels of hell.

Suzihawk, I am so sorry for your loss and what you had to go through. It seems like there are many on this forum that have the same sort of tragedies in their lives at one point or another. Many good people who support one another. Peace

Similar event here.........and your last post says it all.....I too would sell my soul to the devil (God help me) for five minutes with my son......ICA apparently never did and never could know the greatest love other than our Savior, that a person could ever have. I will never never never understand her and I thank God that I can't. There is no understanding pure evil.IMO

I hope that the State starts the day tomorrow with some sort of testimony that once again reminds the jury what a complete fake and liar she is. There's lots that they can use at this point.

moo

bbm
oh my gosh....I wonder if she, ah, hmmm.....how to say this without a TO?

you know how sometimes people are really nervous or worried, and they get more gas than usual, and sometimes when they release gas, they get more than they thought they would?

that would explain why no one seemed real concerned yet ICA didnt want to stand or walk, and why HHJP was so quick to let them loose for the day. she couldnt just sit there with poopy pants.

Quote Respect 2goldfish :wave:

You mean maybe she "gambled and lost?" :innocent:

:twocents:

Thank you, suzihawk, for having the courage, strength, and trust to share this with us at WS. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I so hope that you are right and I am wrong.

I think you would be right if the defendant was a young African American because she might think they are often railroaded and also the DP rate is so much higher, percentage wise. So I think she might hold out and hang a jury in a case where she thinks the defendant is the victim of cultural prejudice,

But this is the opposite type of case. And I think she is going to see a young, middle class white girl who had 2 parents, a nice home, a family willing to support her and her child, and she outright refused to even work. She lied and stole from her own family, and treated them all with contempt.

She will gladly judge ICA when the time comes, imo.

This post made me cry like a baby, and call to check on my children. (at work now.) Bless you.

I hope that the State starts the day tomorrow with some sort of testimony that once again reminds the jury what a complete fake and liar she is. There's lots that they can use at this point.

moo

The possibilities are endless! :innocent:

For those that have lost a child, my heart aches with you. I bet you were all the most wonderful mamas to your babies and they knew they were so loved There are no words for your incredible losses... Just wanted to send hugs and love your way. :grouphug:

Give me strength -- Wendy M. on Joy just now getting all worked up about everyone keeping an open mind and that no one saw KC with CMA after the 16th and asks the question who had the car????

Ummm -- dear Wendy maybe opening one's eyes and ears might be in order also -- KC CALLED TL TWICE AFTER RUNNING OUT OF GAS WITH THE CAR FOR STARTERS!!!!

Why do the shows have TH's who really aren't following the case??

JIMO

Suzihawk - Thank GOD we can't understand how ICA can just sit there and, IMHO pretend to cry and be in dispare and distress.......an act and one as transparent as Saran Wrap too. I did somewhere around 140 screen caps today and not one tear belonging or coming from her. NOT ONE (or I am blinded by my own and can't see hers) .......... I lost my cookies 3 times today, cried so much I got horse. None of my reactions were for myself, like any real reaction ICA might have had - no, it was for a three year old girl whom I am devoted to see get justice. Even if all I can do is document her story from a laptop -- I will stand right by that precious angel's side.
I worked in the medical and surgical ICU's for many many years and developed (after I left) what I call my 'clinical mode' and it has held me thru hearings 95% OF THE TIME, BUT TODAY - IT WAS USELESS-- and we didn't see what they did in the courtroom. THANK GOODNESS for me we didn't.
So again, SUZIHAWK -- THANK GOD we are NOTHING LIKE ICA and we can't understand her, cause I think if we did............well, you know.

Suzihawk, Nana46 and the many others who have lost a child, I am so sorry. This case must be especially difficult for you.

I knew MP for several years when she was a teenager, and knew her parents also. She was a good kid, always happy and looking for the best in people. I doubt she has changed a lot since I last saw her, and I suspect she would want to believe that ICA, possibly her future sister-in-law, could do no harm to that beautiful child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand