2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ?? why did they have her using toilet paper to blow her nose today??

Because it is industrial grade, rougher then facial tissues, allowing any area she scrapes it against to become red. Her nose, cheeks, eyes, mouth...she is a method actor remember. :crazy:

I totally agree. Just b/c your adult child is a brat and lies and steal doesn't mean you would think she will then move on to killing your child. Hindsight is 20/20 but I do not blame Cindy or George on Casey doing what she did.

That compilation of pics needs to be a bumper sticker or a poster or something. It's awesome!

I was just wondering, after this woman is sentenced, will her Defense Team be free to disclose what they know or are they still subjected to client-attorney confidence?

I can already imagine Barfez (sorry) to merrily talk throw his elbows about "the truth" of what happened.

Last night I heard Mark Najame say that he thinks the SA will say Calyee died from choloform overdose VS duct tape being applied to suffocate. In case they can't prove the duct tape was arround her nose and mouth, the SA will state the duct tape was used to avoid "post mortem drainage".

Here's hoping the home depot video shows her buying acetone.

An aside.....would someone tell Jim Lichtenstein that he "lifted" the Lady GaGa reference from WS?? We noticed!

You are also allowed to use common sense as part of your reasoning. There was no longer a nose there for her to say conclusively that the tape covered it.

And there's the Huck ruling.........

The question asked was not if the tape had been covering the nose, the question was could this doctor say the tape had covered the nose cavity. The answer was, he could not say.

I can't assume something out of thin air. Maybe she was killed by monkeys...but if experts can't show me evidence of a monkey...

You are also allowed to use common sense as part of your reasoning. There was no longer a nose there for her to say conclusively that the tape covered it.

And there's the Huck ruling.........

Also, I think it was Azlawyer that uploaded a picture of what a skull a child of Caylee's age would look like. I can't remember what thread, probably the duct tape one, but it was there. Seeing that might help you, MountainCat. It wasn't real skull, but it helped to see how big her head would have been, and then using imagination, how the duct tape would have looked around it. You also have to take into account the skin and tissue that would have been present and holding the tape much higher, so it would have fallen down a bit with just the skull there. I hope this wasn't too graphic for you. It must be hard just learning about all of this. I pray for people like you and the jurors!

That compilation of pics needs to be a bumper sticker or a poster or something. It's awesome!

Thanks I had a bunch already but a couple other users gave me ideas on other. It is so creepy how similar they are.

True. She does now know what kind of monster Casey is. My problem is that she NEVER had any sort of psych evaluation done on Casey or got her any sort of therapy, and I'm talking way before she was an adult. The lying started in middle school. That is the problem I've had. Okay, Casey was a lot to put up with, but you never tried once to figure what the problem actually was with her or that she had actual mental problems? You were too proud to get help? Was that not allowed in the Anthony family? That's what I get angry about. She didn't to do anything until it was way way WAY too late. And then Caylee paid the price for it.

I do agree that living with Casey was hard. But not trying to get help and just placating her all those years created a monster that would not let a child stand in her way of getting all of the attention from her family. CA and GA must have seen those reports and finally realized that there is something seriously mentally wrong with Casey - and again, way too late. But at least they are not trying to protect her anymore. I do give them points for that.

And I think about this - all of that stealing. They could have her arrested long before Caylee was murdered for the stealing. That would have got them custody of Caylee. But no, it was all a misunderstanding. So yes, there are things they could have done with an adult Casey to get custody of Caylee. And they didn't.

My theory is that because George also lied and stole (if you consider his losing the money that he did on gambling and the scam stealing, which I kind of do), that Cindy's acceptance of those behaviors enabled Casey's lying and stealing. I'm not aware of what pattern of behavior George showed that may or may not have paralleled Casey's learning to lie, but I do think that because Cindy never actually divorced George, Casey interpreted that as proof that she could do whatever she wanted. In some strange way, I think Casey saw herself and George as peers. And if he wasn't getting punished or changing, why should she? If Cindy confronted Casey about her lying and stealing, Casey could well have seen her as a hypocrite who wouldn't actually follow through on any threats.

There were 3-4 pieces of Henkel tape cut (or torn) into strips, and 3 of those were found stuck to Caylee's hair. I use my common sense and determine that those strips were deliberately applied, and I can think of no other purpose than that to kill Caylee. Couple this with the evidence found in Casey's car, the testimony from Casey's friends that say she was acting normal and happy (yet at that period of time Caylee wasn't seen), and it points directly to the killer.

Casey was celebrating. What mother of a healthy toddler does this immediately after their only child dies?

Keeping in mind too that the fourth strip found by itself could very well have been around her wrists - that piece of tape had to have been put somewhere and where else is likely.

Can I just say that I heart Doc Fessel!!! Just when it gets somber and sad you pop in with your heart warming levity ((and your craaaaaazy avatar!!!))

Yes, Doc Fessel and Lancelotlink keep us sane....

I agree! He also forgot with the other expert and did it later on. I just hope he remembers to do it......
I am so worried about this! Will the judge remind him to enter her formally as an expert witness? What if he hasn't noticed? What happens then?

Surprisingly it isn't as long as the child appears well cared for.

I speak from experience.....

We (my brothers and sisters and I) were not apprehended until we showed very obvious signs of neglect. It took many visits by the police and the authorities to catch it.

:no: {{{HUGS}}}

I'm just wondering why the fight with Cindy hasn't come up yet. Will the defense bring it up?

The question asked was not if the tape had been covering the nose, the question was could this doctor say the tape had covered the nose cavity. The answer was, he could not say.

I can't assume something out of thin air. Maybe she was killed by monkeys...but if experts can't show me evidence of a monkey...

Credit MissJames - she mentioned the Huck Ruling...

MtnKat, this might help[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104985"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104985[/ame]

Mountain_Kat, I just want to say thank you for your perspective as a "Mock Juror". I look forward to reading your posts.

Thanks I had a bunch already but a couple other users gave me ideas on other. It is so creepy how similar they are.

better yet..send one to ICA,she can hang it up in her cell and tell everyone I am as famous as Ted Bundy!
But ICA hate to break it to you,but famous for ALL the wrong reasons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member