2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I just finished reading the trial thread and I have to say once again how much I deeply appreciate all of you posting. I am on such a time difference and have obligations that I can't come online until it is late afternoon or early evening for most of you.

:blowkiss: Just wanted to say that again!

Honestly I hadn't realized Manson had been sentenced to death originally. :crazy: What year was that?

Anyway, it's too complicated to discuss the issues surrounding if one is for or against the DP, but IF one would stand for it, considering all of the crimes and child killings there are out there, I would have to know FOR SURE that the crime was committed by a Manson type. Make sense?

He was sentenced in 1971. Long time ago. In fact, the DP was outlawed there the following year and then reinstated just 4 years later, I believe in 1976 (very short time), but once you have commuted the sentence you can't change it back again unless they commit another crime. And that makes perfect sense! Thanks!

FWIW: I feel the same way, totally. I have seen too many innocent people spend years and years in prison for something they have not done and more people should be absolutely certain, especially when the sentence is death. ITA with you on that point. Just didn't understand the Manson connection. Thanks again! :)

Yeah yeah Linda.... No juror is thinking your way. Don't delude yourself. Your client is on her way to death row. No one likes a child killer. Why does hln put her on? Its a travesty that she is on every show. Baez must have promised them their first interview after his client is convicted.

Sorry just got in, could anyone tell me if George and Cindy were present today ? TIA.....

I can't find a link at the moment, but didn't CM and JB both spout off to the media some time ago that there was NO duct tape? :waitasec:

Was it BC that said this, maybe on a morning TV show?

Anyone know if the composite pic of the skull and then Caylee with the duct tape super imposed over the mouth and nose area was allowed today? Something about a 31 Rule perhaps??

:yes: It was a video, and we were not allowed to see it.

Originally Posted by USARDOG
Anyone know if the composite pic of the skull and then Caylee with the duct tape super imposed over the mouth and nose area was allowed today? Something about a 31 Rule perhaps??

:yes: It was a video, and we were not allowed to see it.

And the jury was allowed to see it.

The wire rim is flexible, so you could bend it toward the center. Here are some photos I found earlier at this link, does not show knots, but I thought only the trash bags were knotted, shows you how much I pay attention:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/624790/message/1266252709/Whitney+laundry+bag+that+held+body

TY. Makes perfect sense. I was thinking along the lines of a much heavier nonbendable rim. (the kind that holds up file folders versus the hanging tab on a file folder type thing).

From the photo's in the above link it doesn't appear the handles were knoted so maybe that was mixed up with the trash bags? either way based on the length of the duct tape (and I don't recall the length) it doesn't sound like it was long enough to 'entwine' the opening of the laundry bag.

It's been an amazing day hasn't it? I mean, I've believed for three years that the SA had a rock solid case to present, but their evidence just knocked me between the eyes today and wow! Amazing amazing day!!

I am almost overwhelmed with ...gratitude? Relief? Awe??? Can't describe it.

Cannot describe it either but after yesterday I am doin' the bootie dance all over the house and have popped the bubbly....dh has hated my obsession with these babies..now he says NO you cannot turn it off just because you don't like maggots...we are watching!...Can't help but love him and all of you...you folks ROCK:rocker:

BC stands for Brad Conway who use to be the Anthony's attorney after M. Nejame

06/10/2011 Transaction Assessment 140.99
06/10/2011 Counter Payment Receipt # CR-2011-38689 ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE (140.99)

I wonder who picked up this from the Clerk of Court today? And, what it was.

I was so proud today!!!
When Dr. G. was talking about the statistics on child drownings and she was so emotional - I thought it was from anger because she was outraged the Defence team dared to suggest that a small child whose face was duct taped, was bagged and tossed in a swamp to rot was in fact an accidental drowning.
She scored huge points and made the defense look just plain silly by suggesting it - no insisting on it in their opening statement.

GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!

:goodpost: Right on, Logicalgirl! She was passionate and convincing, filled with not only the strength of her convictions, but her confidence in the professional rationale behind her answers. It was, in my view, absurdly stupid for CM to try and suggest there was something sinister about the ME assuming that this was a homicide. Let's face it, short of someone actually seeing someone do it, the scene was as obviously evocative of a homicide!!!! as one could possibly be.

Once again, barking up the wrong tree by the DT. I guess at this point we should just say "that dog won't hunt".

:cow:

I'm not convinced that a 34 month old toddler would have the finger strength necessary to remove duct tape from skin. Just not sure how "sticky" that Henkel brand tape is.

I agree with this. Especially if there was some other restraint. Arms being held, chloroform or if the tape was on the side of her sweet little head 3 pieces....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lafan