2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have confirmation on the type of handles on the laundry bag? Don't most laundry bags have drawstrings in which case duct tape wouldn't be necessary in the way JB is trying to portray it's location?

I googled it again, because I honestly couldn't remember exactly what it looked like after 3 years of dealing with my own kids laundry bags & baskets... if you just google "Whitney Laundry Bags" a link comes about 6 down with pictures of THE bag. It's cylinder in shape, appears to have a wire rim and has 2 handles. From the picture I see no remnants of duct tape ever being applied... another of Baez's theories out the window!

Some kind of rim to allow the bag to stand upright on it's own was my understanding. Could be plastic rim? I don't know but some kind of reinforcement around the opening.

From WESH-
55bb1e87-1fd2-420f-a844-f9a20d33b08e_300.jpg

I don't understand why JB was making a big deal about the prosecution saying both chloroform AND duct tape were the cause of death. A 2 yr 10 mo old child would be able to remove duct tape if she weren't knocked out in some way, right? I'm guessing that is what the Prosecution is getting at or am I reading into the testimony?

I Said The Exact Same Thing This Afternoon To My Hubby, Of Course A Child Would Have Pulled Duck Tape Off, So She Must Have Been Knocked Out First With The Choloform

That is a lot of work STEADFAST, and well done!

Interesting that there are only about 3 poses being shown in all of the photos, and 1 emotion.

Yup. Head down and to the side mostly, and then some anger at times. (Like when he said body was in the bags. She looks like "No! That's not how it was!" Oops.

QUESTION??? What evidence do we have to look forward to next week? Everyone here keeps such GREAT records. Thank You for all your knowledge.

The State is keeping the defense guessing as to what witnesses are up next, and what evidence may be presented.

Where they left off today, I'm guessing that Dr. Haskell may be on the witness stand tomorrow.

Things I am good at. By JB:

1. Spelling
2. Drawing
3. Lawyerin'
4. Paying My child support
5. Helping the prosecution
6. Acting silly in court
7. Paying my mortgage
8. Throwing spaghetti at the wall

Ok - this is O/T but not

Since this trial has started we (the State of Florida) have now put 2 more women on death row. The first one was during jury selection, was a woman who had killed her housekeeper.

But today, another victory. If some of you remember Baby Lollipops back in the 90's. Mom was convicted and put on death row. She was granted another trial and it had just concluded this year. TODAY - the judge in that case sentence her, yet again, to death row. It was a horiffic crime and this little boy was only 3 as well.

It now seems that ICA will have more company on death row and I believe that the State of Florida is sending out a resounding announcement that we will NOT tolerate anyone who commits a heinous crime against a child.

After all this in court today - this is what JB and CM get to read over their dinners tonight. ICA - its coming.............

Here's a link to the sentencing today:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...pops-mother-sentence-20110610,0,6993939.story

This has been a public service announcement you will now be returned to our regularly scheduled discussion.

I don't understand why JB was making a big deal about the prosecution saying both chloroform AND duct tape were the cause of death. A 2 yr 10 mo old child would be able to remove duct tape if she weren't knocked out in some way, right? I'm guessing that is what the Prosecution is getting at or am I reading into the testimony?

Starting at :42 JA describes the State's theory and it's stunning to listen to.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srD-hdzEp8s&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪Death Penalty Argument In Court Over Case Involving Casey Anthony‬‏[/ame]

From WESH-
55bb1e87-1fd2-420f-a844-f9a20d33b08e_300.jpg

No way was that closed with duct tape... you'd have remnants of the tape on the bag; and the rim would be bent after 6 months of being duct tape closed. Sorry Baez, you lose yet again. We need a spaghetti icon we can use for him LOL.

Good evening all, had to go to work today, anyone have a brief recap????

I AM REALLY KIDDING LOL, guess Dr. G was awesome. Off to catching up just wanted to say hi

I'm not convinced that a 34 month old toddler would have the finger strength necessary to remove duct tape from skin. Just not sure how "sticky" that Henkel brand tape is.

Yes. I remember there was some discussion that ICA wanted a friend to adopt Caylee.

No, it was the other way around. ICA's friend Kiomarie wanted to adopt Caylee because she cannot have children.
ICA was just yanking her old friend's chain. As in I've got something you want but can't have.
She gave her the very lame excuse that "Cindy wouldn't let her."

Just BS games kids, just mind games.

i wish upon wish we could veiw the photos...I have a little bit of trouble with the tape evidence...just because I am having trouble visualizing exactly how the tape was positioned in relation to the skull, upon finding the remains.

it seems like, although it was still attached it was in a juxt position to the skull, until the skull was lifted or righted, and then it fell handily into what is thought to be the original position.

is this correct?

once they tie the duct tape to the the Anthony home...it will feel more possible or likely.

Anyone have confirmation on the type of handles on the laundry bag? Don't most laundry bags have drawstrings in which case duct tape wouldn't be necessary in the way JB is trying to portray it's location?

Cubby, I can't wait for the State to tie in the Whitney Laundry Bags as a set, one of which was found in the Anthony garage. These particular bags have handles, much like a women's canvas purse, bucket-like. There is a whole thread about this. I'll try to find, if I can.....

I was researching a great article on HHJBP and his eye situation in response to the Quote below:
"The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Not the Nanny
I swear one of HHJP's eyes can move and look over at the DT while the other stays on JA......
I love him. But it is true,one of his eyes is not as open as the other, almost like he has had a stroke. Does anyone know that?

He seems just so laid back but I know the type,,,he will strike like a viper and so fast you will not even see it!!

Did I say I just love him for the bazillionth time?"

Here is a section from the article on HHJBP
http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/April-2011/Order-in-His-Court/
in relation to his accident he had with his eye at the age of 6 yrs old:

"He was 6 years old when he lost his right one. He and a friend were swordfighting with butcher knives, pretending to be Robin Hood. Perry zigged when he should have zagged, and the knife went into his right eye. Today, his eyelid rests low over a prosthesis, giving him a perpetually sleepy look."

I hope that helps...He is just an amazing person!!
Your post captured my attention.

My uncle, Victor Mulling (deceased now) was a Judge in Chatham County, Georgia and he was blind from the age of 10. He went through Law School eating canned soup for the most part (and even slept in box cars), until a man with financial resources decided to pay for the rest of his schooling. He knew the law like you wouldn't believe. He was named Judge Emeritus by President Reagan. In fact, he married my husband and I back in the 80's. My family spent many hours reading law books to him and he only needed to hear it once, then it was recorded in his memory. As you can tell, I am proud of him and what he accomplished. He was very conservative and this caused many problems with certain members of Savannah's community. Here is a link to an article on his death and life as a Judge. Sorry if this is too OT, but I became interested in law because of my early years with him.

http://archives.savannahnow.com/sav_pdf_archive/text/fr301/C_2354267.pdf

My uncle was also blinded from a childhood accident, the family story is that something was thrown into his eye and back then there was no treatment to help him regain sight.

Based on Baez questioning the last witness, he was inferring that the while cloth bag with handles (Whitney bag), was wrapped with the duct tape to keep it closed? Is this their theory for the duct tape use? And it just happened to wrap around Caylee's mouth?

This is called hedging your bets, just incase this jury doesn't buy your original theory that a certain "morally corrupt" meter reader had taken posession of Caylee's remains (don't know when, where or how) and staged the crime scene. :crazy:

Ok - this is O/T but not

Since this trial has started we (the State of Florida) have now put 2 more women on death row. The first one was during jury selection, was a woman who had killed her housekeeper.

But today, another victory. If some of you remember Baby Lollipops back in the 90's. Mom was convicted and put on death row. She was granted another trial and it had just concluded this year. TODAY - the judge in that case sentence her, yet again, to death row. It was a horiffic crime and this little boy was only 3 as well.

It now seems that ICA will have more company on death row and I believe that the State of Florida is sending out a resounding announcement that we will NOT tolerate anyone who commits a heinous crime against a child.

After all this in court today - this is what JB and CM get to read over their dinners tonight. ICA - its coming.............

Here's a link to the sentencing today:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...pops-mother-sentence-20110610,0,6993939.story

This has been a public service announcement you will now be returned to our regularly scheduled discussion.

She told the Judge she found God in prison and wanted to be let out so she can be a "Mother" to her other children.

I just love these people who find God in prison.

That poor baby. At least he and Caylee are in a better place.

dust tape was not necessary, photos were presented, including handles, that were knoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste