2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering what is JB's problem with how much the State is paying for witnesses, experts, and even for the DT's witnesses and experts. How can he even mention it in Court? And, is it because he thinks the State is going to say how much it has cost to search for Caylee, and cost for trial, so he is trying to subliminally push it all on the Prosecution?

I just can't make sense of his constant money questions. Well, other than he thinks he deserves a cool million, which would have never happened anyway. He has already made more than he would have if appointed by the Court from day 1/31.

Anyone have any ideas what he is doing or why? It just ticks me off. Every witness is asked, and today was overboard.

Did ICA and/or Lee really bury dead pets in the woods off Suburban? Was that a theory, or did anyone actually confirm that?

I do not remember a sidewalk there though. Here if there is no sidewalk, children must walk on the other side of the street where there is one, or if there are NO sidewalks leading to the school at all, the children must be bussed.

Plus if Caylee was put there in mid June, school was out. Then the flood in August. School would begin again when there was alot of water in late August (at least that's when it begins around here.)

I think they are going to try and say searchers were right there where the body was found. Not going to work but they will try.

Hey Doc - long time no see. Do you know when they searched the area? I'm suffering from CRS at the moment:blushing:

That's what I think also. That is what CM was trying to get at when he was questioning about school children walking by on their way to school I believe.:waitasec:
ETA-I don't buy this theory at all!!

School was out for the summer for a couple of months. So, by time school let back in I would guess that all or most of the tissue was gone, so very little smell. Also, if if children walked though the woods I wouldn't expect them to go through trash bags left in the woods. CM is just trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat.:twocents:

I do not remember a sidewalk there though. Here if there is no sidewalk, children must walk on the other side of the street where there is one, or if there are NO sidewalks leading to the school at all, the children must be bussed.

Not necessarily-there are many places in Fla. that don't have sidewalks and many neighborhoods with undeveloped properties full of vegetation and critters that is not cleared out.
Most children are taught early to watch out for snakes and gators.

I thought JB is trying to insinuate that people are just saying things that fit the Casey-did-it theory because the prosecution paid them to.

Or because it's good PR for them to be on TV in a high profile trial.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRxEBS_B1YI"]YouTube - ‪p1/2 Kiomarie Torres Cruz Police Interview - Friend & School-Mate of Casey Anthony‬‏[/ame] iirc, it was "this person" who said that about it being a "pet cemetery"

You cannot see even 2 feet inside that vegetation- the pictures of the outside of the crime scene show that- those bags would NOT have been visible from the road.
Additionally, searchers did try to search that area and it was under water while TM and Texas Equisearch was there. He has even stated that they thought this was an area to search later.
Dr. G testified that by August, when the majority of searches started IIRC, the remains were already skeletonized and would have been dragged off by carnivores. Many people who actually saw unpixelated pics of the crime scene said that they would not have known what they are looking at if not for the CSI lady telling them what they were looking at.
Per RK, the skull was still in the bag- he kicked the bag and the skull came into view.
I think it is perfectly understandable that the remains weren't found. Sad, but it is completely plausible.

Hey Doc - long time no see. Do you know when they searched the area? I'm suffering from CRS at the moment:blushing:

Hi Lady!! They searched that area while it was flooded and could not go into it but the DT is going to try and say they got far enough into it.

Did ICA and/or Lee really bury dead pets in the woods off Suburban? Was that a theory, or did anyone actually confirm that?

I never knew the answer to that either. Yesterday they flashed a little grave with the name of KC's pet hamster on some kind of a marker. It was so fast I didn't get the context of why it was flashed. So maybe she burried one pet hamster? There is no indication that KC killed animals. Did Kio want to imply that? I still don't get her eagerness to get involved in the case. jmo.

I have been wondering what is JB's problem with how much the State is paying for witnesses, experts, and even for the DT's witnesses and experts. How can he even mention it in Court? And, is it because he thinks the State is going to say how much it has cost to search for Caylee, and cost for trial, so he is trying to subliminally push it all on the Prosecution?

I just can't make sense of his constant money questions. Well, other than he thinks he deserves a cool million, which would have never happened anyway. He has already made more than he would have if appointed by the Court from day 1/31.

Anyone have any ideas what he is doing or why? It just ticks me off. Every witness is asked, and today was overboard.

It is especially ironic since he actually is getting paid (or was with blood money from Caylee's pictures) for taking the side of his client. Heck, I would pay money for people to help get Caylee some justice.

I think the most important fact I saw this week was the testimony that the area Caylee was found in was sloped "down" into the vegetation meaning it would be a lower level and therefore retain water longer than the surrounding area...much like a retention pond would. That could explain why search teams did not find her that close to the road. This was right after TS Faye, which caused extensive flooding.

I remember this specifically because I dropped water and other supplies off to the TES headquarters and was talking to Tim Miller when they were organizing the searches early on. Tim noted that he was surprised more people hadn't shown up to search and I pointed out that many areas were flooded and people focused on dealing with water inside their homes. Faye was a severe TS.

Yes, this is the interview where George insists he didn't put the tape on the gas can.

At trial, GA said he did put the tape on the gas can.

Thanks! But, color me confused! I read GA testimony, but will need to go back & review it again with a clear mind...and jot down dates, which gas cans, tape, no tape, depo vs testimony, pic entered into evidence, etc! :waitasec:

I thought it was a shortcut that kids took to get to the school, but the actual route to the school has sidewalks. IIRC.

I believe it was either CA or Kiomarie who indicated that the area was used by the neighborhood kids as a pet cemetery.

Speaking of Cindy, I can't help it, the question keeps popping into my head as to why Caylee was wearing the SAME SHORTS she wore to see great grandfather on June 15.

If Caylee went to bed the evening of the 15th after swimming in the pool earlier that evening, wouldn't she wear jammies? I've never known a mom to put the same shorts back on a toddler the next day - sometimes a toddler wears two outfits in a day. With all of the clothes Caylee had, why the same shorts which probably would have been somewhat dirty by Monday? :waitasec:

Plus GA says he saw her the morning of the 16th wearing jean shorts (which I've never believed - just mo.)

Thank You ~ I've noticed and wondered the same thing myself.
Which brings up Casey's comment to Tracy, LP's gal in the house, "They haven't even found her clothes yet".

All I can say is the inmate sure didn't want to get her feet dirty. She barely went into those woods to dump her daughter, and had it not been for Hurricane Fey, Caylee Marie would have "likely" been found much sooner. I'm not gonna blame it on Kronk, the searchers, George, or anyone else. Caylee Marie was underwater and that area was not searched. If Mason wants to go on and on about why the body wasn't found, and how close is was to the street, all he has to do is pull up the weather reports.

And I'm really tired of Jose pulling out that dang measuring tape. He makes it look (to the jurors) that it was a flat entrance (even insinuating it was paved (he said pavers enough times), when in fact there is a considerable drop, before you get to the area the skull was found (hence the pool of water).

Thanks for listening.

JMHO.

Mel

I'm not confused. George is confused. But be my guest - ha!

Oh I forgot the quote - the one about having to go back and read all of GA's
testimonies while noting dates and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez