2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think HHJP was getting tired of this he just asked can the witness be excused. Both sides stated yes.

IMO she proved nothing to help the defense

CONTINUED CROSS EXAMINATION BY JA:

She was told the tape was found in an area that would have water coming into it and like a swampy type area.

If water was coming in and receding out and drying, it is possible that the DNA would start to degrade over time. The same answer would apply to the other items she was asked to examine from the scene.

FBI does not actually do paternity tests. In examining the family DNA samples, Caylee's bone marrow....

OBJECTION BY JB - OVERRULED

Paternity test - she generated the DNA type from LA. Then took ICA's type and compared to determine that LA could not be Caylee's father.

Stain in trunk is not blood. Can't tell anything else.

Only DNA on anything from the scene is explainable by DNA from lab personnel.

OBJECTION BY JB - OVERRULED.

REDIRECT EXAMINATION BY JB:

Regarding decomp in the trunk, as cells break down, DNA diminishes. She can't say as to what point during decomp she would not be able to get DNA? She stated it depends what you are trying to achieve. Blood, tissues and fluids will start to degrade. Bones will last longer. Does this happen at the latter part?

OBJECTION - leading - SUSTAINED.

Does that happen at the latter part?

OBJECTION - leading - OVERRULED.

She stated that there are environmental factors at play. She cannot say where the period of time is that she could no longer give a result. She could say that she did not get DNA or blood from the trunk of the car.

At the early stages of decomp, the possibility of blood leaking out would exist.

Possible to leak onto the trunk liner?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED.

If a body is placed in a trunk, the fluids will start to dissipate onto the liner if not contained in a protective material. If it was in a bag, it is possible that fluids could leak out of where the bag is tied up.

Regarding items collected from the scene, contaminated parts?

Testifying regarding protocols?

When answering as to what was found at the scene, that was based on her FBI report which is based on the SOP's of the lab.

The 17 allele was taken into consideration in her report - but as it related to it being inconclusive.

Regarding outside elements and the potential to find DNA, is there an expectation that if duct tape was placed around someone's mouth...

She would expect that if there was DNA recovered, it would be more likely to be on the sticky side.

RECROSS BY JA:

When fluids leave the body, they continue to decompose.

WITNESS IS EXCUSED.

RECESS UNTIL 3:05

Blood does not support a drowning victim. Are they going to do in another direction and suggest she was killed in another fashion now? Seriously what are they doing?

I have no idea. Earlier today JB brought up burn victims.

Either way he pretty much just acknowledged that there was a body in the trunk!

Thank you Jesus Hallelujah it is finally over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not be a jerk I will not be a jerk I will not be a jerk.

I no likey this witness.

I suspect she is trying to make a name for herself as an expert defense witness.Big bucks in that field. :maddening:
We will see her in other cases,I'm afraid. :maddening:

Did we all really just endure all that to find that the duct tape was contaminated by a lab employee?

Who's up next Baez...
C'mon, we've waited 3 years for this. Lets see what you got... Who's next?!?!?!

Anyone? Will the defense rest? lol?

I am so thankful the witness has been excused. She was not a good witness, IMO.

make-it-stop-1.jpg

Witness is EXCUSED!!!! Praise the Lord!!! :great: :great: :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members