2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what exactly is Mason's role in the defense? If he is attempting to help, JB must just be ignoring him.

Over a durn un needed sticker.:banghead:

It was a sticker the jury was very interested in JB needed to show the Lab mess up and the messy handling on evidence as his opening stated so he is making headway toward scoring points in getting the jury to except what he says as true.

The shovel again. Shovel seems to really bother the DT. They fought it being entered.

Deputy just kicked out a sleeping spectator.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 3:13 PM

These poor people! They show up at court really really early only to be subjected to this tiring questioning today. I'd fall asleep too.

JB made a point about not being able to match the garbage bags.

But... they were collected 6 months after Caylee disappeared. Am I remembering that correctly?

The lab personnel didn't see a sticker, they noted glue residue in the shape of a sticker similiar to what was found in ICA's bedroom.

I didn't hear that in trial. Maybe I missed it? :waitasec:

ETA: Oh, you mean the sticker strip photographed from her bedroom. I see what you mean. But meh...I have heart shaped stickers in my desk too.

There are two things that possibly link ICA to the body, the smell in the car (done with air sample testimony that has never been used in court before) and the sticker. Remember, the charge is1st degree murder.

Nobody who's paying attention thinks ICA is innocent, but the jury does have to apply what evidence they have in relation to how they find someone guilty of 1st degree murder. I've always took 1st degree meaning 'intent'.
And her lawyer's opening statement.

Baez told the jury that KC was present when Caylee drowned on the 16th.

It doesn't matter that it's not evidence, the jury remembers him saying that, yet he's done all in his power to distance KC from Caylee's body when he should be putting on a defense that explains his opening statement.

So far, he's made very little headway today. KC deserves better than this. He's used her to get his mug on TV and get famous, then he starts off with a limp, meaningless defense. I'm disgusted.

I feel he doesn't care if she's convicted, he got what he wanted.

Is that the one that's a teacher? If so, they found out the other day that he's an alternate....so the notes are for his classwork unless he gets to go in at some time.

I missed that. How did the jurors find out which of them are alternates?

It may be just semantics, but the witness and JB kept referring to 'sticker residue' and 'sticker fragments'. Both suggest remnants of paper to me.

Would the machine that she used also highlight the gum/paste/glue? (I wonder if the light would pick up impurities because of it being in plastic too).

I think the sticker was more vinyl than paper, and it originated from the single sticker backing in the box marked 'Caylee'

JMHO

This illustrates what I was trying to say about understanding the instrumentation so that I could evaluate the arguments. :waitasec:

cauc. hair on sticker...

family who owned the shovel (and used it) were cauc....

I can't think of any way that he could imply that through questioning that would be allowed by the court. imo

What I meant was, he could have done that in his opening statement and/or then IF ICA testifies, he could ask her and it could come out. Same with the whole theory....since GA denies that he had involvement and the sex abuse didn't happen....that has to come out in some way other than just opening statements. Well, I guess it doesn't have to come into evidence, but if they want the jury to believe it, it needs to come in, since opening statements aren't evidence. I assume that information will come out through questioning of ICA on the stand, but maybe they have something else up their sleeve that I am not seeing. So, anyway...the long of the short is that would be the questioning I was referring to. :)

The sticker shape & the heart shaped sticker is one of the main things that the State is using to link the body to ICA. Take away that heart impression & the sticker, how do you connect ICA to the body?

The blanket? We know that blanket was at the house, and all of those at the house had access to it.
The Car? We know that several people had access to the car?

Without the sticker and its connection to ICA's sticker collection, you suddenly introduce several other options to who had access to the body.

No one at the home had access to Casey's car -- they couldn't even find her, let alone her car. She wouldn't let George near the car trunk the one time he saw her. When the other Anthonys got access to the car again, it already had the smell of decomposing flesh. On the other hand, Casey had access to her car and everything formerly kept at the Anthony house and later found at the scene -- the trash bags, laundry bag, duct tape, etc.

There was a sticker, as in a decal, on the shovel? Really?

Whaaa?
Sticker(label) from the shovel? With a fragment of hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole