2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As boring as it is, JB has a good point. How do you know what was trash and what wasn't? What if the duct tape washed down and just stuck on the skull or something? Was there any evidence that was inside the trash bag? Even the shorts weren't in the bag... I wish the evidence was better in this case....

Two people from the FBI saw the outline of a heart on the duct tape. They even tried to test the glue. They asked CSI's at the dump site to look for a heart sticker and they found one. Casey had lots of heart stickers and put hearts on her pictures. Looking at the entirety of the evidence, I believe a heart sticker was put on that duct tape.

The duct tape was a rare brand which was tied directly to the A home via the gas can and the poster of Caylee at the tent GA set up.

It isn't just random trash when you look at the whole picture.

IMO

ahhhh. so she didn't see the heart residue..

well.. we know it was destroyed..

((and we know who will be the rebuttal witness))

Well, I don't even know if this sticker matches the residue found, do I? Because there's no picture of it. So....meh.

JMO

Mountain_Kat....I saw above that you don't put much weight in the sticker found. Out of curiosity regarding what the jurors may be thinking, did you find the witness who testified that she saw the residue as credible? In other words, do you believe that there was a heart shaped residue on the tape? Curious if you believe there was a heart-shaped something placed on that duct tape and just don't know whether or not it was this particular sticker or if you don't put any weight on that residue at all since there is no picture.

JA asking JB to cover text on doc being displayed - it has pics - now being published to jury

ETA - it doesn't appear to have pics... don't know what JB is trying to show

No; LDB was making the point that Caylee was tossed out among the trash.

Baez's useless sticker broohaha was rendered completely pointless.

Actually, it's pointless from the jump because he should be attacking the stronger evidence, because in the scheme of it, the sticker "evidence" means jack all.

The jury can easily toss it and still give KC the needle. Baez needs to attack the significant evidence that could actually help his client.

Quality vs. Quantity....rings in my ears

Gottesman is accepted as an expert. jurors are paying attn to her. Not as much note-taking right now. #CaseyAnthony -jfellby cfnews13casey via twitter at 2:47 PM

Wow!! I am actually speechless by LDB statement..........it breaks my heart to think that precious little Caylee Marie was thrown away like trash. I know we all heard it before, but LDB just drove it home with that one statement......

JB is so completely lost when looking for items. He needs a fracking docent to guide him through the evidence.

I think he's asking why they didn't send any of this stuff, but chose to send the sticker, IMO.

I get that, but I would have stayed away from highlighting how cruel Caylee's dumping was, but that's just me.

That heart shaped sticker/residue sure has the defense worried.. They're spending an awful lot of time on it... Seems an odd item to begin their case with... Or is it just me that's thinking it's weird?

Well, I don't even know if this sticker matches the residue found, do I? Because there's no picture of it. So....meh.

JMO

Some jurors may consider it and some may call it a wash. I don't think it's necessary,just another little fact to consider.

I'm a long time lurker, but I read the board daily!

I tend to agree that the puffy heart sticker is irrelevant to Caylee. I think it just happened to be in the woods.

It would make ICA seem a little more human to me had she applied that sticker. As if maybe she experienced a moment of remorse for her precious dead child and the heart was symbolic. Unfortunately, I don't think she has felt (or will feel) any pangs of remorse over the loss.

Howdy!
:seeya:

I don't think little girls were in this area very often around the time the sticker was left. The sticker was not too degraded. But the area was heavily wooded and filled with debris and dense vines and brush at the time. Not a play area at the time Caylee's body was dumped, IMO.

I live in Florida and there are snakes and rodents in these wooded areas.
Kids would go in there to drink i think but they are not play areas.

Mountain_Kat....I saw above that you don't put much weight in the sticker found. Out of curiosity regarding what the jurors may be thinking, did you find the witness who testified that she saw the residue as credible? In other words, do you believe that there was a heart shaped residue on the tape? Curious if you believe there was a heart-shaped something placed on that duct tape and just don't know whether or not it was this particular sticker or if you don't put any weight on that residue at all since there is no picture.

IMO, I'd put more weight if there was more evidence other than someone saying it was there. Not saying they are lying, but without a picture it's hard to put alot of weight to it.

Considering her bones were scattered around more than that 30 feet, I do not understand how this helps Baez that much.

Right? and not to mention he showed the jury that 20 or so feet isnt that far off the road with his tape measure

somebody tell me I am crazy. JB objected to the sticker withdrew objection forgot to show the jury the sticker and now he is trying to discredit it? THANKS in advance

Well his point was the heart stick could have been left there by anyone.

And LDK did help him with that.

Yes, anyone with heart stickers who was in the area of the body dump site or who threw something out near the body who liked to use heart shaped stickers of similar size to the shape on the murder weapon. Anyone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333