2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tow yard manager testified that flies flew out of the trunk when he and George opened it. How many, I don't remember the number.
Also, there were maggots in/on the trash bag they threw over the fence.
So someone cleaned up the dead bodies at the house.

I do remember CSI taking a couple of vacuums and wet-vac from the home. (early days)
IMO

IMO

You forgot Casey's forehead. Oh wait, she's not making that face in this pic. Sorry.
28186574_604x480.jpg

jeff ashton is going to NULLIFY this "experts" testimony in two minutes

what do dead pigs in Nebraska have to do with anything?

since NOONE KNOWS the exact conditions of Caylee's body in the car:

how long

triple bagged

temperature

stage of decomp

and on and on

two minutes and the nebraska expert is toast

Since this "expert" testified as to knowing decomp because of the smell..... I say let him smell it, then give his "expert" opinion!! What could it hurt?? LOL

:laugh:

RespectfullyQuoted jon burrows :wave:

Because you nasty. :floorlaugh:

:ohwow: No, really the minute you said it I saw what you were talking about...I am saying that about myself. Hope the joke lands... :innocent:

I missed the drawing part of the testimony so it was my first time seeing the picture. I'm going to step away from the computer now.

IMO

My exact thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! I just told this same thing to my dtr this morning....11-1 because of Juror #4 Hung Jury This is my gut feeling!

I hope,against hope,this is just sensationalism on the part of the "news" TH's.
Having us wait with baited breath to see if Juror 4 can't judge ICA.
IIRC ,She wiggled around ,when push came to shove,during jury selection,and was not particularly tough to lead.
Anyone else remember that?
There are some very intelligent jurors and I think they may have some good deliberations. She would have to ignore a lot to vote NG , IMO.

Dear InSession,
Can we discuss the case? Not interested in tons of coverage on the spectators' fight.
Thank you

Plus, wasn't there a graphic image from her MS pages that said "I Love Nerds"?

Just being funny.

I don't know. Although if she loved sponge bob square pants as much as caylee did, perhaps she would find him attractive.

Can someone please help me to understand something......

Baez in opening statements said that George had nothing to do with Caylee's death, only hiding her body. This was a terrible accident and not a death penalty case.

Why are they attacking a dead body in the car? What really is the point of doing that? Are they going to attempt to put George in possession of the car during the time that Casey was driving Tony's jeep? If so, then why are they disputing a dead body in the damn car? Wouldn't placing George in the car with a dead body strengthen the theory they told during opening statements, or have they completely forgotten what they told the jury about what happened here?

I just don't see how attacking the car is getting them anywhere. If the jury believes the testimony that there was a dead body in the car, and the defense cannot place George in possession of the car, what then?

This cannot be considered reasonable doubt, this has all to do with lack of common sense.:waitasec: Maybe I need a break..:banghead:

Because they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

There was a dead body in the car
No one had access to the car other than ICA
There are MANY witnesses who can verify ICA was driving that car
They have zero,zip, zilch way to connect George to that car

Hence: Their client had the decomposing body of the daughter she allegedly loved rotting in the trunk of her car - they will never, ever be able to get ICA away from that car. And there is no way to explain how ANYBODY supposedly took dead decomposing Caylee out of that car other than her alleged mother.

But sadly, the jury didn't even get to see that imprint of a toddlers body.....:banghead::banghead:

I looked at that stain repeatedly, from all angles. I didn't see a thing. Even when it was outlined for me. I didn't see a thing. Some people actually thought they saw fingernail impressions in the stain. I saw a blob. People all saw various different things in it and saw Caylee's imprint in various, different ways from one another. Reminds me of interpreting clouds in the sky. The shape of the stain has no evidentiary value, IMO.

Talking heads don't think Dr. Huntington's testimony was a total loss especially at the end when he stressed that there should have been a lot of flies, not just one.
GA opened the trunk at the tow yard and flies came out, according to Mr Birch's testimony. And, IIRC, The Anthonys left the trunk open at home to air it out.

:tyou: Themis

Thank you for this information from the news. I am questioning that information and not you, again thank you for your post. :thumb:

What information does the "news" have regarding this juror they are basing this opinion on? TIA.

:cow:
:tyou: Chiquita 71
First, during voir dire, Juror # 4 stated she couldn't judge anyone. JA tried a challenge (for cause I think) and HHJB denied it.
Second, once the trial began, Juror # 4 did not take notes during the prosecution's case in chief (or very few).
Third, once the defense case in chief began, Juror # 4 had notepad and pen at the ready and is taking notes.
Fourth, it doesn't really even take a reasonable doubt to derail a case. All it takes is one juror who will not vote guilty for any reason (either an unwillingness to judge or out of fear of the potential sentence) and others who will not vote for acquittal. I think we have that here.
That equals a hung jury and a mistrial. I think the State would probably try it again on the charges that are still within the statute of limitations. At that juncture between trials would be the perfect time for ICA to try to plead to something lesser and a sentence with a cap.

according to Bill S he has opened several doors...that being one of them--the other was the hiring of this expert...12-11-08--before the body identified...

I missed the date - 12-11-08...no wonder JB didn't hang around with the distraught ICA that afternoon. He had bug experts to hire. Wow, just WOW...wonder when he first contacted the doctor??

About the grave wax that can't be cleaned away per the DT expert and can by the pros.
Seems to me that all autopsy equipment including the autopsy table would have to be thrown out after each autopsy of an individual that hadn't died in hospital if that were the case. All gowns, scrubs worn, shoes would have to be tossed.
IMO grave wax can be removed by cleaning fluids designed to clean greasy stains on surfaces like the nylon carpet, that don't absorb fluids.
If not then the whole decomp cleaning industry is a complete scam.
The whole analogy about needing to replace the carpet in the car if ever you had a huge decomp stain was insane IMO. Who buys or drives a car that housed a dead body, stained or not but surely stinky?

according to Bill S he has opened several doors...that being one of them--the other was the hiring of this expert...12-11-08--before the body identified...

Love It!!!! Thanks for that info ~

I do hope that each day though, Baez is not going to be ending with a lunch time "thought for the day".
So far, 2 days in, and he has had perfect timing.

OK here's a thought. ICA cleaned/washed Tonys jeep before he got back from NYC. Wonder if ICA took the Pontiac to one of those do it your self car wasrig soon after she tossed Caylee into the trash area. The ones here are open 24-7 as long as you have quarters to use in them.

I thought Dr Spitz was coming to the stand today. Didn't someone say he flew into Orlando
this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members