2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the grave wax that can't be cleaned away per the DT expert and can by the pros.
Seems to me that all autopsy equipment including the autopsy table would have to be thrown out after each autopsy of an individual that hadn't died in hospital if that were the case. All gowns, scrubs worn, shoes would have to be tossed.
IMO grave wax can be removed by cleaning fluids designed to clean greasy stains on surfaces like the nylon carpet, that don't absorb fluids.
If not then the whole decomp cleaning industry is a complete scam.
The whole analogy about needing to replace the carpet in the car if ever you had a huge decomp stain was insane IMO. Who buys or drives a car that housed a dead body, stained or not but surely stinky?

Raising my hand on behalf of my cheap husband - However, as I have told a few times before here, it was a pickup that was used strickly as a farm work truck.
No carpeting or upholstery in it at all - not even a radio.
The guy had a heart attack and was not found for 3-4 days.
His family left that truck sitting outside of the barn, windows open, for 5yrs before finally deciding that they didn't want it, and sold it to my husband.
They had completey stripped that interior out, trying to clean the smell, etc. Even went so far as a taking the dashboard off and the interior doors apart to sanitize and clean.

When we got it - of Lord - it was still terrible. Summer time heat and humidity, winter time with the heat on.
Nothing masked it.

Okay - moving on.
We also at one time raised hogs when we farmed.
Yeah, they stink to high heaven, {dead or alive} but, nothing like that truck that we bought long after the fact of someone passing away in it.

Now what this guy has done, IMO, is not even a close comparision. Talk about apples to oranges.

And, this guy SO Busted Baez out when Judge Perry questioned him.

Maybe Baez's next gig will be on "Dancing With the Stars"? {Lord, I hope not}

We have all heard how obessive "clean" and neat freaks GA and CA are. We can tell by just looking at the home videos they are. So with that being said, when one cleans a car me thinks they also clean/vacuum the trunk. I do when I vacuum my vehicle.

Not too mention that GA's specialty is detailing cars. He said he did it every weekend to his car and KC's car too.

Utimately, I think there is a huge possibility here that very few of us are going to like the ultimate result of this trial.

I hate to say it, but you may be right. I just don't have a good feeling about any of it...there is too much the State left out. I wish the jury knew all of the evidence, because I'm certain they would convict her in a New York minute.

I don't understand their thinking! George opened the trunk at the towyard, flies came out- then the trunk was left opened for a while at the Anthony home in attempts to air it out..:waitasec:

Did the tow yard guy say there was a huge swarm of flies? What kind of flies? Were they the regular looking sort you find swarming on a bag of trash left to ripen in a hot car or something else of the "WTH is that!" sort? Why weren't more of them found dead in the car, due to whatever misadventure a fly runs across, if not a timely death?

Just my thoughts on what the talking heads might be seeing in the testimony.

Just now getting a chance to log on and turn the TV on as well. So I am behind! I saw a clip of the judge giving our man Ashton a smackdown (which kinda hurt my feelings!) Can someone tell me if the jury witnessed this or not? I think it is sooooo unprofessional for JB to be allowed to text all throughout court. Love the judge, but don't feel he should have made the statement JB can stand on his head, etc etc. I believe the entire DT and ICA are given too much leeway.

Anyhow, just wondered if this was in view of jury or not.

I agree!! I had a maggot infestation in my under sink kitchen rug years ago. We went on vaca for a week in July and returned to a closed house that was also hot! My kids were younger then and in and out the door playing all the time and apparently flies had laid eggs in the rug while we were away. It was the grossest thing I've ever seen!!! (and I was a much better housekeeper back when the kids were at home than I am now, LOL!)

Had I been at home doing my housekeeping on the reg like shaking rugs and vacuuming, it probably wouldn't have happened. a lesson learned for a younger WM:floorlaugh:

sorry all for the gross story......:waitasec:

wm

ETA I hadn't thought of this story for years til today's testimony!

I got one of those gross stories, too! When I was a young bride (and one who really didn't get the concept of housework yet) I guess we would not empty out kitchen garbage until it was brimming over the top. I, too, came home one day in the hot summer time to find these ugly looking squiggly white things crawling all over my kitchen floor. ARGGGGHHH when I realized what they were. I bleached that floor with straight clorox for about 8 hours, over and over and over again.

I learned my lesson about taking the garbage out regularly. I also won't put a dead fly in a garbage can, I flush it down the toilet.

one more thing: It seems obvious that Caylee was wrapped outside of the trunk as opposed to while lying in the trunk...because the single hair and the single fly leg probably fell off one of the garbage bags as opposed to falling directly off of Caylee. That might also explain why the grass died in A's back yard and why they dogs hit on those areas.

I think she'll get manslaughter and a 15 year sentence, personally.

I can't wait for JA to cross this guy. He will destroy him no doubt in my mind. First he will destroy his study, then he will attack his knowledge of the trunk liner in the case and what he knows or doesn't know about any cleaning of the trunk. Then he will ask him how many trunk liners he has cleaned where a bag child died and some fluids leaked out of a bag.

I also like the idea of asking him if he drove this car around town with the pigs in it.

I believe JA is prepared for this witness. Dr. Huntington stated all of this in his depo and JA was very interested so imo JA would get it together and be prepared. The difference with JA and JB is JA understands this kind of testimony and can punch holes in this experts opinion here and now. JB needs to consult with LKB or whoever. He's getting texts, scripts, etc. from other lawyers because he doesn't understand the evidence clearly himself. With this expert specifically JB didn't even have a jumping off point to start his questioning. IMO!

After the Operations Manager at Johnson's towing tossed the trash over the fence and before he retrieved the bag and later deposited it in the large on-site dumpster, did he see any Maggots, Bugs, Larvae or Pupae? Did he see a stain...if not then ICA probably did an initial cleaning out of the car, in A's garage, and used their vacuum. This was probably followed by tossing the residue from the vacuum and the car at the Amscot dumpster. Then she left the car to be towed.

CA may very well have just tried to get rid of the smell.

If Tow Truck manger saw the stain...he might be able to say more about it. But, with Caylee being triple bagged and laundry bagged, too...a good guess would be that very little bodily fluids dripped into the trunk and onto the liner. So possibly there was very little stain to see, anyway.

I still wonder why Amy isn't recalled to testify to her text to Casey about Casey taking her duct tape.

Amy's duct tape was not the Henkle Brand found on Caylee.

If chloroform levels were so high AND the body was bagged how likely is it that insects would survive - in a closed environment? really? I would like a scientist/chemist someone to answer that question....

OK here's a thought. ICA cleaned/washed Tonys jeep before he got back from NYC. Wonder if ICA took the Pontiac to one of those do it your self car wasrig soon after she tossed Caylee into the trash area. The ones here are open 24-7 as long as you have quarters to use in them.

I've always thought that was the case but what she failed to do was to take the lining up and clean the underside and in the tirewell.

We have all heard how obessive "clean" and neat freaks GA and CA are. We can tell by just looking at the home videos they are. So with that being said, when one cleans a car me thinks they also clean/vacuum the trunk. I do when I vacuum my vehicle.

Yes, Cindy talked about how they would bathe babies twice/day, and George talked about cleaning and vacuuming all the cars every weekend. No question.

Just not getting a chance to log on and turn the TV on as well. So I am behind! I saw a clip of the judge giving our man Ashton a smackdown (which kinda hurt my feelings!) Can someone tell me if the jury witnessed this or not? I think it is sooooo unprofessional for JB to be allowed to text all throughout court. Love the judge, but don't feel he should have made the statement JB can stand on his head, etc etc. I believe the entire DT and ICA are given too much leeway.

Anyhow, just wondered if this was in view of jury or not.

I agree. HHJP should not have made that statement, because IMHO I believe before the end of this case JB will IN FACT be doing circus tricks in the middle of the courtroom to match the circus like atmosphere.

Ok...here's a little info about ME. I'm not really a drinker. I drink a glass of wine or two on social occasions....I do have an extensive liquor cabinet, because I buy it on cruises because it is cheap, and I like the pretty bottles!

But this week, I have been CRAVING that Patron Tequila I have up in that cabinet...as well as the Absolute Peach, Absolute Lemon, Crown Royal, Kaluhua, Baileys, Malibu Rum and Bacardis.

In fact, I have been having dreams of popping the top on just about each and every one of those pretty bottles......

If you like pretty bottles ...

http://www.fireflyvodka.com/

I know the artist ;) :cool:

No matter how many times I look at the stain, or from what angle I don't see an outline of Caylee at all; just a stain. People traced it and I still didn't see it. IMO, it won't do a bit of good to show it to the jury.

I have see the pic and didn't see anything more than a stain. If Caylee were in two bags you wouldn't see any outline of her body anyway. The stain may just be her approximate size but I doubt you can see things like head outline, limbs, etc. It doesn't matter anyway, it's there and it was her. The SA has already shown that.

I think she'll get manslaughter and a 15 year sentence, personally.

I so hope that you're wrong Turnadot because, IMO, that light of a sentence would be a serious slap-in-the-face and nowhere close to justice for Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga